Kelly Oubre...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's going to have to lead a group and scrape together $1.625 billion. Fitz has a net worth of $50 million which is poor by NBA player standards. Gordon Hayward will make more than that in 2 years. I'd imagine if he was going to lead a group to buy the Suns, he'd have to come to the table with more than he is capable of putting together.

Correct he would be part of an ownership group but he is already a minority owner and there have been discussions that he wants to be the top guy after his career is over

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Let me add on to JCSunsfan comments.

The comments below explains a lot about Oubre's comments regarding Robert Sarver in post #727.

By Nick Friedell ESPN Staff Writer:

Oubre, who appeared in a recent promotional picture for the Suns as they showcased this season's City Edition jersey, said he did not get to keep his jersey, as the organization traded him for veteran Chris Paul soon thereafter.

"Of course not -- they didn't let me keep that, man," Oubre said. "It had my last name on it, but I think they're going to take the stitching out and give it to CP3."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...y-owner-joe-lacob-actually-cares-organization

Suns have a serious public relations problem with how they treat players on the way out the door. It doesn't help the Suns attract the better players.

I'm guessing Oubre's involvement in the formation of the Valley Boyz played a role in the idea behind the jersey.

He sounds salty to me.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He sounds salty to me.

I'm thinking hurt might be a better word.

Oubre embraced the Suns upon his arrival in Phoenix and he had a vision of something much larger as envisioned in the formation of the Valley Boyz.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Correct he would be part of an ownership group but he is already a minority owner and there have been discussions that he wants to be the top guy after his career is over

I was surprised to learn that Sarver only has a 18% stake in the Suns so he doesn't have a bullet proof majority stake. That said he likely has the largest stake and is the managing partner. The other owners are probably all of his investment buds and have seen their investment quadruple in value since their purchase 16 years ago.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was surprised to learn that Sarver only has a 18% stake in the Suns so he doesn't have a bullet proof majority stake. That said he likely has the largest stake and is the managing partner. The other owners are probably all of his investment buds and have seen their investment quadruple in value since their purchase 16 years ago.

You don't have to be the top investor to be the managing partner.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm thinking hurt might be a better word.

Oubre embraced the Suns upon his arrival in Phoenix and he had a vision of something much larger as envisioned in the formation of the Valley Boyz.
But the writing has been on the wall for MONTHS. If he didn't recognize the state of the league and the team in regards to his contract and his position, then that's on him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But the writing has been on the wall for MONTHS. If he didn't recognize the state of the league and the team in regards to his contract and his position, then that's on him.

Suns need to get away from they should know better concept and strive for better communication with players especially when they are traded. This is no longer the Ryan McDonough era.

Monty does a great job communicating with players. It shouldn't be hard to carry this attitude over to the entire organization. That's what the better teams do.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns need to get away from they should know better concept and strive for better communication with players especially when they are traded. This is no longer the Ryan McDonough era.

Monty does a great job communicating with players. It shouldn't be hard to carry this attitude over to the entire organization. That's what the better teams do.

In today's media environment it's nearly impossible to inform players they've been traded before it's leaked to Woj or Shams.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In today's media environment it's nearly impossible to inform players they've been traded before it's leaked to Woj or Shams.

Yes, I even mentioned that earlier. Sometimes the information gets leaked before the trade is official.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitz isn’t what we need

We need a young billionaire who was raised here or has connections here to the Valley

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is a pattern here. The Suns tend to play hardball on their restricted free agents. Then those guys get offended and it comes out later.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@TJ

I believe TJ mentioned an Arizona alum one time that might be an option. IIRC, the name was Moreno.

Artie Moreno, owns the Angels. But I'm not sure I'd rush to bring in an owner that is so outspokenly supportive of the soon to be former president.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why in the world should that matter?

I don't want to turn this thread political but whether Donald is racist or not, he's clearly perceived that way by most of the NBA. I don't know how much of an issue it would be but for example, the Houston owner is also a Trump supporter and that, reportedly, has a lot to do with Harden's desire to get out of town.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Artie isn’t young either. There aren’t a ton of young billionaires.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Artie Moreno, owns the Angels. But I'm not sure I'd rush to bring in an owner that is so outspokenly supportive of the soon to be former president.

I was simply mentioning the name of someone I heard who had the ability to buy the Suns.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose