Josh Rosen for backup QB?

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I am assuming this is a joke.

First off he would not want to come back here under any circumstances. Second off he stinks - I seriously would rather give Strevler a chance over Rosen.
Not sure you noticed, but this post was made back in April. It’s too late to bring him in now.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't matter either way, just enough to say that there's no way in hell Rosen would ever want to come back and play for this franchise.
Rosen is running out of chances. If he wants to play (SPOILER: HE DOESN'T) he would sign anywhere including here. Will never happen as he is a huge downgrade from Hundley

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol... you’re becoming the Pats-Self-On-The-Back King also Sanders!

These days everyone wants to throw dirt on you when you are wrong so tell them when you are right

I almost quit the board over the hate I got over Rosen

It got so bad I just quit voicing my opinion

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
These days everyone wants to throw dirt on you when you are wrong so tell them when you are right

Yep.

I was right there with you. It was so obviously a crap idea to stick with Rosen but people are stuck in the 3 year development model with QBs.

The problem with the 3 year development model with Rosen is that he was historically bad. You could argue that he was a victim of bad coaching, but even then, players will show SOMETHING to make you think they might develop. Rosen never did outside of like 3-4 DRIVES.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

good times!

the board really was insufferable all the way around at that point.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Yep.

I was right there with you. It was so obviously a crap idea to stick with Rosen but people are stuck in the 3 year development model with QBs.

The problem with the 3 year development model with Rosen is that he was historically bad. You could argue that he was a victim of bad coaching, but even then, players will show SOMETHING to make you think they might develop. Rosen never did outside of like 3-4 DRIVES.

If Rosen played like that with BA as HC I would've been right there with you guys. I just didn't want to be so short sighted, no pun intended at Kyler. In hindsight though, I'm glad we traded away Rosen and drafted Kyler. I was wrong.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Josh for backup QB. Anywhere but here. Wish him the best, and if never develops into an NFL QB, he'll still walk away with a bundle of money. And now the board members who threw dirt on the Rosen supporters, can continue throwing dirt on SK.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hundly is leaps better than rosen in this system as back up proven hundly can put up ok num as a num 2

I wish rosen the best and hope lands on a decent team eaither to pats as a ps player or backup to cam or raiders bucs.

Some team will sign him to a low contract

Lol eaither way he should be happy he got paid lol

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Josh Rosen was such a bust of a pick. He should try the CFL.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He could end up back with the Dolphins ( or some other team). Tua is a limping basket case fresh off major surgery and rehab. What if one of them is quarantined.

PS and the Dolphins are an idiotic organization. They took Tua #5 with no other team barking.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wanting to draft Kyler Murray and keep Josh Rosen as a backup. I'm not sure how that counts.

Maybe I should have been an option quarterback. LMAO

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He could end up back with the Dolphins ( or some other team). Tua is a limping basket case fresh off major surgery and rehab. What if one of them is quarantined.

PS and the Dolphins are an idiotic organization. They took Tua #5 with no other team barking.

I enjoyed seeing all of those poor picks before the Cards as Simmons fell to us. Even if he is a bust (which I doubt) Simmons was an ideal pick

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep.

His first start he was actually quite good, we had a couple of big drops that hurt him. the problem is he never got better and as the Wr's and OL got injured he just looked so shell shocked.

I was surprised when the Murray talk first started but I assume the Cards had seen it on film and in the offseason workouts and realized he just doesn't have what we want.

I hope he gets another chance and not with a historically bad offense like we had and then Miami did, but in fairness he contributed to both offenses being historically bad.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rosen had a very good debut. I remember that game.

When interviewing for HC KK said Rosen was the plan all along. His interview with SK and MB was about how to make Rosen better and his theories to game plan to Rosen’s strengths.

KM wasn’t considered until awhile after KK was hired.

What if we stuck with Rosen and drafted Bosa? Would Larry have retired? PP requested a trade?

Fact is KM is much more dynamic than Rosen.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Glennon is available too. He looked pretty good in the limited games he got. He and Hundley both did, actually.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard