Jimmy johns has earned a poll

Is JimmyJohns the bomb?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
My favorite lately has to be Heidi's Brooklyn Deli on 83rd ave and T-bird. Freshly baked breads, homeade soup and salads. The Hell's Kitchen sandwich is bomb:

Marble Rye, egg salad, swiss, bacon, avocado and special hot sauce. Oh baby!

Seen it several times and want to try it.
I think I will go next week.

I didn't go for the $1 Jimmy Johns. Got to the one by my office and the line was already pretty long. Decided it wasn't worth it for $3 savings. Went to Firehouse instead.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My fvorite subs were Cousins Subs.. I dont know where they went.. I know they still have stores in PHX.. Just not near me anymore..
I like cousins.
There's one on Baseline between Dobson and Alma School.

JJ's is pretty good. Subway was good until they changed the bread like 10 yrs ago. Now its the worst of all the cheap chains IMO.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Ate JJ this week for the first time in a while. I think they've gone downhill. Bland bread, skimpy meat, blah lunch. Wouldn't choose to eat there if up to me.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I voted yes.. my fiance over-hyped it before they arrived in AZ, but I think they are pretty good.

Dilly's Deli (a few locations), Bison Whiches (Tempe), Sticklers (downtown), and Hero Factory (downtown) are my faves.

Bison Witches is one of a couple of unique tales that link Tempe, AZ with Lawrence, KS. The originators of Bison's was from Lawrence and helped open a sandwich shop called Quintons out there. You'll notice the tribute paid to Lawrence on the menu with the JayHawk sandwich.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
When? Where? Pray tell! :D

I know they are opening one at 7th ave & McDowell I've seen the sign, and I heard they are opening one around 20th st & Camelback although this one I can't confirm.

7th ave & McDowell is becoming quite the foodie corner.

Last edited:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When? Where? Pray tell! :D
Just googled & found this:
Portillo's Hot Dogs, a popular Chicago-area chain known for its hot dogs, burgers and beer, plans to open locations in Tempe and Scottsdale in early 2013. The first location is expected to open in February in Scottsdale near Shea and 90th Street, said Patty Sullivan, a company spokesperson.

A second location is slated to open in Tempe next summer at McClintock Drive and Rio Salado Parkway.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo...-eateries-tempe-scottsdale.html#ixzz24oREQUPB

I know they are opening one at 7th ave & McDowell I've seen the sign, and I heard they are opening one around 20th st & Camelback although this one I can't confirm.

7th ave & McDowell is becoming quite the foodie corner.
Are you talking about Portillo's or Potbelly's?

edit: You must be referring to Potbelly Sandwich Shop--534 W McDowell. Will have to check them out.

Last edited:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Just googled & found this:

Are you talking about Portillo's or Potbelly's?

edit: You must be referring to Potbelly Sandwich Shop--534 W McDowell. Will have to check them out.

Yeah, reading is fundamental. :D

Potbelly's.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you hear the big sandwich news? Potbelly's in Arizona!

One is going to open soon on Rural just North of Broadway. Rural and Vista Del Cerro - which used to be a Coco's, then a Mexican place. They demolished the old building, built a new one, and have put up banners for Starbucks and Potbelly's.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haveny had jersey mikes. Found a pot bellys the other day by Baby kays but if im in that area, im eating baby kays.