Keim - Regrets not Drafting Wilson - Redemption?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You sure about that?

~Both were DT-QBs in college

~Both QBs had completion %s of 66% or more for their college careers (though Tebow did it starting three full seasons to Murray's one)

~Both won the Heisman after having amassed 50+ total TDs for the season (Tebow 55 TDs, Murray 54 TDs)

~Both entered the combine with significant red flags (Tebow with mechanics, Murray with physical size and stature)

~WILD CARD - both have a baseball background.

Might as well compare him to Cam Newton. :lol:

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
//Murray with physical size and stature//

Murray's measurements at the combine did nothing but improve his stock, benefits the Cardinals either way.

Last edited:

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I mean, none of us know if Josh is going to turn out to be a quality NFL QB or not, or if Murray is. Its a risk, either way, if SK feels like Murray is capable of being better than Rosen to lead this franchise for the next decade +, he has to roll the dice. Its two ways, if Keim passes on Murray and goes with Rosen, and Murray ends up being amazing, the regret is going to be insane (don't forget SK regrets moving on RW). And if we draft Murray, trade Rosen and Rosen ends up being a stud while Murray struggles, it would set this franchise back quite a bit. I do believe the front office is going to evaluate drafting Kyler Murray at number 1; they will do their due diligence.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I mean, none of us know if Josh is going to turn out to be a quality NFL QB or not, or if Murray is. Its a risk, either way, if SK feels like Murray is capable of being better than Rosen to lead this franchise for the next decade +, he has to roll the dice. Its two ways, if Keim passes on Murray and goes with Rosen, and Murray ends up being amazing, the regret is going to be insane (don't forget SK regrets moving on RW). And if we draft Murray, trade Rosen and Rosen ends up being a stud while Murray struggles, it would set this franchise back quite a bit. I do believe the front office is going to evaluate drafting Kyler Murray at number 1; they will do their due diligence.

It doesn’t seem as if it’s just posturing at this point. It’s going to explode after his pro day

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

About the different scenarios, Rosen didnt show much in college and hus 1st year as a pro was forgettable at best
From a statistical standpoint has more chance to fail
At today he has never been good enough

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
About the different scenarios, Rosen didnt show much in college and hus 1st year as a pro was forgettable at best
From a statistical standpoint has more chance to fail
At today he has never been good enough

There's a reason the experts and credible scouts don't judge purely off statistics. There's so much more that goes into it. And while your talking statistics, statistically speaking Murray is at a much higher chance of busting. There is one guy with his stature and skill set that has ever been successful. And Russell Wilson is significantly bigger than Murray. In the entire history of the NFL.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's a reason the experts and credible scouts don't judge purely off statistics. There's so much more that goes into it. And while your talking statistics, statistically speaking Murray is at a much higher chance of busting. There is one guy with his stature and skill set that has ever been successful. And Russell Wilson is significantly bigger than Murray. In the entire history of the NFL

Half inch and 3lb heavier is significant bigger

Reaction score
Alabama is about as good as a benchmark to an NFL team as you can get and Murray did fine for a young kid. I find nothing in Rosen's career that compares to the magnitute that Murray did last year at Oklahoma.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So KK was redemption for missing McVay. Murray is redemption on Wilson. I hope Rosen wasn't suppose to be redemption at missing on Dak, Watson and Mahomes then.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Half inch and 3lb heavier is significant bigger

They put him on a rack to stretch him out an inch and had him swallow a bunch of condoms filled with lead shot. It's no wonder they didn't want him to work out.

Muggsy Bouges played in the NBA for many years and Spud Webb won the dunk contest one year... But just because uncommon situations are possible doesn't make them probable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson