Justice League trailer

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zach Snyder steps away from Justice League. Joss Whedon to finish film. Evidently, Snyder's daughter committed suicide some time back at the age of 20 back in March.

He threw himself into his work thinking that would help but it didn't. So he is stepping away. Joss was asked to finish the film. R.I.P. to his daughter. I feel really bad for him. I can't imagine.

Joss Whedon is probably the best thing that could happen to the film but in the worst possible way.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05...ter-family-tragedy-joss-whedon-to-finish-film

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I might actually see the movie, then. Even so, there's little chance even Joss can keep this one from being a train wreck, with so little time/filming.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn't it a little late to be doing reshoots and recutting the film with Whedon? It comes in November. Principal photography was done between April and October 2016. I know reshoots are common but replacing the director for them and making it public like this seems odd. There was a chance Snyder was getting replaced anyways, with this news though there is no negative backlash for replacing him. Bringing in someone like Whedon is where things are weird, he's a huge name and also he's almost the Snyder's exact opposite, style wise.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't it a little late to be doing reshoots and recutting the film with Whedon? It comes in November. Principal photography was done between April and October 2016. I know reshoots are common but replacing the director for them and making it public like this seems odd. There was a chance Snyder was getting replaced anyways, with this news though there is no negative backlash for replacing him. Bringing in someone like Whedon is where things are weird, he's a huge name and also he's almost the Snyder's exact opposite, style wise.

I don't think it's strange to bring him aboard from a studio perspective. They have a big name director attached to another property under contract and working in this verse. Makes perfect sense.

Honestly, I think it's a slight risk for Whedon. How much of his stamp can he really put on the film with only reshoots/pickups left? I am sure he can provide plenty of input in the editing process but this will still be a Snyder film. I doubt Whedon will change it much. If it bombs? Whedon's name will now be attached. Having said that, how do you turn down the studio's plea for help? Word is that Whedon knew this was coming for about a month and had been collaborating with Snyder for about a month now.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If it bombs? Whedon's name will now be attached. Having said that, how do you turn down the studio's plea for help? Word is that Whedon knew this was coming for about a month and had been collaborating with Snyder for about a month now.
I don't know, I think it's a win-win for Whedon. If it turns out half way decent he'll get credit for fixing it - despite the circumstances. If it bombs it'll still have Snyders name to it and the spin will be that Whedon didn't have enough time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Meh.

I'm excited to see WW back on the big screen, but literally don't give a crap about anyone else in that universe. Cyborg looks lame... Aquaman looks ridiculous (and truth is dude's never been good in ANYTHING outside one season of GOT) and the Flash looks like the lamest superhero since the 1990's pathetic Captain America movie.

And Batfleck? I just don't see BATMAN. I see Ben Affleck PLAYING Batman... and that's said as someone who has liked Affleck a lot in his second act comeback in Argo, The Town, Gone Girl and even The Accountant.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Glad to see Joss is putting Wonder Woman front and center though. She is easily the strength of the movie so far.

I actually like the character possibilities of this Aquaman, a character who quite frankly was kind of a wuss in previous versions.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to see Joss is putting Wonder Woman front and center though. She is easily the strength of the movie so far.

I actually like the character possibilities of this Aquaman, a character who quite frankly was kind of a wuss in previous versions.

If Joss can do for Aquaman what he did for Hulk? That would be an amazing feet all in itself. Love Batfleck as well. I think he is beyond solid as Batman.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
'Justice League' is going through $25 million of extensive reshoots — here's what we know
Warner Bros."
From the outside, Warner Bros. looks like it's riding high, with the latest movie from its DC Comics Extended Universe, "Wonder Woman," now the highest-grossing movie of the summer.

The movie that will combine some of the biggest superheros from the DC Comics — Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg — is going through some extensive reshoots. Approximately $25 million of them, in fact.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-justice-league-apos-going-193836248.html

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A reason I dont like superhero movies is because theres no real danger to the hero.

They can get picked up by the bad guy and thrown through a building, a 2nd building, a 3rd building, and into a parked car and just stand up like they sitting in a la-z-boy.

Thats not fun or interesting. "Gladiator" is a good movie because its life and death (even tho you know th hero wont die). The hero is fighting for his life. In superhero movies, barely anything can hurt them.

+ its always the main guy and his hordes of mindless goons who all lookalike. Its like the putty patrol in power rangers.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm disappointed of the absence of Martian Manhunter as he's my favorite JLA member because of his badassery. I do like the addition of Cyborg as he is currently a member of the main team. The movie looks promising. I'm loving the Parademons and them bringing in Steppenwolf. I'm really, really hoping this doesn't suck.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm disappointed of the absence of Martian Manhunter as he's my favorite JLA member because of his badassery. I do like the addition of Cyborg as he is currently a member of the main team. The movie looks promising. I'm loving the Parademons and them bringing in Steppenwolf. I'm really, really hoping this doesn't suck.

I was disappointed at first because Aquaman is in it. I dont read comics, so I was biased by pop culture references that always kinda say that Aquaman is the "lamest superhero."

But I was just on some comic book wiki page and reading all about Aquamans exploits and superpowers, he's a badass! So I'm more excited for it now.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was disappointed at first because Aquaman is in it. I dont read comics, so I was biased by pop culture references that always kinda say that Aquaman is the "lamest superhero."

But I was just on some comic book wiki page and reading all about Aquamans exploits and superpowers, he's a badass! So I'm more excited for it now.
C'mon Bert, you didn't want to see this Aquaman?

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just was not a good take for a TV show IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard