Kerry Rhodes still unemployed?

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A good question but not all that simple to answer - there are lots of moving parts.

Kerry comes across as a well-groomed, physically well-put-together athlete whom I believe has pursued an acting career. Does that make him gay? Not necessarily. Is he gay? (Purported does not necessarily mean "is"). I have no idea whether he is or isn't. (Nor do I care - all I want to know is "can he still play football and help us?"). Incidentally, who's doing the purporting?

Or...Was he cut for some other plausible reason - like (a) age, (b) football skills or lack thereof, (c) fit within the new system, (d) supply and demand, (e) money and/or (f) negotiating obnoxiousness?

Relying on D Urban's reporting, his Tweets etc., I'd guess that Kerry's off-season "body language" signaled that, for whatever reason, he didn't want to return to the Cardinals.

It could be as simple as that.

And most likely is.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Why are you 'Outing' Kerry Rhodes?

He never said he was gay and until he does its a non issue.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
so if he comes out on his own ....THEN it is an issue??

Of course its an issue..

You dont think there would be a media circus around it?

Not syaing its right, just saying, yes its an issue

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Of course its an issue..

You dont think there would be a media circus around it?

Not syaing its right, just saying, yes its an issue

funny how so much irrelevant **** gets blown out of proportion like it's something.....aint it?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If there is some sort of media circus involving him in the future, I just hope that it happens elsewhere. I also don't anticipate him playing on the same team as Darnell Dockett ever again; so that should rule out the Cards

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I also don't anticipate him playing on the same team as Darnell Dockett ever again; so that should rule out the Cards

I totally believe it came down to Rhodes or Dockett and the team chose Nine 0.

egomaniac247

Veteran
Reaction score
If you have seen those pics of Kerry and his ex boyfriend (who released the pics), you'd have no doubts. At the least he is bi-sexual.

I'm pretty shocked that the media hasn't made a bigger deal out of it.

Personally I wish he was still on the team. He was always good for 7-8 INT's a year.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who cares if he is gay or bisexual? I find it hard to believe that's why he isn't signed anywhere yet. I'm sure the market just isn't bearing the price he wants yet, so he will sit tight until camps and preseason drive the demand up.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who cares if he is gay or bisexual? I find it hard to believe that's why he isn't signed anywhere yet. I'm sure the market just isn't bearing the price he wants yet, so he will sit tight until camps and preseason drive the demand up.

I agree with you in that I don't care if he's gay or bisexual. I don't know that the avg NFL player is capable of looking past this. Gay's are still fighting to have the right to be "legally" married so there is still a large portion of our society that considers homosexuality a sin and gays a lower form of life.

Think back to Rex Ryan calling Rhodes out in his book. I forget his exact comments but was he really saying we don't want of need a Gay player on my team.

I was and still am bummed that Rhodes and the Cards couldn't work out a deal for him to stay here. Best over all Safety we have in many years.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still cant find a job.

Wish we'd kept him. Our safeties all look horrible.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was more thinking of the Bell, Powers, Taylor poo poo platter. I'm still high on Tyrann but I dont expect them to use him conventionally.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, from the looks of it, Rhodes hasn't even gotten a SNIFF from ANYONE. Do we all really believe he isn't good enough to play in the NFL anymore?

sorry, but that just doesn't smell right at all.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until someone signs him I'm going to assume he's unemployed because of the he's gay rumors.

If it is because of Dockett shame on him and shame on the Cards for siding with him. Dockett was 100% wrong on that play, the only chance the Cards had to get the ball back was let Greene score. Greene figured it out and slid down, and even after the game and the fine, Dockett's apology made it totally clear he didn't get why the coaches wanted to let the Jets score.

My suspicion is the Cards did it for the same reason he's unsigned now, and that's just sad.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
powers is a corner

Oops, should have said Johnson. My mistake. All of the stinking secondary players have become a blur of penalties and blown coverages.

Until someone signs him I'm going to assume he's unemployed because of the he's gay rumors.

If it is because of Dockett shame on him and shame on the Cards for siding with him. Dockett was 100% wrong on that play, the only chance the Cards had to get the ball back was let Greene score. Greene figured it out and slid down, and even after the game and the fine, Dockett's apology made it totally clear he didn't get why the coaches wanted to let the Jets score.

My suspicion is the Cards did it for the same reason he's unsigned now, and that's just sad.

Agreed.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LOL

So Dockett gets in an arguement with the guy over not wanting to let the other team score and now noone will hire the guy and its somehow Docketts fault? lmao!

His apology made it clear that he has a hard time with "let them score" is all he made clear. I respect his pride. Our offense couldnt gain a yard, let alone score in 2 minutes after we let the other team score.

First you said its because hes gay, then you said its because Dockett.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If he's gay do you actually think that this just came out in the last 6, 7 months?

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully the system works. I remember during the first few months of Horton running the D how putrid everything looked, many fans (including me) felt Horton was a dud, but eventually guys figured things out, learned the system and our D was awesome.

Hopefully that happens again. But I just dont see the talent in this patchwork secondary. And to be fair to Horton, it was the lockout season when the D was so awful at the start.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the system works. I remember during the first few months of Horton running the D how putrid everything looked, many fans (including me) felt Horton was a dud, but eventually guys figured things out, learned the system and our D was awesome.

Hopefully that happens again. But I just dont see the talent in this patchwork secondary. And to be fair to Horton, it was the lockout season when the D was so awful at the start.

I have little faith in a repeat but we shall see.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison