Reaction score
QBs better than Kyler right now.

Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
Lamar Jackson (but similar issues IMO)
Pat Mahomes
Justin Herbert
Derek Carr (he is)

but there is such a gap in how those guys polished unlike Kyler. I left out the HOFs Wilson, Rodgers and Brady. Watson probably is but his legal stuff makes not want to debate about it. So Kyler is like the 10th best NFL QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Despite how it has went lately, he still got us to the playoffs. He definitely does not “have a long way to go” especially if you’re including Carr.
In terms of reading defenses, executing passing progressions and executing a 2 min offense, I kinda feel he does. Kyler is as talented as ll of these guys, but I feel like he only has one way he can win.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Despite how it has went lately, he still got us to the playoffs. He definitely does not “have a long way to go” especially if you’re including Carr.
And tbh outside of Carr those guys current weapons>>>

Kyler looked outstanding with DHOP this season.

What Carr is doing is the most impressive although the #s dont always show it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Also, what Carr did with Las Vegas this year was far more impressive than what Kyler did with AZ. Las Vegas has a fraction of the talent that AZ has on both offense and defense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, what Carr did with Las Vegas this year was far more impressive than what Kyler did with AZ. Las Vegas has a fraction of the talent that AZ has on both offense and defense.
Not to mention the biggest distractions of all time with the fired racist coach and the WR who killed someone.

He was a leader.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And tbh outside of Carr those guys current weapons>>>

Kyler looked outstanding with DHOP this season.

What Carr is doing is the most impressive although the #s dont always show it.
Do the Bills really have more talent on offense than AZ?

Bengals have a worse offensive line and that is saying something.

I think the Chargers are closer in terms of offensive talent than people want to admit.

Lamar has garbage for weapons but that is kinda because of his style and one we may want to model after.

and the Raiders sure don't so like just the Chiefs have more talent.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
eh, ain’t trying to derail this to a potential Kyler-slander thread.
This is why I laugh. I say Kyler is the 10th best QB in football and debating that is potential Kyler slander. Maybe because I said there was a big gap between him and the others in terms of progression reads, resiliency and 2 min offense?

Herbert took a beating today and kept firing against another playoff team. Carr won the game against a team with far more talent. Kyler could barely muster FG drives against a team out of the playoffs with a chance to win the division.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do the Bills really have more talent on offense than AZ?

Bengals have a worse offensive line and that is saying something.

I think the Chargers are closer in terms of offensive talent than people want to admit.

Lamar has garbage for weapons but that is kinda because of his style and one we may want to model after.

and the Raiders sure don't so like just the Chiefs have more talent.
Again the issue is "Current" Missing Hopkins, Moore (and today Chase)

Joe Burrow's Oline is bad, but AJ Green would have been a 4 on that Bengals team.

If you include a healthy Cardinals team I think Kyler is just as good as those guys. He just was. None of those guys had a passer rating near 117 at the time. Burrow was at 26 tds to 14 ints until he went on that explosion recently.

If you ask me who are better given the same quality of talent. I'd take Mahomes, Allen and Herbert slightly (of the young guys). And I've seen a few bad/how did they lose games from Herbert this year as well.

And tbh my reasoning for taking Allen would be more cause of last year. He hasnt been as good this year compared to last year imo, but I've seen him to do it so I'll give him that respect.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Carr’s leadership is next level like a prime Brees. You can’t measure it but it’s probably worst an extra win or two when everyone is bought in.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is why I laugh. I say Kyler is the 10th best QB in football and debating that is potential Kyler slander. Maybe because I said there was a big gap between him and the others in terms of progression reads, resiliency and 2 min offense?

Herbert took a beating today and kept firing against another playoff team. Carr won the game against a team with far more talent. Kyler could barely muster FG drives against a team out of the playoffs with a chance to win the division.
Well because the topic is about Herbert. There’s already 2 topics regarding Kyler criticism on the front page. I don’t feel the need to dive in one where the topic wasn’t about him. You can. No one is stopping you.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
QBs better than Kyler right now.

Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
Lamar Jackson (but similar issues IMO)
Pat Mahomes
Justin Herbert
Derek Carr (he is)

but there is such a gap in how those guys polished unlike Kyler. I left out the HOFs Wilson, Rodgers and Brady. Watson probably is but his legal stuff makes not want to debate about it. So Kyler is like the 10th best NFL QB.
Agree with Burrow, Herbert, and Mahomes. I have not seen enough Carr but I would not say Allen and Larmar are a better QB than Murray overall, after the bye-week Murray, for sure, but not the first half Murray. I still have no idea why he just suddenly fell off the cliff.

Let's say Murray is the 10th best NFL QB. Is KK the 10th best NFL HC? Is VJ the 10th best DC? Is Keim the 10th nest GM? If there is a no to any of the three questions, maybe that is where we should start to make changes, and Bidwill is a loser if he does not do so.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Don’t compare him to Carr, Brady,Rodgers any of these guys that have been in the league WAY longer than Kyler that’s absurd. Card is what 30 and in his 7th or 8th season he damn well better be a lot more seasoned than Kyler? What’s the point? Kyler will grow like every young QB and he proved it as the first half of the season he looked MVP level before things fell apart. Lots of problems on this team Kyler is not one and the least of our concerns! We need to build the lines on both sides and build a defense that doesn’t give up so many points! We have lost 6 games 4 of them giving up 30+ points, the other 2 were competitive losses against GB and Colts which were hot at the time. Say what you want when the D plays even half decent we usually win, when they gutt punch the team time after time after a score it affects fans and players. You don’t think the O gets super frustrated when they take a lead only to have our D to immediately surrender? Seriously Kyler is the last damn thing we need to be worrying about. Get a DC who knows how to scheme and use our high draft picks and produce a quality D!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard