John Brown - more bad stuff

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep..... When Kurt Warner, Palmer or Fitz start trashing ownership, It will mean something.

Kurt Warner had to go to the Niners to get a contract... AFTER he took us to the Super Bowl.

And I don't think teams/FO are measured by the superstars. For the most part, all those guys get paid and treated like royalty. but when you start getting whispers from a bunch of "good guys" in the league (which is the way all those "salty *******" are looked at) it's going to have a trickle down effect. Pretending it won't is incredibly naive.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kurt Warner had to go to the Niners to get a contract... AFTER he took us to the Super Bowl.

And I don't think teams/FO are measured by the superstars. For the most part, all those guys get paid and treated like royalty. but when you start getting whispers from a bunch of "good guys" in the league (which is the way all those "salty *******" are looked at) it's going to have a trickle down effect. Pretending it won't is incredibly naive.

CJ... JB AND HB were all paid handsomely for the PLETHORA of games they couldn't suit up for.

I don't think you made quite the argument you think you did.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CJ... JB AND HB were all paid handsomely for the PLETHORA of games they couldn't suit up for.

I don't think you made quite the argument you think you did.

CJ and JB were paid handsomely? Are you kidding? CJ was on one years and JB was making 3rd round rookie contracts. And when it was time to pay HB handsomely, we cut his ass.

But REGARDLESS of ANY of that, do you really think NFL players are going to look at any of their contracts or their injuries and say... boy, those guys have no reason to complain? You're flat out insane if you think that and don't just take the word of their boys who think they got treated like crap.

But keep telling yourself that multiple NFL players trashing the team really doesn't matter... especially when a bunch of them are having success this year AWAY from this dumpster fire.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
CJ and JB were paid handsomely? Are you kidding? CJ was on one years and JB was making 3rd round rookie contracts. And when it was time to pay HB handsomely, we cut his ass.

But REGARDLESS of ANY of that, do you really think NFL players are going to look at any of their contracts or their injuries and say... boy, those guys have no reason to complain? You're flat out insane if you think that and don't just take the word of their boys who think they got treated like crap.

But keep telling yourself that multiple NFL players trashing the team really doesn't matter... especially when a bunch of them are having success this year AWAY from this dumpster fire.

Oh brother....

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
this says it all...

No ... it really doesn't.

But I'll spell it out for you, because apparently that's what you want.

Did you conveniently forget about HB's first extension???? 5 years 40 million

JB was on his rookie contract...yes.... but after 1 good season, he was mostly worthless and/or inactive.

CJ was a rent-a-back who (same as the 2 mentioned above) made more money on the inactive list then they made for services rendered.... What are YOU missing??

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No ... it really doesn't.

But I'll spell it out for you, because apparently that's what you want.

Did you conveniently forget about HB's first extension???? 5 years 40 million

JB was on his rookie contract...yes.... but after 1 good season, he was mostly worthless and/or inactive.

CJ was a rent-a-back who (same as the 2 mentioned above) made more money on the inactive list then they made for services rendered.... What are YOU missing??

Uh... NONE of that spelled out how they were paid HANDSOMELY in any way shape or form.

Actually.. upon further thought, you're right. All is well. The Cardinals are the bastion of excellence in the FO. Nothing to worry about.

Let's keep eating sand!!!!!

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Uh... NONE of that spelled out how they were paid HANDSOMELY in any way shape or form.

Actually.. upon further thought, you're right. All is well. The Cardinals are the bastion of excellence in the FO. Nothing to worry about.

Yep... CJ retired after getting no interest.

And HB and his 5 pDef along with 2 int's will surely get Houston to the SB.

John Brown is the only one I want a mulligan on... But surely you can't blame the FO for not knowing the future??

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
you may think they're salty little *******, but I'm guessing that opinion ain't shared by their NFL brethren... and they're only people that matter in this situation as we all foam at the mouth over our "abundance" of cap space next year.
How much Cap space do we have?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All those guys were marginal players at the time their contracts expired and weren't worth the giant contracts it would have taken to retain their services. If that's what makes them salty, tough poo. That's life, and you made more in one very part time season than everyone else makes in a lifetime. So sorry you were disrespected by not being given 75 million dollars.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Didn’t JB come out earlier this year and say the Arizona heat/climate made his condition much more difficult to manage? If true, I imagine the Cards would have known this as well and felt it was in the best interest of BOTH parties to move on?

I think we’re all happy JB has found success because he’s extremely talented and by all accounts is a good kid. But at the end of the day he couldn’t stay healthy here in AZ. Not sure what went on behind the scenes from a medical or work environment perspective, but I can’t fault either side on this one.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All those guys were marginal players at the time their contracts expired and weren't worth the giant contracts it would have taken to retain their services. If that's what makes them salty, tough ****. That's life, and you made more in one very part time season than everyone else makes in a lifetime. So sorry you were disrespected by not being given 75 million dollars.

Something tells me this isn't about money.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

900k to ride the pine is pretty forking handsome.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
How long till Honey Badger comes out with something

Smh.
Loved the guy but he was not worth what we had to pay to keep him. I know, our bad but he was not worth the contract we gave him.

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Smoke's condition was not getting better when he was with the Cardinals. Smoke could not stay on the field. Smoke was given tons of patience by the Cardinals from weeks and weeks of on and off activity. You damn right they gave him a ton of chances because our WR core is thin. Sorry, I am happy Smokey is doing well but he always reflected the attitude of little kid, granted a sweet kid, but he is just pouting right now and could care less to the validity of what he is shoveling with his cartoon cleats
Stop with the facts!

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well I thought Edge, CJ and AP were not celebrated by the fans enough - team and players lead the charge - or no charge as it really was. I said it and got spanked repeatedly - both the SB year record run and Larry’s legion career articles written by and for the team had not one mention of Edge or CJ’s outstanding performances that were crucial in our actually successful seasons.

Hell whis just whizzed on Beanie- our other successful playoff year - treated him like a punk - had him rushing on one leg and gagged him from talking about it. AP, well he’s doing pretty well elsewhere like Smoke and others.

Currently Sam Bradford is being treated like a punk - many fans cheer that! So I’ll add fans to the list of Keim and Michael Bidwill - coaching staffs, GMs have come and gone - but fans and Bidwill is here forever.
I would not want to play hard for us- team and fans cocked and ready to destroy our now our future and misrepresent the past.

This is culture change baby - Fitz has my undying fanhood - but he needs to show RBs some love and support them through rough times - are we ruining DJ right now? I mean he is shouldering a lot of the blame through expectations - fantasy and reality. It’s a team sport

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'll just say this. Look above Keim to see where problem may be.

I've heard from more than 1 person in the NFL that MB is "crazy" to work for. TFWIW.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
Something tells me this isn't about money.
It's always about the money.

Look what the Steelers have gone through. They have always been seen as a players franchise. But see what happens when guys feel they aren't getting paid what they're worth.

When a player is performing you can put up with their antics and moaning and groaning but when they don't perform the franchises patience runs thin.

Dez Bryant wouldn't take a pay cut and wasn't afraid to let everyone know. But without the performance he sits at home still complaining and taking shots at the Cowboys. Not that I ever complain about people taking shots at the Cowboys. :gun:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
whether Smoke has a case or not doesn't really even matter at this point. Perception is reality and right now, the perception is this team and FO are a freaking joke. Just firing the HC isn't going to wash away the vomitous taste in other's mouths right now. It's gotta be a clean sweep.

And to be honest, I don't know why Keim gets another chance. He already got a second chance after embarrassing the entire organization with an extreme DUI. Now he's produced an 18-wheeler car-crash on the field as well.

As President W famously said: "Fool me once, shame on-- shame on you. Fool me... you won't get fooled again!"

I think you are right. Even without the DUI, I think it's hard for Keim to survive this after back to back nonwinning seasons, but the DUI makes this unsurvivable.

His record as a GM is a mixed bag. Just way too many misses on high picks to warrant keeping.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
What does this mean? Expand a bit, I think we'd all like to hear something about this tid bit.
Wish I had some details but don't. It'd be all speculative on my part. I was at a get together with some NFL scouts, execs, etc, and didn't think it was right to press for details.

All I can say, it was mainly from some people who work for the Giants.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wish I had some details but don't. It'd be all speculative on my part. I was at a get together with some NFL scouts, execs, etc, and didn't think it was right to press for details.

All I can say, it was mainly from some people who work for the Giants.

Nonsense. I know people that work for the Cardinals. They love Michael Bidwill. He is very people oriented and involved in the community.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard