KaDeem Carey officially decommits

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$10 says he winds up at Arizona Western or possibly some SoCal juco that offers full rides.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
He'll certainly end up at a juco that gives out full rides. It's called Arizona State University.

This is the kind of stuff that will eventually get Mike Stoops out of Tucson which is fine by me.

OP
OP
Gaddabout

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'll certainly end up at a juco that gives out full rides. It's called Arizona State University.

This is the kind of stuff that will eventually get Mike Stoops out of Tucson which is fine by me.

He's tripping to ASU and USC, but I've heard even he doesn't actually believe he's getting into a 4-year school. He's just taking trips for a free vacation.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Im pretty sure he didnt decommit, yet. Either way, things arent looking so good for him ending up at UA.

OP
OP
Gaddabout

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure he didnt decommit, yet. Either way, things arent looking so good for him ending up at UA.

Trust me, y'all are better for it. I know he's a supreme talent, but now you can move on to someone who actually belongs in school and you know will go to class.

I've already quietly expressed my disapproval to my own university.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
$10 says he winds up at Arizona Western or possibly some SoCal juco that offers full rides.

I don't know where you get your information but he has not decommitted. He is taking visits to ASU and USC but was interviewed two weeks ago and said he is still committed to the UofA.

If he thinks he can't get into the UofA, he knows he will be able to get into ASU. Also, ASU and the UofA have verbals from other running backs. Jared Baker looks like he can help right away, especially in Carey does not get in.

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know where you get your information but he has not decommitted. He is taking visits to ASU and USC but was interviewed two weeks ago and said he is still committed to the UofA.

If he thinks he can't get into the UofA, he knows he will be able to get into ASU. Also, ASU and the UofA have verbals from other running backs. Jared Baker looks like he can help right away, especially in Carey does not get in.

Come on man. This is such a joke. ASU and UA have the EXACT SAME entrance requirements for in-state students. This argument is such a joke. Having said that, I want nothing to do with Kadeem Carey.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Come on man. This is such a joke. ASU and UA have the EXACT SAME entrance requirements for in-state students. This argument is such a joke. Having said that, I want nothing to do with Kadeem Carey.

Ha, just ask some of the geniuses on this board... in case you didn't know, U of A is the Harvard of the west.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Just ask Eddie Elder.

Ha, just ask some of the geniuses on this board... in case you didn't know, U of A is the Harvard of the west.

At least the UofA is not known nationally as "The Harvard of Date Rape":biglaugh:

http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/th...rd-of-date-rape-aka-arizona-state-university/

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

That's true except with juco kids in that ASU accepts junior college D grades whereas UA does not. The difference in high school is that ASU gets in HS kids because they have a system in place that directs non-qualifiers to online correspondence courses that allow them to make up their poor HS grades in one summer in a largely unmonitored process. Arizona for whatever reason (that's a whole other conversation) doesn't do this or at least doesn't as often or as well as ASU.

So yeah, there is a better chance of getting into ASU than UA if you're one of these recruits despite the similar requirements and it's solely because ASU's coaches and academic advisors have a better grasp than their UA counterparts on how to skirt the system. ASU fans bragging about this process is hilarious though, while within the rules for the time being it's completely shady and will cost ASU long-term. That program's overall GPA has been steadily dropping from what I understand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gaddabout

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UA's football program and admission department haven't been on the same page since Tomey's best years. That's the issue there, not entrance requirements. If you don't think Stoops would love to get these kids ASU can, you're delusional.

As for my source, it was the Republic. His quote: His commitment to UA was "premature."

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Of course Stoops would. He's either just incompetent in the smaller details like this process or the school administration won't let him do it. My guess is the former.

My point was that it's somewhat disingenuous to pat ASU's athletic department on the back for getting these kids into school. Everyone knows they do not belong and that someone else is likely taking their online courses in their stead but since it can't be proven there's nothing the NCAA as of now can do about it. It's sketchy, but I guess winning is winning. It'll come back to ASU in the form of reduced APR scholarships and the like down the road as it has at every one of Erickson's stops.

OP
OP
Gaddabout

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'll come back to ASU in the form of reduced APR scholarships and the like down the road as it has at every one of Erickson's stops.

I keep thinking the same, but ASU's APR has been rock solid. Last year they were still above the conference average at 945.

27Veer

Veteran
Reaction score
He did, I know his H S coaches and they think he will make it academically.