Josh Rosen put in worst situation of any rookie QB in history

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like Cam Newton, but are you really going to point to Mitch Trubisky as the best-case scenario here?

It's not like any of these guys are traditional QBs with a long track record of NFL success.
Cam was MVP! His rookie year was also phenomenal and scorched us for 400 yards in his first game. But the injuries did took a toll on him. Murray will not be as physical as Cam.

Trubisky looked like an NFL qb last year thanks to McNagy. He tailored the offense to Mitch's strengths. I can see the same happen to Murray. All by doing that with one year at NC.

And I do remember your love affair with Vick when he was with the Eagles. He also resurrected the Falcons franchise. All doing this with one year at VT.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Murray is in the same class, dont kid yourself.

His deep ball is absolutely effortless. It gets downfield fast and he leads receivers.

Noooooooooooo, he is not in the same class if you are talking about mechanics and not even close... Murray has this funky shortstop flip action on his other passes, but his deep ball is pure beauty

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One reason that makes knocking Kyler that he only started one year a little ludicrous is to look who was ahead of him. Baker Mayfield.

It's like trying to knock Barry Sanders because he couldn't unseat Thurman Thomas to start at RB for OSU back in the 80's.

Both guys are talented. It might be a similar situation now.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
One reason that makes knocking Kyler that he only started one year a little ludicrous is to look who was ahead of him. Baker Mayfield.

It's like trying to knock Barry Sanders because he couldn't unseat Thurman Thomas to start at RB for OSU back in the 80's.

Both guys are talented. It might be a similar situation now.

Its not a knock based on talent. It is based on extreme lack of experience

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Rosen may or may not be the franchise QB but there are few QBs in the league (including Murray) who can throw a football as natural and as smooth as Rosen.
Lmao. As natural and smooth? Is this a lotion commercial? What about slow delivery, telegraphing passes, and getting intercepted for pick 6's? What a joke Rosie is.....

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lmao. As natural and smooth? Is this a lotion commercial? What about slow delivery, telegraphing passes, and getting intercepted for pick 6's? What a joke Rosie is.....
"Sir, this is Arby's"

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
What these QB discussions need is input from @moklerman .. lol. Where's he been?
Haven't had much to say considering my NFL watching has been diminishing for the last few years. I didn't get to watch a lot of Rosen last year but am surprised that he struggled as much as he did. Not that he struggled but that he was, as some have mentioned, rookie Jared Goff bad.

And I don't know what to make of that in terms of Rosen. On the one hand, it's reasonable to hope that the right coordinator and circumstance could elevate Rosen but at the same time, if you really look at Goff, his success seems to have been a facade. Over his last 8 games, his rating has tanked back down to where he was as a rookie and it's hard not to think that once the league figured out how to neutralize McVay's proverbial presnap training wheels that Goff still shows to struggle with "real" QB'ing. Plenty of physical tools and talent but not actually ready. Even with McVay, that offense and the tools at his disposal.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haven't had much to say considering my NFL watching has been diminishing for the last few years. I didn't get to watch a lot of Rosen last year but am surprised that he struggled as much as he did. Not that he struggled but that he was, as some have mentioned, rookie Jared Goff bad.

And I don't know what to make of that in terms of Rosen. On the one hand, it's reasonable to hope that the right coordinator and circumstance could elevate Rosen but at the same time, if you really look at Goff, his success seems to have been a facade. Over his last 8 games, his rating has tanked back down to where he was as a rookie and it's hard not to think that once the league figured out how to neutralize McVay's proverbial presnap training wheels that Goff still shows to struggle with "real" QB'ing. Plenty of physical tools and talent but not actually ready. Even with McVay, that offense and the tools at his disposal.

Very good post. Whereas McVay has no doubt improved Goff, Goff is still Goff. A tiger is a tiger. Goff can be good, but he'll never be great. You have to give McVay his due when he came out after the SB & told the world that he was totally outcoached by BB. Some of that is true, because BB is the best ever. But, McVay did make adjustments at halftime & the Rams did have open receivers in the 2nd half. The problem was that Goff couldn't deliver the ball with accuracy. McVay would cut off an arm to have Murray. And the Rams would be practically unbeatable with Murray. I hope the Cardinals are smart enough to realize that passing on KM would be a mortal sin. Rosen reminds me of Goff in that they have similar ceilings & KK can improve Rosen, but he'll never be what we need if we want to get deep into the playoffs on a regular basis.