Kevin Kolb is the starter PERIOD!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I wanted Kolb all along; IMO if Skelton doesn't get hurt against the Suckhawks we wouldn't be 3-0 right now.

Kolb can actually thread the needle and make touch passes, something Skelton can't do.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No doubt he has taken his opportunity and ran with it, IMO he is the starter and Skelton IS the backup period!

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
This was a great character building exercise for Kolb. Any pressure that he feels from this point forward will be put in perspective

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I wanted Kolb all along; IMO if Skelton doesn't get hurt against the Suckhawks we wouldn't be 3-0 right now.

Kolb can actually thread the needle and make touch passes, something Skelton can't do.

Like we didn't come from behind to win any games last season with Skelton at QB. :bang:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Like we didn't come from behind to win any games last season with Skelton at QB. :bang:

Skelton also couldn't post higher than a 70 QB Rating for the season!

He also threw more INTs than TDs.

The big knock on Kolb was his pocket presence, and now that it seems that he has worked on it and seems more comfortable it shouldn't even be a question who is better in my mind.

If Kolb keeps playing this way, then we won't have to look for a QB in the first round and instead can draft a OLB or OT.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The big knock on Kolb was his pocket presence, and now that it seems that he has worked on it and seems more comfortable it shouldn't even be a question who is better in my mind.
Agreed. I'm one who thi=ought this was a big enough problem--and so ingrained--that Skelton was the only option. I was wrong. Seems to have been much imporved, so much so that there's no reason to go to Skelton.

If Kolb keeps playing this way, then we won't have to look for a QB in the first round and instead can draft a OLB or OT.
I think it depends on who is there in the first. I still think Kolb's ceiling is pretty low--he's gone from useless to servicable in short order, but I don't think we should confuse that with QBoF material. I wouldn't rule out looking for a QB that can be a star in the league.

JMHO

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think it depends on who is there in the first. I still think Kolb's ceiling is pretty low--he's gone from useless to servicable in short order, but I don't think we should confuse that with QBoF material. I wouldn't rule out looking for a QB that can be a star in the league.

JMHO

You're probably right on the money here; too often we've ended the season with a solid or serviceable QB and passed on using our 1st rounder on a potential stud like a Josh Freeman or Joe Flacco.

Maybe the new Cardinals will buck that trend and roll the dice on Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson?