KK sucks azz too

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I really struggle to see how people are critical of Kingsbury today and are not equally critical of Murray. They are an extension of each other. How do you blame the HC for the 2 min offense when 2 min offenses are called by the QB on the field? Murray was struggling with that which is what burned so much time.

I am ok with this...not being a hater, but this criticism doesn't make sense.
Oh I’m critical of Murray on that last drive too. I think the game moves too fast for him in these end game pressure situations. And it concerns me. But maybe even moreso than most QB-head coach combos, kyler is an extension of Kk. And that last 1:43 was god awful for both.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC there was only 1 timeout left for the Cards. If correct that TO needed to be saved in order to have a FGA. Kyler Murray brain farted thinking he was at Oklahoma and the clock would stop to reset the chains. He wasn't going to get in the end zone on that time eating run. He ate the clock up with bad decisions. Get out of bounds throw it away or complete the pass then clock the ball. Running 32 yards to the middle of the field was the worst option.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
IIRC there was only 1 timeout left for the Cards. If correct that TO needed to be saved in order to have a FGA. Kyler Murray brain farted thinking he was at Oklahoma and the clock would stop to reset the chains. He wasn't going to get in the end zone on that time eating run. He ate the clock up with bad decisions. Get out of bounds throw it away or complete the pass then clock the ball. Running 32 yards to the middle of the field was the worst option.

The clock running gaffe was on 3rd down IIRC. He just legitimately thought it was stopped for some reason.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Oh I’m critical of Murray on that last drive too. I think the game moves too fast for him in these end game pressure situations. And it concerns me. But maybe even moreso than most QB-head coach combos, kyler is an extension of Kk. And that last 1:43 was god awful for both.
For me, this is where I feel like I really saw Kyler's inexperience. He had no feel for what plays to call and how quickly to call them. Some of that in on Kliff, but he can't be out there. I said this in another thread, but I am actually pretty good with how today turned out. It provided some clarity for the org on what the issues are.

Unfortunately, DJ isn't going anywhere so that is a moot discussion.

Fortunately, Drake can be extended so the cupboard won't be bare.

Unfortunately, we need talent all over our defense...we can't count on Patrick Peterson to solve all of our problems. DE, OLB, ILB, CB, and S.

Fortunately, we have money so FA will solve a lot of those issues.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For me, this is where I feel like I really saw Kyler's inexperience. He had no feel for what plays to call and how quickly to call them. Some of that in on Kliff, but he can't be out there. I said this in another thread, but I am actually pretty good with how today turned out. It provided some clarity for the org on what the issues are.

Unfortunately, we need talent all over our defense...we can't count on Patrick Peterson to solve all of our problems. DE, OLB, ILB, CB, and S.

Yes it will be interesting to see how effectively they can spend the cash. Lots of moves to be made in the offseason. Not confident in Keith driving that bus.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Javon Kinlaw will be for the taking in the 1st round.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really struggle to see how people are critical of Kingsbury today and are not equally critical of Murray. They are an extension of each other. How do you blame the HC for the 2 min offense when 2 min offenses are called by the QB on the field? Murray was struggling with that which is what burned so much time.

I am ok with this...not being a hater, but this criticism doesn't make sense.

i think both of them crapped the bed in the last five minutes today.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can’t even blame either of them today, really.

Maxx’s drop.
David s fumble.
Sherfield’s slip.

All 3 out of their control.

You can blame Kliff for the Saints game.

You can blame Kyler for the Seahawks game.

This game? Nah, I can’t do it.
It's the game within a game for me. Nothing was completely out of the ordinary for me with kk. Vance on the other hand felt very different to me..

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Maxx’s drop.
David s fumble.
Sherfield’s slip.

Why was he on the field?

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Maxx’s drop.
David s fumble.
Sherfield’s slip.

Also add in the defense allowing touchdown with one minute left in the first half. You can question any coach or OC during any game the plays they called. For a first year coach he is doing just fine and will learn from this year.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I mean, do you want me to call Kliff & Clements to get the answer?
A chance to put the game away...

We put our 6th best WR as the primary read to put the game away. Not ideal.

I don't "blame" Kliff for this game.

However, my perspective is different than most. I sorta laugh at people saying Kliff/Kyler being the same in blame/success.

I've seen every Kyler game and most of Kliff's Texas Tech games/all of A&M as the OC.

So its a cumulative thing for me.
Kyler's playing a level up. I don't think the play calling is making things "easier" for him. Kliff is still struggling with the issues that caused him to lose games with Mahomes at QB.

It just always seemed llke it was something that kept him from winning like he should.

I like Kliff. I think he can succeed. However, he really needs to hire a strong assistant HC as he learns the NFL game.

Can he better? I think so. However, as someone who watched him a lot in college...

well lets hope we crush in the draft.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How you can say that after watching the last drive is beyond me. This was a terrible pass defense. We had the balk with, what, 1:35 left and a timeout (and he burned a timeout on defense that didn’t make squat difference)? Two plays run took close to 50 seconds off the clock in their own. There was zero sense of urgency and no scheme to get the receivers open.

the game clearly changes when kyler runs yet not a single run in the first quarter and then no called runs down the stretch of the game either.

And the red zone foibles continue to be glaring indictments.

whatever “genius” might exist on the offensive side is offset in close games by his total lack of game clock awareness.
Ouchie ... ouchie ... gosh... we had 2 timeouts, one had to be used for injury and one to be safed to set up the kicker.

No failure there.

Than running is disputable, but if Suh doesn't get our Rb he has a 30-40 yards open lane, so can't hate the call.

Than the speed of the up tempo was a problem, yes. but that is on KM as wel if not even more.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ouchie ... ouchie ... gosh... we had 2 timeouts, one had to be used for injury and one to be safed to set up the kicker.

No failure there.

Than running is disputable, but if Suh doesn't get our Rb he has a 30-40 yards open lane, so can't hate the call.

Than the speed of the up tempo was a problem, yes. but that is on KM as wel if not even more.
Didn’t realiE there was an injury. So that’s a pass. But if they need to “save” the timeout then you have 1:43 with no timeouts. A run in that instance, to the middle of the field is idiotic. And the whole “if he didn’t get tackled” position is just silly - he did. The okay didn’t fool suh. It was a BAD call.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
what i would like to know the explanation for:

1. with the clock stopped and an injury to Gunter, why did the Cards have to use a timeout?

2. Draw play. Maybe with the 2nd timeout, but ugh.

3. K1 has to learn that time is more important than 3 yards -- if nobody is open, throw it at Drakes feet

4. What was up with the time on calling the play after that? So odd that when not in 2 minute, they can run really fast, but at that moment....? took forever.
1. Because in the 2 minutes injury time outs are on the team.

2. If suh doesn't get his hand out, the lane is open the next 20-40 yards. 1:46 on the clock, you need to run, if you score you don't want to let to much time on the clock.

3. yes this is right

4. don't know

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Didn’t realiE there was an injury. So that’s a pass. But if they need to “save” the timeout then you have 1:43 with no timeouts. A run in that instance, to the middle of the field is idiotic. And the whole “if he didn’t get tackled” position is just silly - he did. The okay didn’t fool suh. It was a BAD call.
Because Ouchie, you need to eat some time of that part, even Rodgers does it. Because if you have a TD at that point or a score to early, you might as well have a problem.

If it would have worked, everyone would gosh about how great the call was.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
KK has a lot to learn about clock management in the NFL. But I remember discussions on here about BA’s clock management and he had a ton more experience in the NFL than KK. It’s his first year.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
The injury timeout occurred when the Bucs had the ball after the PI call gave them Them 1st and goal at the 1.

Some of us were saying just let them score in that position (check the game thread). Instead injury time out after 1st down, time out after second down, and inevitable TD. End result just 10 secs off the clock, however more importantly 2 precious TOS wasted.

Then our possession with just a minute 43 left and the sole TO there was a sequence when about 50 secs ticked off the clock which is the most damning mistake. A holding penalty and 2 desperation heaves later, game over.

Terrible clock management especially for a guy that is supposed to be this new age innovative offensive savant. The defensive wasn’t stopping ish in this game.

Couple this with the debacle at the end of the half last game and I definitely have my questions. 9-10 games in I was expecting more.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Because Ouchie, you need to eat some time of that part, even Rodgers does it. Because if you have a TD at that point or a score to early, you might as well have a problem.

If it would have worked, everyone would gosh about how great the call was.
In your universe where a player that made a play doesn’t make the play the cardinals are undefeated, right? How many super bowls have they won in that reality?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Kliff will win more playoff games than Bruce Arians, and it won't be close. Bruce will get to watch us win the Super Bowl from the Forever Home with Amos Jones. I'm sure the party will be a riot. Bruce will be fired / retired before the Bucs go to the playoffs again.
How has this ridiculous comment not been called out yet? Arians is the winningest coach in Cardinals history and you think that Kliff "go for it on 4th down inside my own 30, can't even post a winning record in college" Kingsbury is going to outperform that? Wow.

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I don’t even feel annoyed about the thread anymore

Rams fans are ******** all on McVay and their GM right now on their board and twitter and they just had a run to the Super Bowl.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Yeah I thought K2 called a good game today. Loved the fake punt call.

Last drive was a train wreck for sure, but you can get better at those situations.

Play-calling though. It's like speed, or height. You either have it, or you don't. You can get a little better at it. Study tendencies, script plays, etc. But when the clock's rolling in the 4th quarter, and it's 3 and 10, that's when the great ones shine. K2 has a chance to be on that "great" level.

Pass play to Maxx Williams (that he dropped) was the perfect example. K2 smoked their DC on that play. Checkmate.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Yeah I thought K2 called a good game today. Loved the fake punt call.

Last drive was a train wreck for sure, but you can get better at those situations.

Play-calling though. It's like speed, or height. You either have it, or you don't. You can get a little better at it. Study tendencies, script plays, etc. But when the clock's rolling in the 4th quarter, and it's 3 and 10, that's when the great ones shine. K2 has a chance to be on that "great" level.

Pass play to Maxx Williams (that he dropped) was the perfect example. K2 smoked their DC on that play. Checkmate.

TB won that’s the actual checkmate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk