Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude has an 83.5 grade.. Most others in the round seem to be in the 70s

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dude has an 83.5 grade.. Most others in the round seem to be in the 70s

I like it, I just don't know much about him. Does anyone know if he'll be able to play some safety too or is he going to be CB depth.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
More of the Pittsburg mold (safety? Troy P? ), great pick, I expected Massie

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1263318/jamell-fleming

Analysis
Positives: Should excel as a zone defender because of his closing speed to wrap receivers after the catch. Can deliver the big hit and isn't afraid to jump inside to slow the ball. Transitions well from coverage to close on the ball. Strong hands, quick reactions for the interceptions. Former high school receiver with good ball skills. Willing and successful blitzing off the edge. Consideration for move to safety with combination of range and sure tackling. Negatives: Body type similar to 2003 first-round bust from Oklahoma, Andre Woolfolk. Questionable technique and he gets lazy with fundamentals, high in his backpedal and will breach the coverage call seeking flashy plays.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
Seems the only thing that's gonna make this crowd happy is if we pick an OT. Regardless of whether or not he fits this team. Then again since 20 people like 20 OT's We're still gonna have an unhappy bunch.

OP
OP
Jttsaz

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
The 5'10" 187-pound former Sooner was named the Fiesta Bowl's defensive MVP after registering seven tackles and returning an interception 55 yards for a touchdown.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems the only thing that's gonna make this crowd happy is if we pick an OT. Regardless of whether or not he fits this team. Then again since 20 people like 20 OT's We're still gonna have an unhappy bunch.

Well if he can block at all he more than fits this team.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The 5'10" 187-pound former Sooner was named the Fiesta Bowl's defensive MVP after registering seven tackles and returning an interception 55 yards for a touchdown.

Also had 7 tackles and an INT in the Insight Bowl.

Maybe that's why the Cards took him. He seems to play really well in Arizona. :)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also had 7 tackles and an INT in the Insight Bowl.

Maybe that's why the Cards took him. He seems to play really well in Arizona. :)

:D

Surprised you don't know much about him? Playing in that division.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I absolutely love the pick. Puts Jefferson and Adams on notice. Along with the fact that Jefferson, Toler, and Adams are all on one year deal.

I thought a CB was going to be made a priority and I also thought we had no chance for this kid. Thought he would go in the 2nd easily. Huddlereport gave him a 1st round grade. NFL.com gave him a great grade, cbs sportsline gave him a 2nd round grade.

My own take, he is the leader of the Oklahoma secondary, always communicating with he safety to make sure they are on the same page and in the correct position. Although he was a dumb arse for cheating on a test he is a super smart football player, knows zone and man coverages. I bet he wowed the team on the dry erase board during the interviews. Something Horton probably liked the most this quote from huddlereport, "He is a head up, wrap up, squeeze and drive tackler and comes up very quickly to support the run, working himself through or around blocks to make a tackle." One of my more favorite CB's in this draft and the best tackling CB, and will make a immediate huge impact on all special teams units.

There are so many Tackles left on the board as well. Not much of a difference between them all IMO - Massie, Zebrie Sanders, Brandon Mosley, ....

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Cardinals selected Oklahoma CB Jamell Fleming with the No. 80 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft.

With seven interceptions in the last two seasons, Fleming offers fluidity in man to man coverage and an ability to go up and get the football. He received negative reviews after an average Senior Bowl performance, but when considering Fleming was forced to play in a zone intensive scheme under the Vikings staff, the criticisms were unwarranted. When focused, Fleming can jam at the line and stay physical during routes, but at times he looks overconfident or lazy when giving too much ground to his assignment.

rotoworld

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love the pick. Puts Jefferson and Adams on notice. Along with the fact that Jefferson, Toler, and Adams are all on one year deal.

I thought a CB was going to be made a priority and I also thought we had no chance for this kid. Thought he would go in the 2nd easily. Huddlereport gave him a 1st round grade. NFL.com gave him a great grade, cbs sportsline gave him a 2nd round grade.

My own take, he is the leader of the Oklahoma secondary, always communicating with he safety to make sure they are on the same page and in the correct position. Although he was a dumb arse for cheating on a test he is a super smart football player, knows zone and man coverages. I bet he wowed the team on the dry erase board during the interviews. Something Horton probably liked the most this quote from huddlereport, "He is a head up, wrap up, squeeze and drive tackler and comes up very quickly to support the run, working himself through or around blocks to make a tackle." One of my more favorite CB's in this draft and the best tackling CB, and will make a immediate huge impact on all special teams units.

There are so many Tackles left on the board as well. Not much of a difference between them all IMO - Massie, Zebrie Sanders, Brandon Mosley, ....

Can youPM this to LIAC? :thumbup: :thumbup:

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

You're making me love this pick even more Joe!

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score

You said it perfectly---this is a brilliant pick---plus he fits the Richard Marshall role to a tee if that's what they want to do with him early.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You said it perfectly---this is a brilliant pick---plus he fits the Richard Marshall role to a tee if that's what they want to do with him early.

Odd though that with all the mocks and talk about various potential players for the Cardinals on this board his name wasn't mentioned often. Of course that could have been because we were skipping over guys projected for the 2nd round.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At the combine he ran a 4.53 in the 40 yd dash. 23 reps of 225 lbs. 2nd most of DB's. John Lott is going crazy as he pushes for the 23rd rep in the video too.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I am happy

I am happy and send a huge shout out to SMUSHDOWN LEVI BROWN for signing long term. We are good on the oline because of that, I mean Levi, Sendlein, Colledge and the most underated at RT is Bridges, Bridges has been very very good to us and needs some love, He puts the N in nasty.
Levi is nasty too, Snyder I'm not sure about as an upgrade? but He is Nasty too!

Like i said before the Steelers are way smaller than most teams. I looked at their depth chart nd was amazed, They choose quick over size and speed. and this Flemming is a dynamic playmaker, Horton will add dicipline.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Odd though that with all the mocks and talk about various potential players for the Cardinals on this board his name wasn't mentioned often. Of course that could have been because we were skipping over guys projected for the 2nd round.

I know I wasn't. Thought he was going early second. Only two CB's at all even went in the 2nd round all together, which was odd to me.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
At the combine he ran a 4.53 in the 40 yd dash. 23 reps of 225 lbs. 2nd most of DB's. John Lott is going crazy as he pushes for the 23rd rep in the video too.

May not of put up huge straight line speed numbers, but he absolutely killed the shuttle and 3 cone drills.

Wiz just said it as well, could play a little safety. A position I am now going to call, "Marshall Backer".

Graves and Wiz also talked about some free agency tackles. I think they may already have a few on speed dial and were just waiting to see how the draft fell first. I know there are a few still out there some on this board would still love to have. We shall see.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard