Jonathan Isaac

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think Isaac is my preference at #4 IF Ball is gone, then it's Ball.

That said, I won't be disappointed with Tatum. And Fox, well, I think he will be a good player, just not sure he is a player we need, so the hope is that we do something interesting with someone like Sacramento.

Jackson is my wild card. I'm not sold on him yet, but like Tatum, I won't be disappointed if we get him.

So I'll be happy if it's any of

Ball
Isaac
Tatum
Jackson

But my #1 preference is Ball at this point.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we get Isaac we're adding a big with a lot of potential. He may not be a center but there aren't "top tier" centers right now so he's the next best thing IMO.

The suns aren't going to solve everything this draft... maybe next draft after this will solidify things more.

Zach Collins working out for the Suns haunts me.

It's like the Suns are sending out a message. Could they be trying to do something similar when they drafted Bender and Chriss in the same draft?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

It's like the Suns are sending out a message. Could they be trying to do something similar when they drafted Bender and Chriss in the same draft?
Maybe. I'm still not really understanding the love for Collins. Seems like on this board he is the one consensus guy everyone wants, even if he's only at #10.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

They definitely have the goods to pull that off. It wouldn't surprise me at all. Actually I expect some trade to happen on draft day.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe. I'm still not really understanding the love for Collins. Seems like on this board he is the one consensus guy everyone wants, even if he's only at #10.

It could be very basic. Collins has all the tools and the Suns need a center.

However, something needs to happen in the gap between #4 and #10.

Maybe the Suns look to trade with the Kings.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They definitely have the goods to pull that off. It wouldn't surprise me at all. Actually I expect some trade to happen on draft day.

I think the Suns are going to do a trade during the draft. It bothers me I can't figure it out. LOL

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the Suns are going to do a trade during the draft. It bothers me I can't figure it out. LOL

Draft day is going to be high drama for sure. They really could go in almost any direction. We don't know the offers they are getting for #4... could be juicy! :rolleyes:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It could be very basic. Collins has all the tools and the Suns need a center.

However, something needs to happen in the gap between #4 and #10.

Maybe the Suns look to trade with the Kings.
I can see a possible Kings trade happening, but I'm not sure Center is on their immediate needs list this year. Next year, absolutely, considering next year's draft is supposedly a 4/5 stacked draft. But this year? Chandler can hold down the fort and when he's injured or sits out, Bender can cover. Considering our philosophy about position-less basketball, that doesn't seem far-fetched. If we keep Len, then it's a no-brainer.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draft day is going to be high drama for sure. They really could go in almost any direction. We don't know the offers they are getting for #4... could be juicy! :rolleyes:

Or not.

I do want some drama though. :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see a possible Kings trade happening, but I'm not sure Center is on their immediate needs list this year. Next year, absolutely, considering next year's draft is supposedly a 4/5 stacked draft. But this year? Chandler can hold down the fort and when he's injured or sits out, Bender can cover. Considering our philosophy about position-less basketball, that doesn't seem far-fetched. If we keep Len, then it's a no-brainer.

Of course the Suns worked out a couple of mid-first round type centers. I don't think the Suns draft a center at #4.

Jackson and Isaac are prime candidates around this slot.

Here is who the Suns worked out. See link below.

Collins is one of them along with Allen who are later first round candidates.

I do think the Suns draft a center even if it is in the 2nd round.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/...rkout-lists-pose-as-many-questions-as-answers

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I listened to a podcast with the guy from draftexpress who is pretty good with knowledge of what teams are thinking. He was asked if the suns will simply take the one between jackson and tatum that the celtics don't take, he said possibly but brought up the fact issac absolutely blew away the suns at his workout.

To the point that even if celtics take tatum,which is very possible, not a sure thing suns would take jackson before issac. This is where mcd has earned some cred with me, normally i would not like taking issac ahead of jackson but if we ever did I would assume they worked him out thoroughly and saw he had even higher potential

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I listened to a podcast with the guy from draftexpress who is pretty good with knowledge of what teams are thinking. He was asked if the suns will simply take the one between jackson and tatum that the celtics don't take, he said possibly but brought up the fact issac absolutely blew away the suns at his workout.

To the point that even if celtics take tatum,which is very possible, not a sure thing suns would take jackson before issac. This is where mcd has earned some cred with me, normally i would not like taking issac ahead of jackson but if we ever did I would assume they worked him out thoroughly and saw he had even higher potential
Another question is how deep a game we're going to play. Are we going to do everything we can to dangle the #4 in front of Sacramento in the hopes that they will desperately trade with us to get Fox? That's an intriguing side note to the draft.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another question is how deep a game we're going to play. Are we going to do everything we can to dangle the #4 in front of Sacramento in the hopes that they will desperately trade with us to get Fox? That's an intriguing side note to the draft.

I think suns tried to play that game last weekl, when all of a sudden gambo said suns very interested in fox after saying he was not on the suns radar.

Sacramento seems to have actually used their brain and realize suns are not taking fox, gambo is pretty much saying so on twitter tonight.

Just take whoever you rate highest among jackson, tatum or issac