Jerren Shipp

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why doesn't he play more? Seems like his minutes are way down even with him shooting a career best. is it defense or something?

Just curious, everytime I see ASU play I think I must be seeing Abbott on an off night, but then I looked and his FG% is really low. Just seems like Shipp is actually shooting better than Abbott so it must be something else keeping
him off the floor. I expected him to be a better college player.

Also was surprised this weekend to watch McMillan. Expected him to be MUCh better this year, I knew he wasn't a great shooter but he seems almost
afraid to shoot?

Kuksics on the other hand man is that kid confident right now.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Shipp plays well in spaces, I think he's a better pure shooter than his brother. However he's always seems to be a bit of a defensive liability

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Shipp can only shoot when he's wide open. His shooting motion is very long. Abbott is also better at defense and rebounding. He's much more athletic, which is something lacking on the ASU team.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shipp plays well in spaces, I think he's a better pure shooter than his brother. However he's always seems to be a bit of a defensive liability

That's what I assumed but given ASU plays so much zone I figured how bad can he be?

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched some of ASU the other night and Shipp looked a bit soft around the edges.

Maybe it's the munchies?

I saw those pics too but Harden was in them as well so I kind of doubt Shipp is in the doghouse for that.

Shipp has always been a bit pudgy, same with Josh until this season. Joe was cut up always surprised me Josh wasn't in better shape but then he had so many hip injury issues he could never work out in the offseason.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Pendergraph sprained his MCL against Cal, so I suspect will see more of Shipp against OSU and for however long Pendy's minutes are limited. It'll also probably mean more of Taylor Rhode who hasn't shown much so far.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McMillan is probably one of those guys who will have the light turn on all of a sudden. All the tools are there. You just never know when it will happen. Since Harden is essentially the point guard for this team, McMillan needs to develop a reliable mid-range game to get more floor time. Hard to believe he's such an awful shooter considering his background.