King's #5 & #10 for Fox?

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rumor has it today that that the Kings are "infatuated" with Fox and are willing to deal #5 and #10. It's interesting because one way or another this affects the Suns. If Philly deals the pick and Fox is selected then Jackson falls in our laps OR the suns deal #4 for #5 & #10.

I'd be interested in getting two top 10 picks for our #4...just sayin' :thumbup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Jackson is still on the board at number four then I'd keep the pick otherwise I'd be inclined to deal.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It would be hard to imagine a team giving up the #10 pick in a good draft to move up one spot, but if there's a team that would do it...it would probably be the Kings.

The funny thing is that they would be picking at #3 if they hadn't made that horrific trade with Philly.

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It would be hard to imagine a team giving up the #10 pick in a good draft to move up one spot, but if there's a team that would do it...it would probably be the Kings.

You can't think of it as just "one spot" because it's either the player you want is there or he isn't. If the Kings don't trade up then we probably would take Fox (if Ball & Jackson are gone) then the Kings are SOL.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You can't think of it as just "one spot" because it's either the player you want is there or he isn't. If the Kings don't trade up then we probably would take Fox (if Ball & Jackson are gone) then the Kings are SOL.
This is very true. If jackson or ball falls to us you take him. If not, I have no problem trading the 4 for 5 and 10. Maybe we end up with Tatum and smith and can still trade Bledsoe for more. That would a FANTASTIC consolation for not getting fultz/ball/Jackson.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This isn't very true. If jackson or ball falls to us you take him. If not, I have no problem trading the 4 for 5 and 10. Maybe we end up with Tatum and smith and can still trade Bledsoe for more. That would a FANTASTIC consolation for not getting fultz/ball/Jackson.

What's not true? I already said take Jackson or Ball if they are available but there is a 'decent' chance they wont be so that leaves us Fox who the Kings supposedly want but the suns don't necessarily need.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What's not true? I already said take Jackson or Ball if they are available but there is a 'decent' chance they wont be so that leaves us Fox who the Kings supposedly want but the suns don't necessarily need.
Typo. I meant "this is very true"

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Jackson is still on the board at number four then I'd keep the pick otherwise I'd be inclined to deal.

If this happens I still make the trade at that point knowing that they want Fox. Pick him at 5 and take a flyer on a big at 10 maybe?

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

The funny thing is that they would be picking at #3 if they hadn't made that horrific trade with Philly.

Hell knowing the kings , they might even take knights contract in the deal! Lol

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd trade the number 4 pick for picks #5 and #10 providing the Suns are not locked onto a particular player like Jackson. Of course if Jackson is their man, the Suns stay put.

The Suns would probably draft Tatum and a center prospect. It could be an awesome draft.

The Kings undoubtedly would like a PG at #4, probably Fox.

Lots of options which I really like.

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd trade the number 4 pick for picks #5 and #10 providing the Suns are not locked onto a particular player like Jackson. Of course if Jackson is their man, the Suns stay put.

The Suns would probably draft Tatum and a center prospect. It could be an awesome draft.

The Kings undoubtedly would like a PG at #4, probably Fox.

Lots of options which I really like.

#4 pick is shaping up nicely. Great possible trade options or we are guaranteed Ball/Fox/Jackson. Not bad at all.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might take that deal if it's conditional. If the player the Suns want is available at that slot? Hell yes. I let them trade up one spot and get the additional top 10 pick. It's a no-brainer IMO.

If there guy is off the board I guess that is still OK. The thought would be to get two chances for diamond in the rough in the top 10.

P.S. This also assumes FOX isn't the Suns guy.

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hope Fox is not who PHX is locked in one. If he can't fix his shot then he's damaged goods. I would much rather have Tatum & Collins if SAC is seriously considering moving up.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rumor has it today that that the Kings are "infatuated" with Fox and are willing to deal #5 and #10. It's interesting because one way or another this affects the Suns. If Philly deals the pick and Fox is selected then Jackson falls in our laps OR the suns deal #4 for #5 & #10.

I'd be interested in getting two top 10 picks for our #4...just sayin' :thumbup:
It really depends on who we want.

Fultz to Boston
Ball to Lakers
??? to Philly--if they go Monk, everything opens up
Fox to Sacramento
Jackson or Tatum to Suns--If we want Tatum as much as Fox or Monk, then this really makes sense.

The only way to do it is to see who is actually on the board at the time. The key is Philly.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Jackson is on the board at four, I tell them I swap only if we are picking Fox for them. If not, no deal.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even if Fox is who the Suns like they need to weigh things out. Do they like him enough to give up the shot at 2 lottery picks, including 1 pick that is just 1 spot lower.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Jackson is on the board at four, I tell them I swap only if we are picking Fox for them. If not, no deal.

That doesn't really make sense, so we take Jackson at #4 and they get Fox, who they wanted anyways at #5. Making that ultimatum would kill the trade value.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the biggest issue is that if Sacramento is willing to give up #5 and #10, one would assume the the 76ers would be all over that trade first.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns draft Fox at#4, look for a trade-down. I like him a lot but the Suns seem happy with their PGs.

However, as BPA, Fox fits.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That doesn't really make sense, so we take Jackson at #4 and they get Fox, who they wanted anyways at #5. Making that ultimatum would kill the trade value.

Can't you draft Fox at 4 and immediately trade him for 4 and 10? That happens all of the time in the NBA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't you draft Fox at 4 and immediately trade him for 4 and 10? That happens all of the time in the NBA.

This is correct. This is an example of a trade-down scenario except the Kings own #5 and #10. The Suns could draft Fox for the Kings at #4 and immediately trade his draft rights to them for #5 and #10.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the biggest issue is that if Sacramento is willing to give up #5 and #10, one would assume the the 76ers would be all over that trade first.

I guess it depends if the 76ers can get their man at #3 and he would not be there later. The same with the Suns if they can get the player they want at #4.

Trade-downs are only good if there are several players graded equally a team would be happy with drafting later.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess it depends if the 76ers can get their man at #3 and he would not be there later. The same with the Suns if they can get the player they want at #4.

Trade-downs are only good if there are several players graded equally a team would be happy with drafting later.
Who is PHI's man? They just came out and said they plan on starting Simmons at PG so they should have their choice of a wing (Jackson /Tatum).

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams move up one all the time. They do it because they know the pick itself is on the trading block and they don't want another team to trade ahead of them.