Johnny Cardinal Bowl Game Thread: A&M vs Duke

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The defense finally steps up............ pick six!

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I knew it was a incomplete pass, freaking announcers!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Duke QB played the game of his life but thasy was the most boneheaded thing I have ever seen.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So what do y'all think about Boone? Dude got arm strength but played a soft defense.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
College or pro, by far the most entertaining game I have watched so far this year.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you asked me yesterday, I would have said no.

But, dang, this guy is a player. He won't be there at #20.

The way he was yelling at his teammates in their faces on the sideline. He's a leader.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This game did nothing to change my views on Manziel. Great college QB who takes too many shots to last in the Pros. I just don't see his game transitioning over to the NFL. Guys are too big and strong in the NFL to allow Manziel to leap and spin out of tackles like he does vs college kids. JMO.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game did nothing to change my views on Manziel. Great college QB who takes too many shots to last in the Pros. I just don't see his game transitioning over to the NFL. Guys are too big and strong in the NFL to allow Manziel to leap and spin out of tackles like he does vs college kids. JMO.

Lot's of people keep saying this like all he ever does is scramble like a maniac and make throws on the run. He has proven this year, he can throw from the pocket too.

pacman

Veteran
Reaction score
praying the Rams stick with Sammy B.
The Rams organization doesn't have the guts to draft Manziel and give up on Bradford. They will always be mediocre as long as Bradford remains their QB.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There is always the injury concerns with smaller QB's who are elusive, but I can't get enough of watching this kid play. He reminds me of Fran Tarkenton a little. Ultra competiitve, smart, elusive, very underrated arm & pocket presence. There's always a risk, but I'd have no problem drafting him. That is not based soley on tonight. I've watched almost every game he's played. He's a special talent.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand why people want to believe, but I don't think his freelancing will translate in the NFL. He's going to be in trouble the first time he tries to leap around one of the Kuechly types of the league.