Jazz at Suns 4-4-15

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
PS: If we had lost to the Jazz the standings right now would be

Suns 38-41 NOP @SA LAC
Jazz 37-41 Mem @Por Dal @Hou

Suns going 0-3 and Jazz going 1-3 would be a likely scenario and both teams would end up with 38 wins and 44 losses.

You beat me to it! Currently, I like Sam Decker but I bet Utah grabs him one spot in front of us. The officials no-call on the foul gave us the game and maybe cost us one spot in the draft.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I have no idea why we would want to pick Dekker though. Why exactly do we need another SF that is not a good 3 point shooter but does a bit of everything else?

We have huge holes at PF and C and we might even need another combo PG (Kris Dunn 6'4 sophomore PG 15.6ppg 5.5rpg 7.5apg 2.7spg).

Kris Dunn has good size, good athleticism, leads the NCAA in steals which is a great indicator for NBA success.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kris-Dunn-6440/

Last edited:

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea why we would want to pick Dekker though. Why exactly do we need another SF that is not a good 3 point shooter but does a bit of everything else?

We have huge holes at PF and C and we might even need another combo PG (Kris Dunn 6'4 sophomore PG 15.6ppg 5.5rpg 7.5apg 2.7spg).

Kris Dunn has good size, good athleticism, leads the NCAA in steals which is a great indicator for NBA success.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kris-Dunn-6440/

I know that we need a PF / C the most but I watched Decker in many games a I was always impressed.
As far as Dunn goes - Do we need another gaurd? Assuming we keep Bledsoe & Knight and have Bogdan Bogdanovic siting in Europe, why pick another guard that has turnover issues?

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Utah spent 3 years in the dumps and now look at them they have overtaken us and rebuilt through the draft and all that they could still afford to just lose Kanter because they picked up Gobert.

This season they had Gobert(#27), Kanter(#3), Favors(#3 traded to utah in his rookie season), Hayward (#9), Exum(#5), Burke(#9), Burks(#12), Evans(#55), Hood(#23) plus a bunch of undrafted players.
The only player they did not "draft" is Trevor Booker.

Their rookies started 83 games this season and 2nd yer players 77 games.

So much for rebuilding through the draft does not work. The Jazz were not afraid to pick up young guys and let them play right away through mistakes and look how much success they had in terms of developing them by doing this.

Sorry, how have the Jazz "overtaken" us? I agree that they have good young talent, but they haven't done anything yet.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sorry, how have the Jazz "overtaken" us? I agree that they have good young talent, but they haven't done anything yet.

Their ALOT closer to being a better team that the Suns are. Their record since the ASG (since they traded Kanter and officially gave reigns to Gobert as center) is pretty good.

Hayward, Gobert, Favors are all better prospects and players than anyone on the Suns. I haven't seen much of Exum yet but I bet he turns out pretty well.

Hood also looks very promising.

Their front court would wipe the floor against ours.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their ALOT closer to being a better team that the Suns are. Their record since the ASG (since they traded Kanter and officially gave reigns to Gobert as center) is pretty good.

Hayward, Gobert, Favors are all better prospects and players than anyone on the Suns. I haven't seen much of Exum yet but I bet he turns out pretty well.

Hood also looks very promising.

Their front court would wipe the floor against ours.

Ya, that doesn't mean they have "overtaken" us. Remember that we have been missing 2 injured starters for most of this stretch. And we still beat them recently.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did all the Jazz fans come from?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but I guess they forgot that we just beat their ass, even when we were down 2 starters.

It's just with all the good young teams out there, why compare the Suns to the Jazz. Maybe Jeff Hornacek?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer blues and alternative rock myself.

I like alternative rock as well. However, there are not many new artists that I follow. Never was a Jazz fan.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I never understood why Salt Lake City kept the Jazz name from New Orleans. They could have named them the Utah Larry H. Miller Dodges.

Oklahoma City didn't keep the Supersonics name.

San Diego, once upon a time, didn't keep the Braves name from Buffalo. Clippers was the perfect name ... for San Diego. Not L.A.

I wonder if L.A. kept the Lakers name from Minnesota because its first two letters are LA. The L.A. Ocean would have been more appropriate.

Nets. Warriers. They are more universal names regardless of city.

San Antonio Spurs. Houston Rockets. Phoenix Suns. Perfect names.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Ya, that doesn't mean they have "overtaken" us. Remember that we have been missing 2 injured starters for most of this stretch. And we still beat them recently.

We beat them recently based on a blown call by the ref.

They have one of the best records in the NBA since the trade deadline. They are younger, they have players with more potential and they dominated us with their size in the past already even when record-wise we were way better.

Gobert>Len, Favors>Markieff, Hayward>Tucker

We have an advantage in the backcourt but Alec Burks is not so much worse than Knight and Exum might have the most long-term potential.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Not to mention that Utah is only missing the playoffs for the 3rd straight year and 4 out of last 5.
Suns are missing the playoffs for the 5th straight time and 6 out of 7.

Utah has not even made the perfect picks at each slot -> Kanter, Burke for example...

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Utah won again ( without Favors and Hayward and 2 rookie guards starting), had the ref made the right call and we would have lost we would be tied in the standings now and Utah might just win one more..

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Utah won again ( without Favors and Hayward and 2 rookie guards starting), had the ref made the right call and we would have lost we would be tied in the standings now and Utah might just win one more..
Right again!
Had we lost we would be tied but wouldn't Utah be ahead based upon conference record? Utah has two games (Dallas & Houston) and Phoenix has two games (Clippers & Spurs). Pretty high % that the tie breaking rules would have come into play.
The looser ends up being the winner if you look at the pick in the draft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right again!
Had we lost we would be tied but wouldn't Utah be ahead based upon conference record? Utah has two games (Dallas & Houston) and Phoenix has two games (Clippers & Spurs). Pretty high % that the tie breaking rules would have come into play.
The looser ends up being the winner if you look at the pick in the draft.

I agree. The better idea is to finish behind the Jazz for the better draft pick.