IT IS TIME FOR KENDRICK TO SHOW HE WANTS TO WIN

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
We are definitely an unfinished product. Hazen still has some work to do. We have some good pieces in place but we have holes to fill, especially the BP. We have half the salary the Doyers and Padres do and about 70 million less than the other 2 teams in our division. Kendricks needs to sell his baseball collection and get us some help. I know he is barely a billionaire but he said he is willing to spend on a winner. Now is the time.

This team has potential. We will never outspend the Doyers, but we need to spend wisely on the right players. Hazen has made some mistakes, but he got us in contention with a low budget and has a great farm. We are only 1 1/2 games behind.

Note: Kendrick could make this a winning team that would be attractive to some multibillionaire and cash out with a huge profit. Hint hint. Ok, off my :soapbox:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion but I would trade Lourdes Guirrell for a bullpen arm

That won't really work. Anyone trading bullpen help will be out of it. Gurriel is on his last year so he won't be attractive to a team out of it.

McCarthy and Thomas are already mashing in the minors again at Reno. One of Fletcher, McCarthy and Thomas would get a great arm.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fletcher 25, McCarthy 25, Thomas 23. You have Jones coming up soon too. 4 left handed OFs. At least one needs to go

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chapman would be nice but I think I’d rather trade some real assets for Alexis Diaz or David Bednar.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
That won't really work. Anyone trading bullpen help will be out of it. Gurriel is on his last year so he won't be attractive to a team out of it.

McCarthy and Thomas are already mashing in the minors again at Reno. One of Fletcher, McCarthy and Thomas would get a great arm.
I am only good with trading Thomas.... Fletcher can hit lefties and McCarthy has at least in the past. We should get some draft comp if Gurriel leaves via FA right?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am only good with trading Thomas.... Fletcher can hit lefties and McCarthy has at least in the past. We should get some draft comp if Gurriel leaves via FA right?

No this isn't the NFL. They have competitive balance picks but that won't happen when a good team let's a guy walk

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The DBacks could own this town if Uncle Ken was able to crow bar open the wallet. Dude is a billionaire - he should be more interested in his actual team than his card collection.

OP
OP
AZ Native

AZ Native

Reaction score
I am fearing the trade deadline. We have great chemistry with the guys we have now. I don't want another Baumgartner.
This is a much different team than when we picked up Bum. We were desperate then. Now we have a solid young, improving team. We probably would look at getting an arm or 2 without paying an arm and a leg. There is a lot of the season left so I hope we can strengthen the bullpen without giving up the farm. I too, like the chemistry.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Hilarious that after the team has caught lightning in a bottle, Kendrick is still sitting on his hands. We're in desperate need of another reliable starter and a closer type reliever. We have the farm system to get almost anyone.

What is the hold up?

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They have to replace Davies ASAP. I can’t believe they continue running him out there. I’d rather see Pfadt or Walston at this point.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have to replace Davies ASAP. I can’t believe they continue running him out there. I’d rather see Pfadt or Walston at this point.
Luckily the San Fran lost today because Davies pitches tomorrow against the Giants.

OP
OP
AZ Native

AZ Native

Reaction score
McGough picked up a two-out save yesterday in Milwaukee and was called upon again Thursday after Joe Mantiply was unable to maintain Arizona's four-run advantage. McGough now has saves in each of his past three appearances, and he hasn't given up an earned run in his past 21 frames. We still need another quality starter and another bullpen guy but McCough has been looking good.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Hilarious that after the team has caught lightning in a bottle, Kendrick is still sitting on his hands. We're in desperate need of another reliable starter and a closer type reliever. We have the farm system to get almost anyone.

What is the hold up?
IDK, it's obvious we have talent on the farm guys we are bringing up. I don't want to trade them for veteran guys that are retreads.

Last edited:

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
IDK, it's obvious we have talkent on the farm guys we are bringing up. I don't want to trade them for veteran guys that are retreads.
Yeah, dont burn prospects unless its a player you can have control over for a few years. There should be interest in the Dbacks thru the end of the year because no one is going to give a crap about the Cards this football season

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose