John Brown - more bad stuff

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree it's total BS. He didn't actually say anything. If you're gonna come out with it, come out with it otherwise just sit down John...

One person commented to him that it wasn't cool to kick the franchise while they're down and Smoke said fans do not have any understanding of what really happened behind the scenes.

Who treated you badly? Keim? Did you ever file a grievance with the players union? Like what's the point of him coming out and piling on this dumpster fire if he's not going to elaborate? Just seems like sour grapes to me and he's enjoying the fact that he's doing well and we are not. So he puts out this non-specific criticism that just makes us look even worse but suddenly he's too 'classy' to elaborate.

BA loved Smoke he beamed about him constantly. He would have played him every down but the guy could not stay healthy. If it was Keim who was bad to him why not elaborate and give us more reason to fire him.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Smoke was/is obviously a sensitive young man. BA publically called him out, like he was prone to, and it hurt his feelings I guess.

No fan knows what goes on behind the scenes but it was, apparently, not warm and fuzzy for Smoke. He's moved on and doing well, he should probably just enjoy that and forget his time here.

He got paid some good cash too.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
How about this Smoke? “Thank you Cardinals for drafting me higher than most would have and putting me in a system that emphasized the long ball so I could showcase my speed and earn millions.”

If he was drafted anywhere else it would have been a 5th or 6th rd pick at best. With any other team, he would have been running short drag routes over the middle as a slot guy and getting clocked by safeties instead of running deep routes in iso coverage, he’d be out of the league by now. He would be like JJ Nelson stopping his routes so he doesn’t get hurt.

I guarantee that next year or even later this year, Joe Flacco is going to revert back to being Joe Flacco and Smoke will end up either getting hurt or getting hit hard and start dropping passes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whether Smoke has a case or not doesn't really even matter at this point. Perception is reality and right now, the perception is this team and FO are a freaking joke. Just firing the HC isn't going to wash away the vomitous taste in other's mouths right now. It's gotta be a clean sweep.

And to be honest, I don't know why Keim gets another chance. He already got a second chance after embarrassing the entire organization with an extreme DUI. Now he's produced an 18-wheeler car-crash on the field as well.

As President W famously said: "Fool me once, shame on-- shame on you. Fool me... you won't get fooled again!"

Last edited:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's still premature to judge what Brown is. He's only played 7 games. We all know he has the capability of a 1000-1200 yard receiver, he just couldn't stay on the field. Right now he is. At least for now.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whether Brown should have been kept or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is watching this team implode and now the shots are coming from outside the organization. That carries significance.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sounds like he's talking more about the coaching staff and being pressured to play through his illness. I don't see how this reflects poorly on Keim but then again none of us know the full back story.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Sounds like he's talking more about the coaching staff and being pressured to play through his illness. I don't see how this reflects poorly on Keim but then again none of us know the full back story.

Literally everything that's happened this season reflects poorly on Keim.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What is interesting is that the sickle cell issue was a huge issue here, but suddenly is not when he signs with a "better" franchise in the Ravens. My question is, what changed?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JB has a right to slam Cards, IMO.
Because he couldn't okay for two years and we decided not to really on him again? I like jb, a lot, when he's healthy. He want healthy for two years. I agreed with letting him walk, even with the chance that he gets right again.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When healthy, JB is a beast. He’s still young so I can see him ending up being even better.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He needs a better QB than Flacco for him to take the next step to his game.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wonder which GM had more disgruntled players under their tenure, Ryan McDonough or Steve Keim?

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
All these sorry former Cardinal players coming out of the wood work to slam the organization is hilarious. I'm not saying it's not warranted but I take very little value in what John Brown, TM, or Chris Johnson have to say. All salty little *******.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
All these sorry former Cardinal players coming out of the wood work to slam the organization is hilarious. I'm not saying it's not warranted but I take very little value in what John Brown, TM, or Chris Johnson have to say. All salty little *******.

Yep..... When Kurt Warner, Palmer or Fitz start trashing ownership, It will mean something.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
What is interesting is that the sickle cell issue was a huge issue here, but suddenly is not when he signs with a "better" franchise in the Ravens. My question is, what changed?

Sure as hell wasnt the coaching staff. Kid barely played his last 2 years and when he did play he was a ghost.

I'm happy for John Brown that he got his career on track but it wasn't happening here and even now I'm still skeptical he can stay healthy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you may think they're salty little *******, but I'm guessing that opinion ain't shared by their NFL brethren... and they're only people that matter in this situation as we all foam at the mouth over our "abundance" of cap space next year.