JJ Watt signs with AZ

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Agree about Phillips. I think return if CJ and addition of JJ gives him a chance to live up to his contract. Hicks, I dunno. Will have to see. But more talent around any player typically results in superior play.

With Hicks, if he can just concentrate on clogging and attacking the middle, he will be okay...Let Simmons be the sideline to sideline guy...:)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm surprised how much "ILB doesn't matter" we see in the off season.

And then the season starts and all you here is "ILB can't stop the run. X backer sucks in coverage. Tight ends are eating us for breakfast".

Seems to me tight ends are important enough that we complain about how bad they are a lot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm surprised how much "ILB doesn't matter" we see in the off season.

And then the season starts and all you here is "ILB can't stop the run. X backer sucks in coverage. Tight ends are eating us for breakfast".

Seems to me tight ends are important enough that we complain about how bad they are a lot.
The truth is virtually every position on the filed is important if your player is dominant or sucks. They seem less glaring (either positively or negatively) if they’re average.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
WTF? 2 years for 31 million?!

this is a terrible Emmitt Smith contract. Adios Reddick and most of our cap space.

I’ll go on record and say this is a bad move. Hope to eat ALL the crow on it.

terrible take

emmitt was a lot older, had been ineffective for years at a relative unimportant position, and wasn’t going to be joining a strong positional group

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
STUPID. Another PR move. Terrell Suggs all over again. Oft injured player that fits the Kiem mold.
Wasted cap space. Good bye Hasson.

lmao

suggs was worthless the year before we got him and 5 years older

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It just means that we will be using our draft capital on Murray, which fits better with his timeline anyway.

possibly, but an elite defense helps keep the offensive playbook wide open for more plays which is extremely important for keeping Kyler healthy

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they don’t bring back Hassan the Watt move is meh. If they keep him, it’s really good. Or we could SAVE OUR MONEY and pay Jordan Phillips that money!

they ain’t keeping him. We’ve seen this kinda thing play out repeatedly with the Cardinals, especially with their young breakout OLB throughout the years.

Reactions: PJ1

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CP3 was a 3rd Team All-NBA player last year who pushed OKC to surprising heights. Watt was an okay DE on an atrocious D and team. Not seeing the similarities quite the same way you are.

16th in PRP on an awful defense.

That’s incredibly impressive.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I"m surprised but I'm hopeful they did their homework on his health. I'ts been 2 years since he was elite but that was largely due to health so I'm hoping we did our homework. I have to admit I still hope we keep Reddick

He was borderline elite last year, just had an awful position group.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This sums it up

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ledyard is a racist scumbag.
We were 12th last year without Chandler most of it and Watt for all of it. Simmons improving. Budda. F off Ledyard loser.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I didn’t watch the whole press conference but saw and loved the simple answer he gave when asked how much gas he has left in the tank... totally serious he says “A lot.” No further explanation needed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson