Jets Get Third Overall Pick

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Overdrafting players in the first round is what Keim does best.
I can already see how this story ends. All the top top 4 guys are gone & Keim trades our #2, next years 1 & 3 as we trade back into the top 25 of Rd 1 & we select Rudolph, Jackson or another QB. It’s written in the stars!!! :bang:

This is exactly what happens when everyone knew you were going to take a QB last year, you stand pat & 2 teams steal them from underneath your nose!

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Looking more and more like a QB won't be taken until the 2nd or 3rd round(s), barring some miracle that someone slides. I can see the Cards trading up in the 2nd for someone like Rudolph, if he makes it that far, which he should.
I think he goes earlier than people think. He nailed it at his pro day in Stillwater. Every team had a representative there, a few teams had 4-6. Buffalo and Dallas seeed to be talking with him a lot.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I can already see how this story ends. All the top top 4 guys are gone & Keim trades our #2, next years 1 & 3 as we trade back into the top 25 of Rd 1 & we select Rudolph, Jackson or another QB. It’s written in the stars!!! :bang:

This is exactly what happens when everyone knew you were going to take a QB last year, you stand pat & 2 teams steal them from underneath your nose!

There is no way we're going to give up that much to move into the back of the 1st round. Keim values picks too much.

Reactions: HGC

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
There is no way we're going to give up that much to move into the back of the 1st round. Keim values picks too much.

Thankfully he has no history of doing anything so foolish. If he likes either of those guys enough that he'd deal next years first he'd take them at 15.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Can you imagine, if the Brownies take a QB #1 overall and the Giants are so QB desperate that they do to? The Browns can get their QB AND Barkley. That'd be insane, and might turn their franchise around.
this trade actually forces the Browns to do just that. They were gonna take Barkley and then QB at 4 knowing Indy wasnt drafting a QB and its likely NY didnt either... but NY wants Barkley.... but now with the Jets moving into three they have a greater risk of losing out on their QB... Lots of mocks have the Jets picking Mayfield... now if thats who cleveland wants they have to pick him at 1 or lose him to the jets

or trade with NY for 2

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
I'd love to see Mayfield with the Browns..... he'd fit right in on that train wreck

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Other then Rosen and Darnold, the qb’s in this draft are not worth going to war for. And those two have huge holes in their game. :shrug:

This tells me that Jets want Allen. Good, let him burn in NFL hell.

Cards are not going to get their qboftf this year. Unless we are getting a long term back up.

Reaction score
So it cost them three 2nd rounders to move up 3 spots? The two 2nd rounders this year are early ones. We'll have to trade next year's 1 & 2 & probably this years 2 or one of the 3s to get #1.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can see Mayfield falling out of the top 10 and us trading up to 10 (Raiders) to get him...

1. CLE - Darnold
2. NYG - Barkley
3. NYJ - Rosen
4. BUF - Allen
5. DEN - Nelson

Etc etc

Maybe the Jets get Barkley if he hasn’t been taken??

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can see Mayfield falling out of the top 10 and us trading up to 10 (Raiders) to get him...

1. CLE - Darnold
2. NYG - Barkley
3. NYJ - Rosen
4. BUF - Allen
5. DEN - Nelson

Etc etc

I think you're close, but Cleveland has a chance to get two of the top four players in the draft and in positions they need. I could see something like this:

CLE - Barkley
NYG - Darnold
NYJ - Rosen
CLE - Allen or Mayfield
DEN - Allen - Mayfield doesn't seem like an Elway kind a guy.

That would leave Mayfield (possibly), Rudolph and Jackson as possible targets for the Cards.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score

1. CLE - Darnold
2. NYG - Barkley
3. NYJ - Rosen
4. BUF - Allen
5. DEN - Nelson

Etc etc

I’m sure the Jets are taking a qb
As long as we don't get him I don't care. Browns could get him at #4 and take Barkley at #1. Jets might also take him...

Maybe the Jets. He could slide a bit

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals like Jackson, and would be fine with the pick. I think that Keim's statement early on about taking a guy they rated high (regardless of the media pundits and other teams' boards) earlier than expected is also in play. If the Cardinals believe in a guy which they think is their kind of franchise QB, I will support the choice and go get him... but I still do not want Allen, he is the one QB I do not trust because I just do not see a NFL quarterback in my opinion

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Jackson is there at #15 I will be happy. No need to mortgage future draft picks for guys who may bust in Top 5.

I would be shocked if Lamar Jackson were selected in the first round. I have him ranked in the middle of the third round. I think teams learned their lesson to not reach like crazy for quarterbacks after the 2011 draft fiasco where three quarterbacks were probably overdrafted in the first round. Other than Buffalo selecting E.J. Manuel in the first round a couple of years later, we haven’t seen teams reach like that since.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Called this trade a few weeks ago. Not exactly Nostradamus as the Jets had to get over the Broncos to insure a quarterback.

I was going to say that the Colts should have waited longer to make this move, but on reflection the Browns could have made the same deal with the Jets for number four overall and the Colts can still entertain offers for number six overall.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Only way Jets pass on a QB is if Barkley is available. Unless the Cards trade into Top 5, I think they trade back (#15) in the draft to pick up a few extra picks, then trade up from #47 to grab a QB (Rudolph, Falk, Laulette, White)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
What if Rudolph turns out to be the best QB in the draft and we happen to take him in round two... this is not an exact science, though at first look with the hype to pad the top guys' rankings, I like Mayfield and Rosen but seldom do drafts follow the expectations

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
MIA may also be looking for a QB with speculation they may not view Tannehill as a long term solution, and they pick at #11.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Thankfully he has no history of doing anything so foolish. If he likes either of those guys enough that he'd deal next years first he'd take them at 15.
Yeah I’m prolly exaggerating the total picks but you watch what happens if the top 4 QBs are gone. Mark it.

Keim’s signings of Bradford & turkey neck along with the need & the fans screaming for a QB have forced him to do it. The pressure is immense this season to add that guy. Remember I called it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah I’m prolly exaggerating the total picks but you watch what happens if the top 4 QBs are gone. Mark it.

Keim’s signings of Bradford & turkey neck along with the need & the fans screaming for a QB have forced him to do it. The pressure is immense this season to add that guy. Remember I called it.
Ridiculous. I'll easily bet with you on this. Don't know what you would want to bet on though.

There is no way Keim trades back into the first using next year's first. Not when this team could feasibly have a top 10 draft pick next season and we already have a starting QB and young backup.