IT IS TIME FOR KENDRICK TO SHOW HE WANTS TO WIN

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Funny that all the dudes Hazen sent to Seattle have helped them climb to 1st place.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
That was a reason to stay the course with our young guys.
Or go ahead and make better trades sooner, even if the asking price was a bit higher...the players available earlier were better and more plentiful to pick from. Hazen is just not good at his job.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I swear if Kendrick comes out and makes a comment like Angelo (Baltimore owner) did about $$$ and keeping the team together.

I will be defeated.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I get that. In fairness, if you want to support the team, you have to go to games. We have 5 million citizens here Our average attendance numbers should be up. Now that guys like Lawlor are being brought up. I will go more. I went once already, but when I was unemployed I had no money to go. :-( I am thinking one we get out of triple digits of going some more. Maybe in December? :shrug:

OP
OP
AZ Native

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Good point about going to games. I went to 3 games earlier this week and the average attendance was about 12,000 and we are in the wild card hunt. I started this thread stating Kendrick needs to show us he wants to win. I still think he is cheap and wish he would spend more, but what are we showing him? Prepare to be defeated.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point about going to games. I went to 3 games earlier this week and the average attendance was about 12,000 and we are in the wild card hunt. I started this thread stating Kendrick needs to show us he wants to win. I still think he is cheap and wish he would spend more, but what are we showing him? Prepare to be defeated.
It Has to start at the top with a commitment to winning

It’s tough to get excited about a team when you know the owner isn’t doing everything possible to put a winning team on the field

OP
OP
AZ Native

AZ Native

Reaction score
It Has to start at the top with a commitment to winning

It’s tough to get excited about a team when you know the owner isn’t doing everything possible to put a winning team on the field
Agreed. I would love for a guy like Ishbia to buy the team. But until that happens, Kendrick will look at the bottom line first. It's like he is scared after the MadBum deal.

OP
OP
AZ Native

AZ Native

Reaction score
Well, last year we sucked and this year we are contending. Also, when we play Doyer's (and many other teams) the opposing fans outnumber us, or it seems like it.
Same with our Cards.

Also, I am sure that is paid attendance based on the number of empty seats of season ticket holders.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Funny that all the dudes Hazen sent to Seattle have helped them climb to 1st place.
And Sewald almost singlehandedly gifted the World Series to the Rangers with his blown save in Game 1 and his pathetic performance in the 9th inning of Game 5. I know he did pretty well in the playoffs leading up to the World Series - but his World Series performance was a failure of biblical proportions.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Sewald almost singlehandedly gifted the World Series to the Rangers with his blown save in Game 1 and his pathetic performance in the 9th inning of Game 5. I know he did pretty well in the playoffs leading up to the World Series - but his World Series performance was a failure of Byun-yung proportions.
FTFY

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Gambo explained it better. He said that the Dbacks are going to spend whatever revenue this off season generated.

So whatever 7 extra home games earned the team, they are adding that to the budget.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo explained it better. He said that the Dbacks are going to spend whatever revenue this off season generated.

So whatever 7 extra home games earned the team, they are adding that to the budget.
Interesting. I'm trying to find out what that number is. All I could find that the playoffs generated $107 extra revenue combined in 2022 from 40 playoff games. That works out to $2.675 million per game. I know all series aren't even because tickets get more expensive, but a safe bet is between $15 and $18 million in extra spending.

I also learned that each Dback got a $340k bonus and each Ranger got a $440k bonus. Half the roster made about $720k each. That is nice for those guys.