OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole team is taking on this attitude. Dillon Brooks got into it with Jokic and received a technical. He apparently has so many he is auto suspended for their next game.

They won't be the 2 seed in a week

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The whole team is taking on this attitude. Dillon Brooks got into it with Jokic and received a technical. He apparently has so many he is auto suspended for their next game.

They won't be the 2 seed in a week
He also has embraced the nickname Dylan the Villain. That team has absolutely no designs on being likeable.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He could really be the face of the league and he can’t get out of his own way
Really seemed like he was on his way in Year 2 when he just exploded and brought the Grizz to the playoffs. But between last season and this season’s injuries and his wrestling like heel turn, that seems like a long time ago.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He doesn't have any real friends that can smack the **** out of him? A mentor? Coach? Nothing?
He's turning to King JAffrey.

Ah well not our problem.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
He's saying that he's going to step away for a bit to, "Seek help." For his sake...hopefully that's true.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really seemed like he was on his way in Year 2 when he just exploded and brought the Grizz to the playoffs. But between last season and this season’s injuries and his wrestling like heel turn, that seems like a long time ago.

Great way to put it. It has become cartoonishly over the top.

Now I will be waiting for him to threaten a side line reporter mid interview.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Image can really change a person. He's young and feels like his team is hated and the bad guys. So he's gotta get that hard look. I'm sure everyone clowning his 'I'm good in the west' didn't help.
Oh well glad he's not on my team. Look forward to Suns in 4

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was just reading that, if the NBA follows their rules to the letter, the Ja is looking at a 50 game suspension. Because he brought this on a road trip (and was waiving it around while almost certainly under the influence), he broke a number of NBA rules and, likely, Colorado law.

David Stern would almost certainly throw the book at him, I kinda doubt Silver does.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was just reading that, if the NBA follows their rules to the letter, the Ja is looking at a 50 game suspension. Because he brought this on a road trip (and was waiving it around while almost certainly under the influence), he broke a number of NBA rules and, likely, Colorado law.

David Stern would almost certainly throw the book at him, I kinda doubt Silver does.
No way in hell the nba does that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think they will either.

It will be longer than the 2 games that Memphis gave him though... my guess is... 8.
8 games might be enough for us to catch the Grizz if we keep playing well and get us the 2 or 3 seed, which would be ideal, IMO.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
8 games might be enough for us to catch the Grizz if we keep playing well and get us the 2 or 3 seed, which would be ideal, IMO.

The West is such a cluster ---- that I don't know who I want to face.

Denver doesn't really scare me, maybe they should, but they don't. Getting the 4th seed wouldn't be a disaster. I know I'd rather be the 4 and face Denver in round 2 than be the 3 and have to beat Memphis on the road.

As for the first round, there are 9 teams fighting for the 5th-8th seed.

Prior to signing Westbrook, I think the Clippers were the scariest, but I don't think much of Ty Lue as a coach and I don't see him being able to bench Russ without causing a fire.

Dallas would be the most dramatic on paper... and most satisfying to beat.

The Pelicans with Zion, if he is in one of his 2 week stretches of health, would be scary, but they seem destined for the 8 seed... again.

The more I type this out, the more I feel confident in my initial instinct. Either the 2 or the 4.

The only team that really scares me, out west, is Memphis and the 2 or 4 give us the best chance of avoiding them entirely or facing them at home.

If we make the finals, I still think we're a dog to a healthy Buck or Celtic team, but not unwinnable.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The teams that scare me are the bruising defenders. Like the Pelicans were last year. Our older players are so subject to injury.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ja self imploded
Hope the gun was worth it
Moron. Preppy rich boy acting hard in Colorado lol can't make this stuff up

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah I just read that. He had the gun in Denver which means he took it on the team plane which violates NBA rules.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I just read that. He had the gun in Denver which means he took it on the team plane which violates NBA rules.
This is clearly a "guns in the workplace" violation, and there is precedent for dealing with it. Arenas was suspended for the remainder of the season. The NBA can do no less here. Their policy is a mockery if they don't. There is more sensitivity to this issue now than when Arenas was suspended.

6.9 Firearms and Other Weapons.​

1. Whenever a player is physically present at a facility or venue owned, operated, or being used by a Team, the NBA, or any League-related entity, and whenever a player is traveling on any NBA-related business, whether on behalf of the player’s Team, the NBA, or any League-related entity, such player shall not possess a firearm of any kind or any other deadly weapon. For purposes of the foregoing, “a facility or venue” includes, but is not limited to: an arena; a practice facility; a Team or League office or facility; an All-Star or NBA Playoff venue; and the site of a promotional or charitable appearance.
  2. At the commencement of each Season, and if the player owns or possesses any firearm, the player will provide the Team with proof that the player possesses a license or registration as required by law for any such firearm. Each player is also required to provide the Team with proof of any modifications or additions made to this information during the Season.
  3. Any violation of Section 9(a) or Section 9(b) above shall be considered conduct prejudicial to the NBA under Article 35(d) of the NBA Constitution and By-Laws, and shall therefore subject the player to discipline by the NBA in accordance with such Article.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose