Jonathon Cooper being released

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I thought we were drafting Warmack that year. Chance started 48 games for the titans before going to IR with a hand injury... That said, why not bring cooper back at the vet min?

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
I thought we were drafting Warmack that year. Chance started 48 games for the titans before going to IR with a hand injury... That said, why not bring cooper back at the vet min?

Because he sucks. It's time to cut the cord note hope for a miracle. Move on and next man up.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
HE'S SOFT!!!!! That was always the problem. Christ. I really do need a FO position apparently. I said he would never make it after watching just one quick interview. The guy's main love was music. He was mentally like a cupcake and it was plain as day.

Ridiculous post of the century. LOTS of star athletes are "soft" if that's your definition of soft. Andrew Luck immediately comes to mind - he has a freaking book club and he's about as gentle as as can be when off the field. On the field, he's as tough a competitor as they come in the NFL. Stupid assessment.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ridiculous post of the century. LOTS of star athletes are "soft" if that's your definition of soft. Andrew Luck immediately comes to mind - he has a freaking book club and he's about as gentle as as can be when off the field. On the field, he's as tough a competitor as they come in the NFL. Stupid assessment.
You're not getting it. That's fine.

OP
OP
AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
To put a #8 overall, supremely talented (albeit bust thus far), G (need position), who knows our system on our practice squad for PS $$$?

This is a no brainer. Of course bring him back.
I think Keim and Arians want no part of him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To put a #8 overall, supremely talented (albeit bust thus far), G (need position), who knows our system on our practice squad for PS $$$?

This is a no brainer. Of course bring him back.

I agree aside from the possible embarrassment of the Cardinals drafting him at #7.

Maybe he finally gets the point. Losing money can do that for you.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree aside from the possible embarrassment of the Cardinals drafting him at #7.

Maybe he finally gets the point. Losing money can do that for you.

My thinking is this:

The guy is a bust. Nobodies arguing that. However, if there were ever a place he could crawl out of the pit, it would be here in Arizona. Hes a softy, and so this is a place where hes comfortable and knows everybody, and can settle in and just focus on working.

His talent is undeniable. Its shocking hes busted, because his abilities are elite.

He's still young and he was improving here. Its a position of need. It really is minimal risk to take him on. We already got 4th stringers playing, so who cares? low risk, huge reward.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nothing makes me laugh harder than the Monday morning QB sports fan. See I knew it!!! I told you so!!! I'm so smart everybody lol.

Bottom line it was a super weak draft at the top. Our offensive line was about as bad as it's ever been and he was the highest rated guard to come out in over a decade. That draft was just plain bad Eric Fischer, Lane Johnson, Barkivious Mingo , Cooper ,Warmack, Dee Milliner, Dion Jordan all top ten picks all fall in the average to just plain bust catagory

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Cooper went into a shell after his injury. Then he went haywire mentally---couldn't handle changes in game plans from one week to the next. It was a very odd concurrence of physical and mental breakdowns. One would think he would have relished a chance to play for the Patriots in his contract year, but he had the foot injury and never played a single meaningful snap for them. So from there he goes to the Browns---on the totally opposite end of the winning spectrum and he doesn't impress them either. Barring a mental and physical makeover, Cooper is done. Bizarre.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's the browns ... that said ... don't know if BASK would like to get cooper back for ... I think nothing and have a chance to get a pick ... after playing him in week 17 on our ... destroyed O-line at RG or LG ...

Is he better than our actual RG or LG? I think so ... so don't know ...

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's the browns ... that said ... don't know if BASK would like to get cooper back for ... I think nothing and have a chance to get a pick ... after playing him in week 17 on our ... destroyed O-line at RG or LG ...

Is he better than our actual RG or LG? I think so ... so don't know ...
Wouldn't cost them a thing to bring him in. I'd offer him an incentive laden contract and bring him in. Wouldn't hurt.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thinking is this:

The guy is a bust. Nobodies arguing that. However, if there were ever a place he could crawl out of the pit, it would be here in Arizona. Hes a softy, and so this is a place where hes comfortable and knows everybody, and can settle in and just focus on working.

His talent is undeniable. Its shocking hes busted, because his abilities are elite.

He's still young and he was improving here. Its a position of need. It really is minimal risk to take him on. We already got 4th stringers playing, so who cares? low risk, huge reward.

Like you said, there is not much downside.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Traded by Cards, cut by 2 teams.. One of which is the worst team in the league.

Why bother?

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Traded by Cards, cut by 2 teams.. One of which is the worst team in the league.

Why bother?
We're now playing our 4th & 5th string players on our O-Line. Do we have any more backup guards on our roster? Our backup C is starting at RG.

Is there any way that Cooper is worse than the backups to our backups that are now starting out of necessity? Bring him in just in case of an emergency situation.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're now playing our 4th & 5th string players on our O-Line. Do we have any more backup guards on our roster? Our backup C is starting at RG.

Is there any way that Cooper is worse than the backups to our backups that are now starting out of necessity? Bring him in just in case of an emergency situation.

I won't argue with that. There's only one game left though. Gresham could play tackle for a half if he had to. :)

I guess I'm just bitter because he was such a bum and the team needed him.

Are there salary guarantees going forward if he or anyone is signed for one game?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Something to ponder, our current makeshift line played amazing recently against Seattle... we do not need Cooper, you just don't go out with any girl because you do not have one lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson