Keim drafts

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dont look now but Keims recent drafts not looking half bad of late. Seems like a lot of guys have just started to elevate/flash at the same time. Id say all the below guys at least flash:
-byron
-eno
-simmons
-zach allen
-zaven
-jalen thompson
-marco wilson
-rashard lawrence
-rondale
-kirk (yeah i know hes not here)
-could argue for some hassan reddick love here too

Id give some cred to defensive player development here too.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dont look now but Keims recent drafts not looking half bad of late. Seems like a lot of guys have just started to elevate/flash at the same time. Id say all the below guys at least flash:
-byron
-eno
-simmons
-zach allen
-zaven
-jalen thompson
-marco wilson
-rashard lawrence
-rondale

Thought Cameron Thomas & Ingram flashed last night too.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When you throw in Hollywood, last year's draft could be considered a really strong one. Only the second round TE hasn't shown anything, but his season/career is still young. Usually, by this time at least half the Draft Class has been written off. No super stars, but a lot of solid picks. JMO.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
-byron
-eno
-simmons
-zach allen
-zaven
-jalen thompson
-marco wilson
-rashard lawrence
-rondale

I just don’t see it with Lawrence. I think he made two nice plays and otherwise he’s been hurt. He’s hurt again. He’s more ASFN myth than anything.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not bad for the belly of the beast, but no pro bowlers or all pros.
I think for a marketable organization like the Cowboys or Eagles, Jalen would be a Pro Bowler already, but otherwise, not much to write home about.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I think for a marketable organization like the Cowboys or Eagles, Jalen would be a Pro Bowler already, but otherwise, not much to write home about.
Yes on Jalen.

Budda? He is already a pro-bowler.

Murphy?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think the big concern is round 1 selections. It’s not that Simmons, for example, can’t play in this league, but was he the most impactful player available. He’s done a decent job of hitting on lesser picks. It’s hard to argue he hasn’t succeeded in his trades.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It’s improved. We need to hit on OLINE. Murray needs a good oline to be great. Imo
I like Dj at tackle and upfront I dig Cody Ford who I would have starting the rest of the season regardless of who might come back from injury... him and DJ were really opening up holes and holding their own in pass pro

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All I see is a bunch of middling starters with very few good players in there.
The Keim bandwagon is super strange. They just erase Keim's entire decade of bad drafting.

Keim had a great start to his career. Keim deserves credit. That was 7 years ago. Seven years ago he was good.

The dude has 38-53 record in past 5 years. Keim has one playoff win in 10 years.

Which GM would survive that kind of record in 31 other NFL cities? Ask Yourself.

****Crickets******

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Keim bandwagon is super strange. They just erase Keim's entire decade of bad drafting.

Keim had a great start to his career. Keim deserves credit. That was 7 years ago. Seven years ago he was good.

The dude has 38-53 record in past 5 years. Keim has one playoff win in 10 years.

Which GM would survive that kind of record in 31 other NFL cities? Ask Yourself.

****Crickets******

Nobody else would survive his record, Sam Bradford off-season, draft history, and extreme DUI.

Michael just keeps him around because he likes to tamper with football decisions and a real GM wouldn't allow that.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nobody else would survive his record, Sam Bradford off-season, draft history, and extreme DUI.

Michael just keeps him around because he is likes to tamper with football decisions and a real GM wouldn't allow that.
I didn't even bring up his personal issues here. I just cannot fathom people here think he deserves more rope just from football standpoint after one freaking decade.

Reactions: PJ1

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
All we need is to send Keim to Pete Carroll's draft clinic. Why? Just read this example of how to draft taken from ESPN article:

While we were all distracted (understandably) by the Wilson trade, the Seahawks quietly put together a strong offseason. Just look at their draft. They found their current starting tackles in the first and third rounds. Second-rounder Walker looks like a true superstar at running back. Cornerback Tariq Woolen is an interception machine and a leading Defensive Rookie of the Year candidate. Cornerback Coby Bryant (you know, the "other" rookie cornerback from Cincinnati) has been a playmaker on the back end. Seattle GM John Schneider may well have crushed what will turn out to be a crucial draft for his franchise. Smith has been very good, but Walker's 168 rushing yards Sunday was the third 150-plus rushing yard performance by a Seahawk so far this season. They're playing well in all phases and look like they haven't just fluked their way into first place.

Last edited:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All we need is to send Keim to Pat Carroll's draft clinic. Why? Just read this example of how to draft taken from ESPN article:

While we were all distracted (understandably) by the Wilson trade, the Seahawks quietly put together a strong offseason. Just look at their draft. They found their current starting tackles in the first and third rounds. Second-rounder Walker looks like a true superstar at running back. Cornerback Tariq Woolen is an interception machine and a leading Defensive Rookie of the Year candidate. Cornerback Coby Bryant (you know, the "other" rookie cornerback from Cincinnati) has been a playmaker on the back end. Seattle GM John Schneider may well have crushed what will turn out to be a crucial draft for his franchise. Smith has been very good, but Walker's 168 rushing yards Sunday was the third 150-plus rushing yard performance by a Seahawk so far this season. They're playing well in all phases and look like they haven't just fluked their way into first place.
Note that this still the second best draft for Schneider. Their first one got legion of boom players plus Russell Wilson. Schneider 2022 is only his second best. Unfortunately, Keim doesn't come close to Schneider second best. Facts doesn't care about my feelings.