Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
can Spencer Ware catch?

seems like coming from the Chiefs, seems like the answer would be yes

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are names. But they are sitting on couches at week 7 of the season, so maybe not “too” high profile.

that said, this points to bad things for DJ imo.

Ajayi was injured so no one was going to sign him yet.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ajayi is over his 2018 ACL tear and will begin his free-agent tour in Arizona. The Cards are also taking a look at former Chief Spencer Ware, suggesting the team expects to be without David Johnson (who was limited to three snaps in Sunday's win over the Giants) when they visit New Orleans in Week 8. Both would be depth options behind presumed starter Chase Edmonds, who broke out for 150 yards (126 rushing, 24 receiving) and three touchdowns against the Giants.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like this! I think the Cardinals realize now that when the weather went real south yesterday, they didn’t have the ability to pound the rock when all they wanted to do was play keep away in the 2nd half. I love Edmonds, but once the Giants realized the weather made us one dimensional, he wasn’t the same factor.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought DJ was limping when he came off the field in the first quarter so I assume they're just looking at this as a if we have depth behind Chase, we can rest DJ and get him healthy for the 2nd half of the season.

Sure hope we have Kirk back for NO though, the lack of viable receivers was really a problem at times yesterday IMO.

The 49ers are allegedly actively seeing AJ Green or others in trade because they think they're really good and a #1 WR would put them over the top. I can't see us in the same boat but if I'm the Bengals, I want to trade Green, and I'm looking at us and them, it sure figures we'll have the higher draft pick. 49ers are supposedly willing to let Solomon Thomas go in any deal and there was some speculation they might move Armstead instead for the right guy, that's something we can't really match we dont' have a former 1st round pick DL we can trade.

I continue to dream about this offense with a legit #1 threat at WR although Obviously Green has to be healthy and he's in the last year of his contract so you have to get a guarantee you can keep him. If he winds up in SF we'll have to deal with him too.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll pass on AJ green. There are options to get top tier WRs in the draft on the cheap. AJ green will be very expensive.

For a first rounder no but for a 2nd and a 5th if you know he'll play the last 6-7 games and you can get him to sign another contract it's intriguing. I wouldn't give up a first rounder for him but if you get good medical reports.

I'd rather have Jeudy on a rookie contract but I suspect we're not going to pick high enough to get him, or Lamb.

He makes more sense for SF though they're unbeaten and may well be a #1 WR away from contending this year.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ajayi was injured so no one was going to sign him yet.
Ware as well, he had ankle surgery in camp and the Colts put on the PUP and then released him with an injury settlement

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2 of our 3 RBs are banged up heading into a 2 games in 5 days stretch, makes sense to bring in possible depth. Also with the success we've had in two back formations, maybe having 4 RBs on the roster makes sense.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, when I think of him, I think of a top shelf receiver 4 years ago that has been injured ever since. It might not be accurate but it is what I remember of him.

He played 16 games in 2017. It wasn't a great year for him his catches to targets was off but he was still really good(8 TD's).

The concern is the ankle surgery, the original reports were minor surgery cleaning it out and then they said after what they found during the surgery he was going to miss longer than expected. So not knowing what they found is the concern. Living where I do they've been talking about him for weeks with the 49ers interest.

He caught 75 balls 2 years ago and had 46 in 9 games last year then he had the surgery for torn toe ligaments and then followed that up with the ankle.

It all comes down to the medical reports IMO. I kind of expect the 49ers to take a shot at him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose