joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
listen! now!

He pretty much just said they are trading him. "Its a business decision"

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, Kerr is getting close to Jordan status in the horrible GM club.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Man, Kerr is getting close to Jordan status in the horrible GM club.

He's the new Kevin McHale

Sadly for him though McHale and Jordan were at least great at being players.

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
Like him or not, shedding salary to get under the luxury tax isn't a decision Kerr makes. Sarver makes the business decisions.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Interesting, people hear what they want to hear.

Kerr: "It (trading Amare) is not a foregone conclusion by any means"

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
it's sounds a lot more like he's for Amare being traded rather than not.

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
if Amare is traded in a bad deal, I am prob done with the Suns, I can only take so much heartbreak in a lifetime

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I second that. I think I'll stop watching basketball if we get squat back for Amare.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I second that. I think I'll stop watching basketball if we get squat back for Amare.

The same here. The key is getting fair value in return. I don't think Amare plans to stay with the Suns but the Suns cannot give him away or let him walk.

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
The same here. The key is getting fair value in return. I don't think Amare plans to stay with the Suns but the Suns cannot give him away or let him walk.

I'm Another member of the club that will be done with the Suns if Amare gets traded for cap relief and not young players to build around.

We have ruined any shot at a championship over the last few years with our penny pinching moves. Enough is enough.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be a fan of whichever team Amare goes to. More than likely both teams (Suns and Amare's team) will be rebuilding, maybe not. But I've watched Amare since the day he arrived to the Suns and I will not stop watching my favorite player, the Suns management led me to feeling ok if my favorite player leaves my favorite team.

OP
OP
J

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Interesting, people hear what they want to hear.

Kerr: "It (trading Amare) is not a foregone conclusion by any means"

I tuned in on the last half of the last amare question so i didnt hear that but it sure sounded to me like had his bags packed for him. everything i heard was basically about how hard porters and kerrs job are.

nowagimp

Reaction score
I'll be a fan of whichever team Amare goes to. More than likely both teams (Suns and Amare's team) will be rebuilding, maybe not. But I've watched Amare since the day he arrived to the Suns and I will not stop watching my favorite player, the Suns management led me to feeling ok if my favorite player leaves my favorite team.

Funny, I started as a suns fan from the philadelphia area as a result of the barkley trade, then moved to phx 11 years ago. Now I am in the same boat as you. I will cheer for amare and watch his team whenever possible. I am done with the suns if they make this trade and trash the team. I'll come back when sarver is gone as owner and they have management that knows how to assemble talent and at least compete. Those aspects have gone downhill since they got rid of BC. they are now paying Porter around 3x what they paid BC, now thats just dumb, not fiscally responsible. It all started by trying to cheap it with JJ(wouldn't extend him at 50/6 the year before he went RFA), but sarvers infuence in trashing this team goes back even further to selling the #7 pick in '04 for 5M. That move was required to get the sarver group to buy. So you could say they been dumping salary and picks for 5 years.

Last edited:

scotsman13

Reaction score
two years ago i emails the sun team that i wouldnt be spending any money on the team after the the sold the draft picks agian. i didnt spend .01 for any games that season, no nba season package, no new shirts or hats, no going to games and you know what? at first it hurt that wasnt watching my team, but as time went by i found that i cared less and less about it. so far this season i have again found that there really isnt a reason to watch this team. i followed the team through the 29 win season and had something to look forward to. the players got out there and played hard and manage care about putting out a product that fans would be happy about. so far this season i havent seen it from the team or kerr/server/porter. so let them keep cutting back and let them turn the team into another clippers it doesnt matter any more because i wont be there to watch or spend my money on them.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Wow...I guess I'm surprised at some of these responses. I'll always be a Suns fan first, and though it will be hard to deal with Sarver as owner, I'll always support the team. I'm not going to let a cheap ass owner keep me from following my favorite valley sports team. They're too big a part of my life.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
if Amare is traded in a bad deal, I am prob done with the Suns, I can only take so much heartbreak in a lifetime

I've felt this way going into the season, and have lost a lot of interest in the team. Even if we make a trade, we aren't going to win it all this year, or for the foreseeable future.

Who would we get back in a trade that would help us this year?

One the bright side, Amare's knees could go out soon and any trade would look like a winner.

OP
OP
J

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow...I guess I'm surprised at some of these responses. I'll always be a Suns fan first, and though it will be hard to deal with Sarver as owner, I'll always support the team. I'm not going to let a cheap ass owner keep me from following my favorite valley sports team. They're too big a part of my life.

Rab, I agree with you, I HATE FAIRWEATHER FANS. no matter what. Sarver will eventually sell this team... he cares too much about the bottom dollar to keep it for longer than another 5 years... in fact, if/when nash leaves our fans will REALLY stop coming out..that could be about the time he gives it up.

I think the big difference for some of our fans is to stop going to games, stop buying suns merch. Hit sarver where he cares the most. But never stop loving the suns, thats just stupid to say.

someone mentioned watching the 29 win season... i remember that also, i truly enjoyed watching that team play. but this time around, there wont be any barbosas, or joe johnsons to watch blossom. Everything about the suns just feels tainted because of sarver.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i won't spend anymore money on the suns product as long as sarver owns the team if he constructs yet another failure here. it's just too much. especially for a fan of a team that has been unbelievably classy and always strove to win for decades. i've already started turning off games b/c i can't stand the product sarver has created. and that's just incredible from me (hell, i watch televised high school basketball games!)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
There's only a few guys I would be happy in a trade for Amare and we aren't getting any of them. Might as well keep Amare. Just trade or draft a guy to make up for Amare's weaknesses. The guy doesn't have to score with Amare around. Just rebound and play defense!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
i won't spend anymore money on the suns product as long as sarver owns the team if he constructs yet another failure here. it's just too much. especially for a fan of a team that has been unbelievably classy and always strove to win for decades. i've already started turning off games b/c i can't stand the product sarver has created. and that's just incredible from me (hell, i watch televised high school basketball games!)

I watch the WNBA, and I am appalled at the way the Suns are playing. I think we have some great pieces, but are using them to the worst possible effect!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson