Kliff Kingsbury likely out - Outkick.com

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have 19 players on injured reserve and probably at least 8 players not on injured reserve who have missed significant time. 49ers have 6 players on injured reserve. 49ers also have this neat situation where their 1st string QB is terrible, while their 2nd and 3rd string are pretty good. Cowboys have been played with most of their starters the majority of the season. Neither of those teams have had a large amount of starters miss major time. Rams have comparable injuries to us, not as many, but on the same level and they are 5-11. We've been tanking for the last 4 weeks. The only team that "overcomes" injuries like we've had are the Tennessee Titans and they play in the AFC South and have had what have been calculated to be much easier schedules.

Going into the season we had the second hardest schedule. Now that the season is played our schedule is considered the 4th hardest, with our easiest games coming after we had gone into tank mode. The injury excuse is legitimate in my mind. Keim is already gone and I think that alone will be enough to make this good a lot better.
you may enjoy getting in the nuts repeatedly, but I don’t.

We were PATHETIC before injuries even derailed this team. Or were you asleep on opening day when we got routed 44-21? How about when we put up a whopping 9 points on a Seahawks offense that had given up an average of 37 ppg in its previous 3 games.

Or when we humiliated ourselves against Niners when the MNF announcers correctly called the team QUITTERS.

We were a WOEFUL 4-7 before injuries/players started quitting on the season. How so many of you can repeatedly use the same, tired excuses for this team is beyond me.

injury excuses are like buttholes. Every one has them and they all smell like crap.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
you may enjoy getting in the nuts repeatedly, but I don’t.

We were PATHETIC before injuries even derailed this team. Or were you asleep on opening day when we got routed 44-21? How about when we put up a whopping 9 points on a Seahawks offense that had given up an average of 37 ppg in its previous 3 games.

Or when we humiliated ourselves against Niners when the MNF announcers correctly called the team QUITTERS.

We were a WOEFUL 4-7 before injuries/players started quitting on the season. How so many of you can repeatedly use the same, tired excuses for this team is beyond me.

injury excuses are like buttholes. Every one has them and they all smell like crap.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
KK deserves a hardy good-bye. We tried something a bit different and it showed glimpses of success. Might have been more if not for some deficiencies in personnel, some injuries, suspension, and eventually a lack of the creativity which we had hoped for. I think his lack of experience on this level caused him to be overwhelmed, especially during games.

Good luck to KK, I can only imagine the wealth of experience he will in time realize he gained. I hope it serves him well in his future.

Hopefully, Mr Bidwill has gained experience too, and will stick to hiring good people with successful nfl experience, and not go back to the typical nfl retreads that endlessly float around the interview processes. We need a well respected leader of men.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If VJ is HC I will puke. I wanted him gone 2 years ago! He doesn’t play rookies without absolutely having to. So their goes the point of the draft for us
Yeah he prefers playing journeymen players instead of them, so the learning curve for rookies takes longer something this poor builded roster can't afford

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how desperate KK is to leave. How much of a haircut on his 22 million is he willing to take to get his freedom?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They are 7-9. Our strength of schedule is much higher than theirs. Also they are in the AFC South. Besides getting to play terrible teams twice, this means that their division title was up for grabs much longer than the NFC West. The Cardinals have made personnel decisions that indicated tanking ever since Kyler got injured, while the Titans were in contention to win their division until tonight.
Yes for any poor team you can list all the reasons. Doesn’t mean the team didn’t suck compared to the teams that undeniably performed better. But if all those reasons made you enjoy our crappy season more, all the power to you.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
KK deserves a hardy good-bye. We tried something a bit different and it showed glimpses of success. Might have been more if not for some deficiencies in personnel, some injuries, suspension, and eventually a lack of the creativity which we had hoped for. I think his lack of experience on this level caused him to be overwhelmed, especially during games.

Good luck to KK, I can only imagine the wealth of experience he will in time realize he gained. I hope it serves him well in his future.

Hopefully, Mr Bidwill has gained experience too, and will stick to hiring good people with successful nfl experience, and not go back to the typical nfl retreads that endlessly float around the interview processes. We need a well respected leader of men.
Not to mention the actual . . . wealth.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yeah he prefers playing journeymen players instead of them, so the learning curve for rookies takes longer something this poor builded roster can't afford
All those "journeymen" are now with other teams that are in the playoffs and they are all starting and/or contributing significantly.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
If VJ is HC I will puke. I wanted him gone 2 years ago! He doesn’t play rookies without absolutely having to. So their goes the point of the draft for us
I said yesterday in another thread I think MB will give the HC to Vance. He's been the main focus on Hard Knocks the last couple episodes so I can see how Mike might be orchestrating the narrative. Plus, he can make amends for the debacle that came with the Wilks firing and also the promoting of Harris and Adub.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how desperate KK is to leave. How much of a haircut on his 22 million is he willing to take to get his freedom?
$22 million? He still has 4 guaranteed years at $7.5 million per year. That's $30 million to walk away from.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Ya think anyone else in football is lining up to hire him at any sort of relevant position? He’s going to make Bidwill fire him and get his money.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If they’re gonna keep VJ they may as well keep Kliff . 3 of the last 5 or 6 games were lost on the final play so you could argue the defense was just as at fault. Never mind giving allowing the broncos to have their second highest scoring game of the season.

OP
OP
Redsz

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Former Cardinals Damien Anderson and Frank Sanders regularly appear on the PHNX AZ Cardinals podcast. They are on now and really interesting comments from both:

- They both feel that Quentin Harris is a good GM candidate and should be appointed over Adrian Wilson
- Both believe that Bidwill needs to step back and let football people run the show
- All agree that the Co-GM thing is a real possibility (unfortunately) and that isn't a good thing for the organization
- All agree that Bidwill should look at all options rather than looking internally to make changes
- 90% chance that Bidwill fires Kliff first thing tomorrow based on how Cardinals handled Arians, Wilks, and Whiz

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
All agree that the Co-GM thing is a real possibility (unfortunately) and that isn't a good thing for the organization
if there is anything worse than an internal candidate -- its TWO co-internal candidates

i have never, ever seen co- anything work well

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Former Cardinals Damien Anderson and Frank Sanders regularly appear on the PHNX AZ Cardinals podcast. They are on now and really interesting comments from both:

- They both feel that Quentin Harris is a good GM candidate and should be appointed over Adrian Wilson
- Both believe that Bidwill needs to step back and let football people run the show
- All agree that the Co-GM thing is a real possibility (unfortunately) and that isn't a good thing for the organization
- All agree that Bidwill should look at all options rather than looking internally to make changes
- 90% chance that Bidwill fires Kliff first thing tomorrow based on how Cardinals handled Arians, Wilks, and Whiz
First person fired should be Keim.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I said yesterday in another thread I think MB will give the HC to Vance. He's been the main focus on Hard Knocks the last couple episodes so I can see how Mike might be orchestrating the narrative. Plus, he can make amends for the debacle that came with the Wilks firing and also the promoting of Harris and Adub.
That could backfire.... we take this 3rd pick and 40mil in free agents and Vance goes 3-14 with it...then what??
Watch all the fans leave? Or be the white billionaire that only gives black coaches 1 year to succeed?

He needs to hire the best coach and GM he can find optics be damned.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose