Jimmy johns has earned a poll

Is JimmyJohns the bomb?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't answer with these options. It is simply good, but not the bomb in any way. Better than Blimpie/Subway/Quiznos. Not as good as Jason's Deli, etc. Mid-level sandwich shop.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Customer Service Sucks

I used to be a fan. I hate them now.

There are two by us. We live in a tiny void on the map that is apparently outside both their delivery areas. (One delivers West of 60th Street, one goes East of 64th. We live on 61st.) We were able to convince one location to drive the extra block to deliver to us. There were no issues for probably 20 orders over the course of a year. Then one day, we called in an order, they took it, and we waited.

45 minutes went by and we called them. They said we were outside their delivery zone and they wouldn't deliver. They weren't planning on calling us to let us know. They just cancelled the order without telling us.

So I am boycotting them now. Total BS.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never had an issue, walk in, leave within 3 minutes with a delicious sandwich. We are not comparing to NY delis and $10 sandwich shops which are obviously better. In the 5 dollar sub range, is it the bomb or not?

Im a fan, love it. Nice to have something better than subway poppingf up for when I dont want a $10 sandwich.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go eat it! its good. Its not incredible but vs a regul;ar shop like quizno, subway etc its the bomb. youll have a line today but typically you get your sandwich before they can count your change. (and not because of slow change counters)

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
JJ is OK but nothing special, so I voted No. I prefer Togo's. The Potbelly's chain in the Midwest is the bomb, wish we had them here.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJ is OK but nothing special, so I voted No. I prefer Togo's. The Potbelly's chain in the Midwest is the bomb, wish we had them here.

They are opening stores in Phoenix - first two should be open before Labor Day

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go eat it! its good. Its not incredible but vs a regul;ar shop like quizno, subway etc its the bomb. youll have a line today but typically you get your sandwich before they can count your change. (and not because of slow change counters)

Yes because it is PRE MADE. It is the same crap you can get at the tubs in the grocery store.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
All that crap is pre-made

Subway has gotten better and they no longer have all the meat pre-packaged to the point where they just peel away the separating film and place it on your sandwich - but it's still pretty much a joke

Most of those places are awful - subway is about the worst of them .... JJ isn't as bad, but definitely not the bomb

I'd rather go to AJs, Romanellis or a variety of little places that can actually make a sandwich .... even my po-dunk home town had good places where you could go in and get a legit sandwich

There aren't as many options out here for such places, but they do exist and they are the bomb and aren't that expensive ... may cost a touch more, but worth it (and price point to price point put places like jasons deli to shame)

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm gonna have a sandwich, then I want a good freaking sandwich. I'll pay the $10. No to JJs, Subway and the like.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes because it is PRE MADE. It is the same crap you can get at the tubs in the grocery store.

I dont see why you guys compare flemings to applebees. Of course the high end places are better. Seems pretty obvious to me.

"applebees is garbage compared to the best restauraunt on the planet with $200 plates"

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and BTW every sandwich is the same crap you buy at a grocery store. Most top end delis sell Boars head meat.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
I voted Yes. I like it. I don't mind any of those places (Subway, Blimpie, Quizno's, etc). Its pretty much all pre made, frozen crap. If I want some fresh good sandwiches I will go someplace else that will certainly cost more ( Jason's Deli or similar) but all these places are pretty much the same in my opinion.

One place I have been going to by my work pretty frequently is Firehouse Subs. I like theirs as well.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted Yes. I like it. I don't mind any of those places (Subway, Blimpie, Quizno's, etc). Its pretty much all pre made, frozen crap. If I want some fresh good sandwiches I will go someplace else that will certainly cost more ( Jason's Deli or similar) but all these places are pretty much the same in my opinion.

One place I have been going to by my work pretty frequently is Firehouse Subs. I like theirs as well.

Firehouse is yummy over there by the 101. Sub factory is good too.

I <3 sandwiches.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't answer with these options. It is simply good, but not the bomb in any way. Better than Blimpie/Subway/Quiznos. Not as good as Jason's Deli, etc. Mid-level sandwich shop.

Jasons Deli is over priced hot garbage.. Im surprised people are still going there.. I havent heard them mentioned in years..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fvorite subs were Cousins Subs.. I dont know where they went.. I know they still have stores in PHX.. Just not near me anymore..

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
Jasons Deli is over priced hot garbage.. Im surprised people are still going there.. I havent heard them mentioned in years..

I have never heard anyone say they don't like Jason's let alone going as far as "hot garbage". Their stuff is great. It's fresh, you get a ton of meat, a lot of variety, salad bar is the shizzle, kids eat free a lot, and you get ice cream.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fvorite subs were Cousins Subs.. I dont know where they went.. I know they still have stores in PHX.. Just not near me anymore..

cousins was ok. Still a few around the valley.