Kings @ Suns Tuesday game thread 2-14-2023 (Valentine's Day)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brutal loss for the Kings.

Trying to establish themselves as a favorite for a top seed and we take them to the woodshed... without Durant.

In the building, this game never felt scary. You could feel that the Suns were the better team, you could feel that the Kings could feel they were out matched.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okogie is making it hard not to start him. Maybe he should just wear that mask for the rest of his career.

This team is still quite deep. Where does JJ get these guys?

The sum of the parts can be greater than a great part. Which is why I’m opposed to bringing in another guard over guys like Okogie, Lee and don’t forget we have Payne. Payne has to be on the outside looking in right now. Shamet too.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The sum of the parts can be greater than a great part. Which is why I’m opposed to bringing in another guard over guys like Okogie, Lee and don’t forget we have Payne. Payne has to be on the outside looking in right now. Shamet too.
I agree. The depth is there already.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What a great game from Ayton. High energy throughout. I am afraid to let myself begin to think that the switch is finally flipped . . . but it very well could be.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Great to see book get 32 in 29. Okogie energy out there was a tremendous difference maker. Paul had such control it was shocking to see he had 19 assists - effortless.

Only bummers: Craig has looked off lately and it continued. Damion can’t hit the broad side of a barn from 3. Really weird. But he’s countering with the drive and dish. And ish just couldn’t drop one in the ocean.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Great to see book get 32 in 29. Okogie energy out there was a tremendous difference maker. Paul had such control it was shocking to see he had 19 assists - effortless.

Only bummers: Craig has looked off lately and it continued. Damion can’t hit the broad side of a barn from 3. Really weird. But he’s countering with the drive and dish. And ish just couldn’t drop one in the ocean.
The 3s have been off for the the whole team for awhile already, but particularly for Damion it's inexplicable. Craig's offensive moves seem just like lottery, Damion's drives are a little better, but both are ineffetive, compared to Okogie, and will rank also behind Warren and Ross once they get acclimated.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton's level of engagement was superb. He was all in on both ends from beginning to end.

Sabonis may have gotten his own statistically but Ayton destroyed him 1 on 1. He seemingly scored at will.

Ayton with a +21 second only to Booker's +22, and Sabonis had a King's worst -19.

I'd love to see them in the playoffs. That team is soft enough for a cartoon bear's butt.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Amazing gms by dbook and da :)

At gf for vday so couldn't watch gm but great to see a dub!!

Hope all having fun vday

420 orange cream kush when I get home to victory!

First it was the Alien one now Orange cream.. I thought there was just one flavor not an assortment. I am old and sheltered I guess..

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the Suns having three players in the star category (Booker, Paul and Durant), it elevates Ayton's game much into the same category. I don't think opponents can guard him one-on-one.

It's important for the Suns to find that fifth starter they cannot ignore.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
YAAAAASSSSSSSS
Our best hope is for his good streaks to increase in frequency and length, and his disinterested streaks to be shorter and further between. Seem to me that it does have something to do with DA getting fed the ball on a regular basis.

Or maybe its the weed.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns are now 32-27. At this point last year they were 49-10. The best record in the NBA right now is 41-17.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's important for the Suns to find that fifth starter they cannot ignore.

Are you talking about externally or guys we have on the team right now? This year?

Is there anything we can do this year? Are there buyout guys who can be that fifth starter?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Ayton's level of engagement was superb. He was all in on both ends from beginning to end.

Sabonis may have gotten his own statistically but Ayton destroyed him 1 on 1. He seemingly scored at will.

Ayton with a +21 second only to Booker's +22, and Sabonis had a King's worst -19.

I'd love to see them in the playoffs. That team is soft enough for a cartoon bear's butt.
Member all the people on the board who wanted to trade Ayton for Sabonis? lol.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Amazing gms by dbook and da :)

At gf for vday so couldn't watch gm but great to see a dub!!

Hope all having fun vday

420 orange cream kush when I get home to victory!
Easy solution...make her a Suns fan!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose