Keim press conference is coming up on youtube

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Generally agreee -only I think we'll draft our TE at #2 and a RB at #4.

But here's another option: (a) favorable medical report on Alford and we sign Richard Sherman opposite Alford. While we'd still be thin depthwise, this would open the way towards not being tempted to desperately draft for need.

:barf:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
My issue is, I don't think Keim every projected the guy to the outside. I think he bit too soon on a guy he thought was going to play in the slot and primarily the slot.

Both Budda Baker and Byron Murphy seem like picks to me that were intended to replace what he had in Tyrann Mathieu. Budda mostly hit in that regard, and relegated Murphy to having a much more limited role than I think might have been scoped for.

we dont know on projection, but Murphy was always a corner

but lets assume its correct

given todays NFL -- a slot corner who plays 70% of snaps, and 99% of "high leverage" snaps (think 3rd down, late in game passing situations, etc) is a reasonable use of the 33rd pick in that draft

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
we dont know on projection, but Murphy was always a corner

but lets assume its correct

given todays NFL -- a slot corner who plays 70% of snaps, and 99% of "high leverage" snaps (think 3rd down, late in game passing situations, etc) is a reasonable use of the 33rd pick in that draft
Realize that Tyrann played a lot in the slot - he wasn't exclusively a free safety playing deep. That's what I mean by what Keim was looking to replace.

We'll have to disagree on 70% of snaps being a reasonable expectation for a guy drafted at #33.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sorry JG, but a starting Db backfield of Sherman and Alford in no way relieve the desperation for a cb.
Particularly in light of the fact he explicitly states it will be thin depthwise - relying on one guy who has missed two entire seasons with injury and both being older than dust. Old, frail, and no depth is THE BEST PLAN EVER (say the koolaiders)!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I understand that this is a Fan Forum & everyone wants to be a GM wannabe. I guess I don't have the time to listen to all the bantering about "Keim should have done this" or "Keim should have done that". What purpose does it serve? The man is paid to be THE General Manager. He'll make his decisions & then we'll see how it plays out come September. He'll either look good, or perhaps he'll get fired. Either way, no one on this board will have a say in that matter. I know. I know. That's the fun of a fan forum I guess. Whatever.
Lol. Here’s what PACardsFan ASFN threads would look like:

we just signed HOFer JJ Watt!

Keim is so smart! 3-d chess!

we didn’t have a losing record last year!

we just signed HOFer AJ Green

who needs CBs? They’re overrated as a position!

I want to have Mikey’s baby!;)

Each thread would be one page long ending in kumbaya.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. Here’s what PACardsFan ASFN threads would look like:

we just signed HOFer JJ Watt!

Keim is so smart! 3-d chess!

we didn’t have a losing record last year!

we just signed HOFer AJ Green

who needs CBs? They’re overrated as a position!

I want to have Mikey’s baby!;)

Each thread would be one page long ending in kumbaya.
I guess the Clown had his feelings hurt & has to respond like this. I’ll end this like I ended my last post. Whatever.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok lets put 100 on it. What will be the final word? PFF score for the new guy in 2021 vs Pat P's PFF score during last year?

and you're so wrong about the talent level dropping but there's no convincing the Solar, Stout, Ouchie, Cheesebeef, etc crowd that the sky isnt falling cause what else would they do with their life in March other than complain about a football team. I've seen a couple off seasons of this group of posters and its all the same negativity with little objectivity.

uh... I think we’ll be a 7-10 win team. I don’t hate this off-season. I just think it’s a big ball of “meh” and could have been much much better in our “all in” going for it year.

I also predicted playoffs last year and was beyond effusive of almost every move from Hopkins to Simmons and even liked the Phillips and Kennard pickups.

I also was all in on dumping Rosen (who I was ecstatic to pick the previous draft) and picking Kyler and gave Keim credit for at least swinging big with KK and taking a wait and see attitude there.

but hey, if lying and attacking other people makes you feel better about the team and yourself, more power to ya.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I guess the Clown had his feelings hurt & has to respond like this. I’ll end this like I ended my last post. Whatever.
Naw just calling it like I see it. I can’t believe you’re so delicate that you’re so bothered by people discussing negatives of team moves.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lol. you had just basically told everyone who has a negative thought about the team to shut up. Did you expect them to blow back kisses?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The Peterson situation was sort of a perfect storm. I think the Cards expected to keep Peterson until his play fell off so badly last year that he clearly wasn’t worth the cost of franchising. In fact it fell so far it became hard to even justify an eight figure, one-year contract. Peterson ego was such it seemed clear he would leave to “show-up” the Cardinals if they didn’t overpay him.

I agree with Keim that this was a lousy market for free agent CBs. I still think Dunbar is nearly as good as the corners who went earlier. There were a couple who might blossom, like Griffin, but they are far from sure things. The top trade candidates, like Gilmore, were incredibly pricey. The bottom line is there is a CB shortage and you can overpay or try to manage with adjustments. The Cards decided to go with strengthening the pass rush. Whether that works remains to be seen. Nonetheless it’s not a reckless plan and the Cards aren’t the first contender to lack top quality CBs. Much can change before the season starts. I’m inclined to wait until then to judge the off-season. Once the season starts we will see how the strategy worked. The cap likely will make any significant mid-season acquisition unlikely though a trade might be structured. Overall it’s a gamble but I’m far from certain it’s a losing one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Peterson situation was sort of a perfect storm. I think the Cards expected to keep Peterson until his play fell off so badly last year that he clearly wasn’t worth the cost of franchising. In fact it fell so far it became hard to even justify an eight figure, one-year contract. Peterson ego was such it seemed clear he would leave to “show-up” the Cardinals if they didn’t overpay him.

I agree with Keim that this was a lousy market for free agent CBs. I still think Dunbar is nearly as good as the corners who went earlier. There were a couple who might blossom, like Griffin, but they are far from sure things. The top trade candidates, like Gilmore, were incredibly pricey. The bottom line is there is a CB shortage and you can overpay or try to manage with adjustments. The Cards decided to go with strengthening the pass rush. Whether that works remains to be seen. Nonetheless it’s not a reckless plan and the Cards aren’t the first contender to lack top quality CBs. Much can change before the season starts. I’m inclined to wait until then to judge the off-season. Once the season starts we will see how the strategy worked. The cap likely will make any significant mid-season acquisition unlikely though a trade might be structured. Overall it’s a gamble but I’m far from certain it’s a losing one.

my issue with the above is if this was the plan, they should have pushed all chips in on the pass rush and brought Reddick back as well. They could have made room for him by cutting Kennard and then they would have had every pass rushing tool available, to try and mimic what Tampa did with power, technique, motor and speed on the edge to make up for their weak secondary.

they settled for what I think that can be a good or very good pass rush if health abides, but they could have shot for an absolutely dominant pass rush and the team’s calling card on D where there will be pretty iffy (if not gaping) holes elsewhere.

Last edited:

football karma

Reaction score
In fact it fell so far it became hard to even justify an eight figure, one-year contract.
if you watch the Keim presser, he is asked if they offered Peterson a contract. He dodges the question, but talked about tough decisions like having to cut Adrian Wilson. That to me says they didnt offer him a contract at all.

football karma

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

this is as good a place to put it as anywhere else

per OTC:

"Pugh agreed to a pay cut in 2021 reducing his salary from $9.25 million to $5 million with $4 million in guarantees."

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

this is as good a place to put it as anywhere else

per OTC:

"Pugh agreed to a pay cut in 2021 reducing his salary from $9.25 million to $5 million with $4 million in guarantees."
An actual pay cut? If so that’s fantastic and rare.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. you had just basically told everyone who has a negative thought about the team to shut up. Did you expect them to blow back kisses?
That's odd. I don't think I told anyone to shut up. The Negative Nancy's on this board get really wound up when people don't agree with them. Oh well. To each their own.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's odd. I don't think I told anyone to shut up. The Negative Nancy's on this board get really wound up when people don't agree with them. Oh well. To each their own.
But us Nancy’s at least try to keep the conversation to the team whereas you Karens attack the posters. Whatever.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lol... the lack of awareness just in the post is humorous. Here, you're not disagreeing with people. you're literally just throwing a schoolyard insult with names like Negative Nancy. And you and others do that and worse... a lot. That's what usually bothers us. Your inability to actually discuss football without resulting to lame crap like that.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But us Nancy’s at least try to keep the conversation to the team whereas you Karens attack the posters. Whatever.
lol... the lack of awareness just in the post is humorous. Here, you're not disagreeing with people. you're literally just throwing a schoolyard insult with names like Negative Nancy. And you and others do that and worse... a lot. That's what usually bothers us. Your inability to actually discuss football without resulting to lame crap like that.

Do u work here in tandem?
Not fair
I like 1 vs 1

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Do u work here in tandem?
Not fair
I like 1 vs 1
Lol we are brothers. We think very similarly in regards to a lot of things and it often surfaces on the board. I think we are often lumped together and considered guilty for each other’s words. Be happy brother-who-shall-not-post never took up this hobby and our dad just never kept up with technology. If you had all four of us here I’m sure the board would collapse - you might consider our father the dark lord of all darksiders - he’s more negative than cheese and I combined.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol we are brothers. We think very similarly in regards to a lot of things and it often surfaces on the board. I think we are often lumped together and considered guilty for each other’s words. Be happy brother-who-shall-not-post never took up this hobby and our dad just never kept up with technology. If you had all four of us here I’m sure the board would collapse - you might consider our father the dark lord of all darksiders - he’s more negative than cheese and I combined.

I have brothers too, but we are not always on the same page
Are u twins?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard