Josh Rosen - 2021 Season

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st round to practice squad in 2 years. Impressive.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird because I literally just read that they opened Jimmy G up for practice and were suggesting he might be the backup. I guess they decided against that.

Josh clearly doesn't know that offense and it's totally different than what we ran, what Miami ran or what Tampa Bay ran. All the pre snap motion and all the movement by the QB

But you gotta admit it's the hollywood script

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No excuses now Rosen.
Got to learn from the GOAT in Brady and taught by Shanahan and Arians this year.

Not a wasted year imo.

Hope he shows something with the 49ers in practice so they dont draft a QB early. Zach Wilson or Trey Lance could be a problem down the road.

I also think Shanahan could tap into his potential though.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Got to learn from the GOAT in Brady and taught by Shanahan and Arians this year.

Not a wasted year imo.

Hope he shows something with the 49ers in practice so they dont draft a QB early. Zach Wilson or Trey Lance could be a problem down the road.

I also think Shanahan could tap into his potential though.
How SF handles him will tell you everything you need to know about Rosen.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Funny how time slips away.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Lets hope he didnt get team wrong :p

In all seriousness I do hope he sticks on the roster.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How SF handles him will tell you everything you need to know about Rosen.

they just signed him because they have 1 QB on the roster right now. They've been pretty clear they're going with Jimmy G, the injury to Mullens may change that in they might take a QB higher because apparently Mullens is having Tommy John surgery so he could miss all next year too.

Josh is not Shanahan's type of QB he likes to roll guys out, boot etc, Josh really doesn't move all that well, he COULD do that but it's not his thing I seriously doubt they'd do that.

Just the other day I watched a video of Peyton Manning explaining pre snap stuff where he was talking up Josh, as a rookie, cerebral guy, great arm, the Cards put so much on his plate for a rookie because they know how smart he is. It's amazing how fast he fell. We clearly saw something in our year with him and Miami clearly did too.

For us he just didn't get better, the OL sucked, we were signing Wr's from Wal Mart to play, but he just never seemed to have the game slow down. Same thing in Miami

If you watch just the highlights of his rookie season, it's a short tape but his arm and the ball he throws is so impressive, but he just never seemed to be able to deal with the pass rush, and the speed of the game. So many pick sixes.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I would have like to see him backup Russell Wilson.

But yes, would be fun to see him play against us sometime. I hope he makes it with whomever.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's been eating that humble pie for 2 years now. May I never in my life be that over confident. That's embarrassing.

why is it embarrassing? I mean what’s he supposed to say? Well gee golly guys I’m just lucky to be here I guess. Lol oh ok

Last I checked he’s in the NFL and made a few million dollars. How you doing?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson