Jarhead

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody read this? I just read it during my vacation and I liked it a lot! Very entertaining book with a very candid look at Marine life during boot camp, 1st Gulf War and more. Highly recommend! :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I havent' read the book, but the movie looks amazing. I almost got shipped over there when I was in basic for Army Reserves...I was a tanker and they told us we might get fast tracked, and sent over immediately. Worst three days of my life before they said nevermind.

I'll pick this book up..should be great. BTW, while in Ft. Knox for training we had Marines there too training right next to our barracks. We used to mess with each other all the time. They stole our Fox (Foxtrot) and buried it upside down in front of our building...so we would berate them between the doors of our barracks imitating their cadence calls. Good times.

I have a lot of respect for the Marines...I was injured playing basketball with drill seargeants during AIT, broke a wrist, so I couldn't leave at the end of AIT, and I hung with the Marines for a couple of weeks hitting the base nightclubs and such. Grand times...and some trouble too. Some of the best fun I've ever had.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
I havent' read the book, but the movie looks amazing. I almost got shipped over there when I was in basic for Army Reserves...I was a tanker and they told us we might get fast tracked, and sent over immediately. Worst three days of my life before they said nevermind.

I'll pick this book up..should be great. BTW, while in Ft. Knox for training we had Marines there too training right next to our barracks. We used to mess with each other all the time. They stole our Fox (Foxtrot) and buried it upside down in front of our building...so we would berate them between the doors of our barracks imitating their cadence calls. Good times.

I have a lot of respect for the Marines...I was injured playing basketball with drill seargeants during AIT, broke a wrist, so I couldn't leave at the end of AIT, and I hung with the Marines for a couple of weeks hitting the base nightclubs and such. Grand times...and some trouble too. Some of the best fun I've ever had.

Def get the book I think you would really enjoy it! Let me know what you thought.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The movie looks very good! Not really my kind of subject, but I think I'll check it out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard