Kerouac9: Best writer on the Cardinals

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Better than Bickley, Urban, Somers, Wolfley, Catmitch, Sando, Tango, anyone, hands down.
What say you? Who's a must-read? There's plenty of great posters who have the time and the talent (I have neither), but not really any that are any better at covering our own crap football team year after year.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read almost all of his stuff even though there's a lot I don't understand. I started a thread like this last year and was laughed at and told it would be the shortest thread EVER. I was giving props to him, Rugby and HarleyRider..eerrr Chopper, Cardiac for the great work they do analyzing the draft.

This shouldn't be the shortest thread ever because you got at least one response.

Go Cards!!

Edit to add, I have a soft spot in my heart for his name as I dated Jack Kerouac's daughter, Jan (RIP) for a year or so in Santa Fe in the early 70's..... Good times.

Don't mean to go completely maudlin here, but here is a pic from back in the day.

Attachments

• JanKerouacFrontCover_lg.jpg
    JanKerouacFrontCover_lg.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Agreed, even when he is hating on Keim, that just counters some of the kool-aid for me. We're going to the Superbowl anyways, so he can hate a little.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer Chopper simply because he knows his stuff, is incredibly objective and rarely has even a hint of snark to his posts. K9's incredibly knowledgeable as well, but he's a little too salty, even for my relatively salty tastes and loathe to admit he's ever been wrong about anything...which is usually amusing to watch when he's called on it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

As if his head couldn't get any bigger?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is obviously trolling taken to a slightly more creative level than usual. Or, Section 11 just ate the worm and feelings deep inside of him, that he never KNEW were there, came out and he had to shout it to the world.

Re-reading it, the addition of Tango to the list is what makes me suspicious about the sincerity. I apologize if I'm wrong Section 11.

Although, Tango's goodbye letter to Jake Plummer, to this day, is hands down the hardest I've ever laughed at anything on the internet. That post, and the responses it generated, could not have been topped by the world's greatest comedians.

Last edited:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better than Bickley, Urban, Somers, Wolfley, Catmitch, Sando, Tango, anyone, hands down.
What say you? Who's a must-read? There's plenty of great posters who have the time and the talent (I have neither), but not really any that are any better at covering our own crap football team year after year.

Brighteyes.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I prefer Chopper simply because he knows his stuff, is incredibly objective and rarely has even a hint of snark to his posts. K9's incredibly knowledgeable as well, but he's a little too salty, even for my relatively salty tastes and loathe to admit he's ever been wrong about anything...which is usually amusing to watch when he's called on it.

I enjoy Chopper as well and actually get amused at some of K9's snarkiness.

K9, Chopper and you help keep my homerism in check.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I read almost all of his stuff even though there's a lot I don't understand. I started a thread like this last year and was laughed at and told it would be the shortest thread EVER. I was giving props to him, Rugby and HarleyRider..eerrr Chopper, Cardiac for the great work they do analyzing the draft.

This shouldn't be the shortest thread ever because you got at least one response.

Go Cards!!

While I appreciate the mention I can't allow myself to be included as a draft analyzer. Mitch and Chopper do a ton of film review and are outstanding talent evaluators. I know I'm forgetting a couple of others but those two do outstanding work. Rugby puts out a ton of good stuff as well.

Me, I just read a lot and mostly go into the draft philosophy.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this was referring to K9's hassling Urban and Somers on twitter about only covering what the Cardinals tell them to cover.

Don't miss Somers' coverage of the weather in Tampa or Bruce Cooper saying the Cardinals should get Josh Freeman.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Loved Brighteyes writing but she and Ian almost never visit anymore.

Me too but she wrote mostly human interest stories while K9 and Mitch and others write about the actual play etc.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I thought this was referring to K9's hassling Urban and Somers on twitter about only covering what the Cardinals tell them to cover.

Don't miss Somers' coverage of the weather in Tampa or Bruce Cooper saying the Cardinals should get Josh Freeman.

For the 1,898,376th time I'll say the Arizona media is the worst at covering an NFL team. We get more in depth coverage of the Cowboys here in Austin than what they get on the Cardinals in Phoenix.

It all went downhill when the Bidwills bought off Urban because while with the Valley Tribune he was doing too good a job covering the Cards being unbiased and not pulling any punches. :p

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I miss the film breakdowns K9 used to do... favorite part of the site early last season when he was doing it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooh good one. I miss those two

I feel like Catfish is the combination of the two...waxing poetic about the Cards with the "Cards can never do any wrong"...I guess...optimism...that Nidan brought to the board.

seesred

Reaction score
There are us Cardinals fans that come to see whats new and sometime add an opinion or two. Sometimes we fight for what we believe about the team. But, most of all we read the great posters who analyze and can write their thoughts in a way we can read and think. K9 is one of the fans we come to read. Mitch is another. There are many more and thanks to you all.

As a long time member of this great sight for me, is't where I can found out about my favorite team good or bad. As an older guy who had gone to all the games since 88 and now can't go you keep me going.

GBR

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
There are us Cardinals fans that come to see whats new and sometime add an opinion or two. Sometimes we fight for what we believe about the team. But, most of all we read the great posters who analyze and can write their thoughts in a way we can read and think. K9 is one of the fans we come to read. Mitch is another. There are many more and thanks to you all.

As a long time member of this great sight for me, is't where I can found out about my favorite team good or bad. As an older guy who had gone to all the games since 88 and now can't go you keep me going.

GBR

Do you still wear that bird on your head? Has to be worn out by now. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard