Jay Novacek's Wife, LeAnne Novacek, Found Dead at 45

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/02/01/...novacek-wife-leanne-novacek-found-dead-at-45/

---
LeAnne Novacek, the wife of former Dallas Cowboys star Jay Novacek, was found dead Monday morning, according to a spokesperson with the Tarrant County medical examiner's office. She was 45.

According to Burleson, Texas police department spokesperson Sally Ellerston, police and fire departments responded to a "report of a medical emergency, possibly suicide" at 8:37 a.m.

LeAnne Novacek's body was found in the bedroom of the residence, according to the report. The residence was reportedly her mother's home.

Ellerston told ESPNDallas.com that police on the scene called the Tarrant County coroner's office, detectives and a victim's assistance coordinator. An autopsy will be performed on Tuesday and the police investigation is ongoing.

According to a Fort Worth Star-Telegram report, a police spokesman said the death appeared to be the result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Jay Novacek played six seasons with the Cowboys in the 1990s and ranks ninth in team history with 3,576 career receiving yards. He recorded five Pro Bowl berths in his career and was part of three Super Bowl-winning teams.

The 47-year-old former tight end retired in 1997 after a back injury forced him to miss the 1996 season. He and his wife continued to live in the area following his retirement, according to the ESPNDallas.com report.

-------

My prayers go out to Jay Novacek and his family. Was a great Cardinal TE, and won a bunch of rings with the Team That Shall Not Be Named...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Holy Heck man.... Horrible news. RIP.

I met him at my elementary school (Alta Loma in Peoria) a long time ago. He came to talk about drugs. Great Guy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort