Jon Gaines to season-ending IR

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I wonder if there’s a long snapper out there they would be comfortable being backup center too (though you’d probably need to make a quick move anyway if Frodo got hurt).

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's amazing how the center position still has question marks heading into the season.
Indeed, but now that we know our QB is either a rookie or Dobbs via a fresh trade, we could literally pick up one off the waiver wire and it makes little to no difference on QB-C snap familiarity.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed, but now that we know our QB is either a rookie or Dobbs via a fresh trade, we could literally pick up one off the waiver wire and it makes little to no difference on QB-C snap familiarity.

I was hoping the center position would be fixed during the off season. Maybe it still works out, but the injury to Gaines is unfortunate. I wasn't thinking about snap count familiarity.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there’s a long snapper out there they would be comfortable being backup center too (though you’d probably need to make a quick move anyway if Frodo got hurt).

Remember how bad the kicking was with a replacement holder and before a replacement long snapper? now we're going into the season almost guaranteed to have a new holder and a new snapper. They might as well just replace Prater now too. He's had a hell of a career but we've seen how much he struggles with new pieces in that puzzle.

Reactions: PJ1

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember how bad the kicking was with a replacement holder and before a replacement long snapper? now we're going into the season almost guaranteed to have a new holder and a new snapper. They might as well just replace Prater now too. He's had a hell of a career but we've seen how much he struggles with new pieces in that puzzle.
It was a disaster. This makes no sense at all.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't know Aaron Brewer was cut. I thought he was solid. What Changed?

Brewer will be back. They did the exact same thing last year.

Nobody is claiming a LS. They will bring him back later in the week and won't have to guarantee his money. And it gives them some roster flexibility with only having 52 signed while they juggle ins and outs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's amazing how the center position still has question marks heading into the season.

Not really. It has question marks because the guy that was going to be backup got injured in game 3 of preseason.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really. It has question marks because the guy that was going to be backup got injured in game 3 of preseason.

It was unfortunate about the injury to Gaines. I don't see how it doesn't leave a question mark going into the season, not that the Cardinals can't find an adequate replacement.