Josh Rosen for backup QB?

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
... something tells me BA and BL want to see Josh succeed, because it would be a great way at flipping a finger back at Tempe HQ. Just a thought.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a very wise and mature move by Rosen. Get some training under Uncle Bruce. Potential reboot of his entire career with the chance he succeeds Brady once he retires

Almost perfect for him. A guy with a rep for coaching QB's, and QB's like Josh pocket passers. And with the GOAT in Brady to learn from. With a team stacked with two elite WR's in their prime.

Obviously he's not going to play now but if he can't improve in that situation, then he's never going to.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... something tells me BA and BL want to see Josh succeed, because it would be a great way at flipping a finger back at Tempe HQ. Just a thought.

Josh in a way is like that pitcher with a 95MPH fastball that everyone thinks if we can get him better control and an offspeed pitch he can be really good. Josh has a great arm, he's got the size, when he has time he's showed he can make throws. the problem is he has NOT shown he can deal with the pass rush and the tighter windows he's seen in the NFL so far, too many backfoot throws, too many throws into coverage etc.

He's going to get a chance to watch Tom Brady, if he can get into a situation where he can challenge Gabbert for the backup job this year where he's on the practice field enough to benefit from Bruce Arians being there it is a great spot for him. I'm not sure that PS QB's really get much if any work with the head coach so I think he probably needs to move up to the active roster to benefit from Arians.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Josh in a way is like that pitcher with a 95MPH fastball that everyone thinks if we can get him better control and an offspeed pitch he can be really good. Josh has a great arm, he's got the size, when he has time he's showed he can make throws. the problem is he has NOT shown he can deal with the pass rush and the tighter windows he's seen in the NFL so far, too many backfoot throws, too many throws into coverage etc.

He's going to get a chance to watch Tom Brady, if he can get into a situation where he can challenge Gabbert for the backup job this year where he's on the practice field enough to benefit from Bruce Arians being there it is a great spot for him. I'm not sure that PS QB's really get much if any work with the head coach so I think he probably needs to move up to the active roster to benefit from Arians.
I agree with everything you said. I just remember how bad our OL was that year. I give a pass that year but yes, he does need to show more.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson