Kliff Kingsbury likely out - Outkick.com

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bidwill swing for the fences and popped out.
I think it’s just too absurd for him to name Joseph’s the head coach. I think what will happen is Kingsbury will be fired. We then sign a guy like Caldwell or Reich giving them ( encouraging them) to retain as much of the staff as possible.
When thinking what Bidwill and this organization will do you have to think a little stupid.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I said yesterday in another thread I think MB will give the HC to Vance. He's been the main focus on Hard Knocks the last couple episodes so I can see how Mike might be orchestrating the narrative. Plus, he can make amends for the debacle that came with the Wilks firing and also the promoting of Harris and Adub.
If MB promotes the DC of the 2nd WORST defense in the NFL, then he will forever sit alongside his father as one of, if not, the worst owners in NFL history. Whatever goodwill he created by finally getting a stadium in AZ, will be forever lost.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't be against him at all, but would prefer Payton or Harbaugh.
I think Harbaugh is a pipe dream. Also doubt he would consider us.

Payton if it requires our #3 overall pick? Hell no.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not going to be shocked if KK is back next season. Won't even be shocked if VJ is also back. MB will keep the "co-gms" and they will trade back a la the Terrell Suggs draft. All will be groovy in Cardinal Land.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Listening to Houston sports radio this morning and overheard this conversation between the morning hosts:

Announcer 1
“So, if Kliff Kingsbury is fired, would you want him here as the Texans next offensive coordinator?”

Announcer 2
“Oh, hell no. Hell no!”

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Kliff gets fired I think the Eagles would be a great place for him. Great Oline, more physical QB, great wr core, more athletic TE, etc.

Assuming the Eagles OC gets a HC elsewhere of course.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Let's stop the Vance Joseph to HC talk. It's not happening, here or anywhere, until he shows he can put a top defense consistently on the field. He's had his shot and failed.

And KK is not getting a coordinators job in the NFL either. His best bet is a lower tier college wants him.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
if Kingsbury is out, I would not be surprised to see the patriots pick him up as coordinator, and I think he would be great at it with Belichick as his boss

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
honestly if this plays out I may consider crowdfunding anti-Bidwill billboards across the valley.
why wait until it’s too late? I’d chip in right now for billboard’s that say “Clean house or fans are out!” or something like that.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
if Kingsbury is out, I would not be surprised to see the patriots pick him up as coordinator, and I think he would be great at it with Belichick as his boss
if he stays in the NFL, and i think he will --

he is going in as a QB coach somewhere -- not the OC.

and then after two years, he might get promoted to OC somewhere

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Sports Illustrated: Vance Joseph 'lead candidate' to replace Kliff Kingsbury​

Albert Breer wrote: "As for Kingsbury, everything appears to be on the table—a firing, a negotiated exit or a fifth season in the desert. If Kingsbury’s gone, I’d expect Joseph to be a lead candidate, if not the lead candidate to replace him."

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score

Sports Illustrated: Vance Joseph 'lead candidate' to replace Kliff Kingsbury​

Albert Breer wrote: "As for Kingsbury, everything appears to be on the table—a firing, a negotiated exit or a fifth season in the desert. If Kingsbury’s gone, I’d expect Joseph to be a lead candidate, if not the lead candidate to replace him."

:barf:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
if he stays in the NFL, and i think he will --

he is going in as a QB coach somewhere -- not the OC.

and then after two years, he might get promoted to OC somewhere
Yeah. He could be an OC for an offensive-minded coach. I just don’t think he really had an idea of how to balance being an offensive mind and the day-to-day of being a head coach. You have to delegate a ton of stuff if you want to focus on offense; I don’t think he had the horses in the building, especially after Clements left.

Someone will tell the story of Tom Clements and I am HERE FOR IT.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Not going to be shocked if KK is back next season. Won't even be shocked if VJ is also back. MB will keep the "co-gms" and they will trade back a la the Terrell Suggs draft. All will be groovy in Cardinal Land.
IF Vance doesnt get the job, this is the most likely scenario with perhaps KK agreeing to bring in an OC. I think we have a better chance of winning the powerball than the fantasy of hiring a Payton or Harbaugh. Afterall, we have the Son of Dollar Bill, Mike Bidwill as the owner.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess we should be asking, who does Vance Joseph bring in as OC? And does he keep the rest of the coaching staff in place? Doesn't really sound like a recipe for change.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Yeah. He could be an OC for an offensive-minded coach. I just don’t think he really had an idea of how to balance being an offensive mind and the day-to-day of being a head coach. You have to delegate a ton of stuff if you want to focus on offense; I don’t think he had the horses in the building, especially after Clements left.

Someone will tell the story of Tom Clements and I am HERE FOR IT.

I think the problem was with Kliff in charge, it was: Mostly Kliff's offense with NFL tweaks

where i think a formula that probably works is: Mostly an NFL offense with Kliff's tweaks

and I think being a QB coach to OC probably gets him there after 4 years.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose