Kliff Fired

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its best for Kliff. The past 4 years he got old and worn.
I posted after about 4 or 5 games that the offense was no longer believing in Kliff and tuning him out. It was obvious. Five years is typical time for teams to tune out a coach.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Don't think he ever should have been hired. Seemed over his head so often and the offense was unimaginative. Overall, a pretty boring coach.
I think he ended up with a job that he didn't ask for. It was real galaxy-brained thinking to put a failed college head coach in as head coach because you assumed that he'd become so successful someone would poach him away.

Kliff as OC with an experienced NFL HC is a very different universe than the one we live in today.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he ended up with a job that he didn't ask for. It was real galaxy-brained thinking to put a failed college head coach in as head coach because you assumed that he'd become so successful someone would poach him away.

Kliff as OC with an experienced NFL HC is a very different universe than the one we live in today.
I agree that Kliff is going to find a niche as an OC and do well at it for a long time. Many failed head coaches had long careers as coordinators.

Honestly, Kliff did better than I expected. I thought we would never have a winning season with him as HC.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The last ten or so weeks must have been an absolute nightmare for Kliff.

I bet part of him is like "thank god its over and that I don't have to go back to the facility everyday".
As dumb as the contract extension was...and now knowing what we know about Keim being "absent" for a long time...they honestly should have taken the training wheels completely off and let Kliff have full control of his staff. We know he wanted Kugler gone, well before Mexico. I'm sure their could be others...How was his relationship with Vance or some of his coaches? Never really saw them chumming it up on the sidelines. If you're going to trust Kliff with 5 years, you need to trust him to call the shots. So it was a compounded mistake, IMO.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I hope KK has someone to be with today and this week. He should not be all alone in a time like this. You may laugh, but all of this yearś problems seem to be placed on his shoulders and that is a lot to carry after being fired from your dream job.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope KK has someone to be with today and this week. He should not be all alone in a time like this. You may laugh, but all of this yearś problems seem to be placed on his shoulders and that is a lot to carry after being fired from your dream job.

I think Kliff will be ok, he is probably going to chill at his sweet home with his girlfriend

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Good weather...lots of holes, but now see an owner willing to burn cash to get into a better situation...decent cap room...possible long-term answer at QB...and a top 5 draft pick.

Most important on that list is MB burning cash, though...I think that helps change the perspective some have on ownership.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Cards finished the season with the 31st ranked defense. How funny would it be if that gave him the HC'ing job.
That’s why I’m think that’s impossible. You just can’t sell that to the public. You can’t fire kliff and then turn around and give the reins to the guy that authored the 31st ranked defense. It would be the first question asked if Mike and he would have zero response.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s why I’m think that’s impossible. You just can’t sell that to the public. You can’t fire kliff and then turn around and give the reins to the guy that authored the 31st ranked defense. It would be the first question asked if Mike and he would have zero response.
I completely agree.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t understand how he could be surprised. I do feel badly for him. He seems like a genuinely good guy who was given an opportunity that was just above his ability.
He may have been told something different by Bidwill a few weeks ago and there was a change.