Jets and Giants Mailbag: Which team will make it back to the playoffs first?

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Ralph Vacchiano | Facebook | Twitter | ArchiveWhile sorting through your Giants and Jets questions over the last few days, and answering them in my Jets and Giants mailbags, I noticed a few asking me to compare the two teams. So sure, I'll take my shot at evaluating how they measure up in my first Giants-Jets combo mailbag:> * * * Considering all picks made by the blue vs. the ones made by Green & White price (including the trade for Wilson) in the 2020 draft, which GM has strengthened/improved his team more? What season will either one or both teams make it to the playoffs again -- @sunmoonrise31Just to be consistent, I have to go with Jets GM Joe Douglas, because I gave him an A-minus for his draft while giving Dave Gettleman a B. I think Douglas' draft was a bit more strategic in terms of plugging immediate holes. I think he also added more NFL-ready players who could have an impact this year.That's not to say I don't like what Gettleman did. I really do. I love the fact that he finally focused on the offensive line, and I think his second-round pick of Xavier McKinney was a steal. But he still left his team without a center and without an edge rusher and not a lot of immediate help. That's not bad, though, because a lot of their improvement in 2021 hinges on the improvement of players he drafted in 2018 and 2019 - especially the young defensive players he loaded up on last year.

Continue reading...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison