KK sucks azz too

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff's clock and timeout management at the end of games has been bad.

That said, this loss wasn't on him. It should have been a two score game.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How many seconds did we burn up on the one play?

Just took our time like there was 5 minutes to play
The first play of the last drive took 23 seconds. Another play took 43 seconds. We got off a grand total of 5 plays in 1:43 with a timeout. FIVE PLAYS. Unacceptable.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess KK made David Johnson fumble or Sherfield fall down or maybe he told Max Williams to drop that ball.

But yeah it’s KK fault. Maybe we should start a fire SK thread about this game

come on dude.

remember how long it took you to realize that DJ sucked... when we were saying that two years ago and you were calling us idiots? Or how about Keim? Or how about PP being a problem?

Just because you're the type of fan that can't hear the train coming down the tracks until it runs over you, doesn't mean other can't see glaring problems staring them in the face.

KK's game management in big moments continues to be pretty pathetic. I think he'd be a great OC, but there's a reason his teams were NEVER good in college. He was a terrible game manager then and continues to be now. thinking anything else after the last three weeks of mind-boggiling decisions at key moments in the game is living in complete denial.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kliff can’t catch a perfectly thrown ball to a wide open tight end. Williams needs to be cut for that. Don’t blame the coach
Kliff had the lead with the ball in the red zone with under 5 minutes left in the game. Maxx’s drop was awful. But Kliff was in position to win the game. And he sucked.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you just can't have a HC who's awful at game management, especially in the biggest moments.

10-6 against the Saints fourth down call... awful.

the idiotic "Kodak moment" timeout against the Niners and the terrible challenge losing the timeout late in the fourth... awful.

getting 4 plays off... with 1:47 on the clock AND a timeout and having to depend on the refs on an in duress heave into the air with 00:00 on the clock, atrocious. I mean, we ran a draw to kill 30 seconds, then a five yard dump over the middle and then... with a timeout mind you... let 30 SECONDS ROLL OFF THE CLOCK at the end of the game while stuck at the 39 yard line.

I think KK is what he is... a good OC who has no business being a HC. The big knock on him at TT... well, besides never building an actual winning program... was terrible game management. And that hasn't gotten any better at this point and it's seemingly getting worse.
Totally agree

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Granted but this team needs talent on defense so winning meaningless games at this point doesn’t really help the team. We are not a playoff team so the losses as long as competitive are nice growing experience and hopefully we can get some talent drafted on the D which is the problem on this team period!!!
I’m not saying it’s a bad loss because it impacts our ability to make the playoffs. I’m not delusional. It’s a bad loss bc it shows a repeating pattern of our coach not improving in a crucial element of head coaching.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How you can say that after watching the last drive is beyond me. This was a terrible pass defense. We had the balk with, what, 1:35 left and a timeout (and he burned a timeout on defense that didn’t make squat difference)? Two plays run took close to 50 seconds off the clock in their own. There was zero sense of urgency and no scheme to get the receivers open.

the game clearly changes when kyler runs yet not a single run in the first quarter and then no called runs down the stretch of the game either.

And the red zone foibles continue to be glaring indictments.

whatever “genius” might exist on the offensive side is offset in close games by his total lack of game clock awareness.
I like Kliff, but can't shake the feeling that we'd have 5 or 6 wins right now with a better coach.

The hiding the offense in the preseason cost us the Lions/Ravens games imo.

Last two weeks just some poor management. (Now I think he did well today, but this is an AWFUL defense)

We had 10 days off and didn't look prepared for the majority of the 1st half.

I like Kliff and believe he'll be good...in time. Just seems like he needed a year or two in the NFL already (as an OC)

He needs a strong assistant coach next year. Someone that can help with game management and that can speak to the defense.

If we ran Kyler more I think we'd have 5 wins right now...maybe more.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Kliff, but can't shake the feeling that we'd have 5 or 6 wins right now with a better coach.

The hiding the offense in the preseason cost us the Lions/Ravens games imo.

Last two weeks just some poor management. (Now I think he did well today, but this is an AWFUL defense)

We had 10 days off and didn't look prepared for the majority of the 1st half.

I like Kliff and believe he'll be good...in time. Just seems like he needed a year or two in the NFL already (as an OC)

He needs a strong assistant coach next year. Someone that can help with game management and that can speak to the defense.

If we ran Kyler more I think we'd have 5 wins right now...maybe more.
What rookie HC would have us at 5-6 wins right now?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not saying it’s a bad loss because it impacts our ability to make the playoffs. I’m not delusional. It’s a bad loss bc it shows a repeating pattern of our coach not improving in a crucial element of head coaching.

I understand, but he is a rookie NFL coach some leeway must be given for him to grow as well. He looks better than the first game and this game hand a lot of iffy BS calls that kinda everyone into to a what the hell is going on sort of mind set. Definitely needs to work on clock management and playcalling in certain situations but that’s how you grow a young coach that could be with the club for years, have to have a little patience imo.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody is really talking about this but in retrospect BA is full of CRAP. His I need to take a break from football blah blah blah...health blah blah blah. Yes, I know he had some health scares but one year later he was back in action. I have no doubt health was a factor but it wasn't the only factor.

TB and him are at it again with Tampa. BA was the most winning coach we have ever had. If that doesn't raise some MAJOR red flags in terms of the FO of this organization people are asleep at the wheel.

Have no clue if that is all about Keim or not but I could buy the argument it is.

I don't agree KK is a total loss. Honestly, I have seen him get incrementally better since the start of the season. His DC is soooooooooo bad. That is where we need a change ASAP.

Last edited:

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The exaggeration of some on this board is amazing. Guy has never been a good HC at any level and has been mediocre here so why does this guy get so much leeway. KK is not the best thing that has ever happened to the cardinals lol. Were any of you guys fans in 08 or the Palmer days? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The exaggeration of some on this board is amazing. Guy has never been a good HC at any level and has been mediocre here so why does this guy get so much leeway. KK is not the best thing that has ever happened to the cardinals lol. Were any of you guys fans in 08 or the Palmer days? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah yeah... you keep fist pumping with Arians and his Buc buc bucanners lol

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This thread wasn’t meant to be pro arians in any way shape or form. It’s about KK stagnating in his growth as a coach.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
what i would like to know the explanation for:

1. with the clock stopped and an injury to Gunter, why did the Cards have to use a timeout?

2. Draw play. Maybe with the 2nd timeout, but ugh.

3. K1 has to learn that time is more important than 3 yards -- if nobody is open, throw it at Drakes feet

4. What was up with the time on calling the play after that? So odd that when not in 2 minute, they can run really fast, but at that moment....? took forever.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I really struggle to see how people are critical of Kingsbury today and are not equally critical of Murray. They are an extension of each other. How do you blame the HC for the 2 min offense when 2 min offenses are called by the QB on the field? Murray was struggling with that which is what burned so much time.

I am ok with this...not being a hater, but this criticism doesn't make sense.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really struggle to see how people are critical of Kingsbury today and are not equally critical of Murray. They are an extension of each other. How do you blame the HC for the 2 min offense when 2 min offenses are called by the QB on the field? Murray was struggling with that which is what burned so much time.

I am ok with this...not being a hater, but this criticism doesn't make sense.
I can’t even blame either of them today, really.

Maxx’s drop.
David s fumble.
Sherfield’s slip.

All 3 out of their control.

You can blame Kliff for the Saints game.

You can blame Kyler for the Seahawks game.

This game? Nah, I can’t do it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave