KK sucks azz too

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Ouchie-Z-Clown, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Okay now I’m curious, who here thinks it’s a smart strategy to run with 1:43 left in game in which you’re trailing with the goal being to run clock so your opponent doesn’t have enough time to score after you score.

I will unabashedly report that in my mind this is one of single dumbest reasons to run - to milk clock - when you’re trailing with only 1:43 left and you’re 75 yards from winning the ballgame.

AZCB34 and nashman like this.
  2. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Dangerous Murray Zealot

Certainly not me sir. I really did not like that play call at all. Loathed it in fact.

3. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

That was a Kliff call. He tried to catch them in a blitz.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

4. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

You’re not understanding my question. I’m not asking if you (or Kliff) would run trying to catch the D unprepared to get yardage. I’m asking would you try to milk clock with the ball at the 25 and 1:43 left. That’s what’s being argued, that they had to run to milk clock so the other team wouldn’t have enough time to comeback and score again. I think that’s patently absurd.

5. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

I posted this in another thread but I met someone close to Murray this weekend. He basically said Kingsbury is keeping Murray reigned in

Kyler wants to run more and take more shots deep but Kingsbury doesn't want him taking big hits or expose him to a ton of adversity

Everything is about growing this year, learning, and being ready for next season

So these odd coaching choices are experimenting and learning for him too

6. TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift Rookie

If this is what they called "reigned" in, I wonder what he will look like with a guard, wr1 and solid consistent pass catching te and experience.

daves and Redrage like this.
  7. conraddobler

conraddobler I want my 2$

College coaches converting to the NFL you would think would suck at clock management at the NFL level just because .... well just because.

I mean you could get lucky and get one who intuitively was a genius at it but it's just very unlikely because it's so much more important in the NFL compared to college.

The margin of victory is so much closer in the NFL you would expect a first year coach to donk their head on about every possible way to screw this up their first year.

However after an offseason to think about it you would hope that they can adjust and digest the magnitude of it's importance if they have any game theory IQ at all.

I don't think we're that caught up in winning games but more so caught up in learning this year and teaching and building and nothing I see is all that inconsistent with that MO.

Yeah you'd like coaching and play calling to be polished to a high sheen right out of the gate but that was very unlikely to happen, almost all that goes on I take with a grain of salt but next year I would expect massive improvements in things.

KK has a basic year to just prove he belongs in the NFL. So far so good but ultimately the honeymoon will dry up after this year and he'll be expected to start stacking wins.

We'll know soon enough if he's the real deal the clock starts ticking next year and while the goal might not be the Super Bowl it's at least a very big improvement from this year which should start winning games on a regular basis.

I like KM and think he's going to be very good but the team is just not that good around him yet. I think we're innovative and will be much more so next year.

I don't think we're that far away from being a better than average team just because of KM but to be an elite team will take a year or two more.

8. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

Exactly. Those plays could have gave us between 13-21 points. Game over right there. Not the fault of KK.

9. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

I think it is excusable, considering we scored with too much time in the 1st half and our defense allowed them to march down the field. When you have 1:43, and 2 time outs, running isn't a terrible strategy. Wasting 30+ seconds after that is inexcusable.

daves likes this.
  10. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

Oh...my bad. No, I would not run the ball in that situation with the intention of running clock.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  11. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Dangerous Murray Zealot

Well at least the Cardinals have your attention again conrad. :)

12. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

It is amazing the excuses given to a guy with head coaching experience when he makes an appallingly misguided play call given time and score and then it is compounded by a lackadaisical approach to the next play.

He has coached in these situations before. His entire offense has basically been one giant two minute drill. Yes the NFL is slightly different but c'mon man. This is a lesson he should have learned as OC at A&M.

Solar7 likes this.
  13. Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze Rookie

Ok clown thinks KK sucks azz.... move along clown, might as well not watch the Cardinals until we have a better coach.... see you then!!

14. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

Don't tell other posters to not follow our team. You are new here, but that is not allowed.

15. Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze Rookie

hmmmm