Isn't this great?

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's baffles me why it has taken so long for some to embrace Kyler Murray.

Were they undecided about him coming into the season?
I was more optimistic than I was, but yeah, I was still a little undecided. He had some really bad stretches last year. Especially the way people were talking about the second season leap, like with Mahomes and Jackson. Expectations seemed way too high.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was more optimistic than I was, but yeah, I was still a little undecided. He had some really bad stretches last year. Especially the way people were talking about the second season leap, like with Mahomes and Jackson. Expectations seemed way too high.

Murray last year looked solar systems better than Lamar in his rookie year.

Jackson couldnt even throw a slant route as a rookie

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Murray last year looked solar systems better than Lamar in his rookie year.

Jackson couldnt even throw a slant route as a rookie
Yeah, Jackson's growth was unprecedented. But I think second year leaps like Lamar's, Mahomes', and potentially Murray, are the exception to the rule rather than what I'd expect.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah, Jackson's growth was unprecedented. But I think second year leaps like Lamar's, Mahomes', and potentially Murray, are the exception to the rule rather than what I'd expect.

One thing with Murray is that he really only had like 15 starts in college. His learning curve is a bit higher, but his ceiling from where he started should be as well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Rilly bruh??? like we didn't know you were on board.... lmao

Bruh....I can't help it man! When I see someone who is so obviously in error, I'm almost pathologically driven to try and change their mind.

I saw Murray as the most can't miss prospect in last year's draft and one of the best opportunities to draft a franchise QB the Cardinals have had since I started following them in 1994.

One thing I like to point out, is that Aaron Donald, the best defensive player in the NFL bar none right now, only adds like 2 wins above his replacement. A good QB is substantially more. Bosa < Donald. It would have been a colossal mistake to have stuck with Rosen and drafted Bosa. Right now, the Cardinals would probably have some retread QB like Andy Dalton and Bosa. Murray is worth WAY more than that pairing.

What I liked about Murray was his phenomenal athletic ability, very good arm strength and accuracy, but more importantly, his mental makeup. The kid just HATES losing. Did you see his face after one of the times the Cardinals didn't convert yesterday? He was completely upset. The Cardinals were leading by a large margin and he was still mad because he seeks perfection.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bruh....I can't help it man! When I see someone who is so obviously in error, I'm almost pathologically driven to try and change their mind.

I saw Murray as the most can't miss prospect in last year's draft and one of the best opportunities to draft a franchise QB the Cardinals have had since I started following them in 1994.

One thing I like to point out, is that Aaron Donald, the best defensive player in the NFL bar none right now, only adds like 2 wins above his replacement. A good QB is substantially more. Bosa < Donald. It would have been a colossal mistake to have stuck with Rosen and drafted Bosa. Right now, the Cardinals would probably have some retread QB like Andy Dalton and Bosa. Murray is worth WAY more than that pairing.

What I liked about Murray was his phenomenal athletic ability, very good arm strength and accuracy, but more importantly, his mental makeup. The kid just HATES losing. Did you see his face after one of the times the Cardinals didn't convert yesterday? He was completely upset. The Cardinals were leading by a large margin and he was still mad because he seeks perfection.

I gotta admit I wasn't sold on him when he was drafted. After I went to a game last year and watched him in person, I'm all in!

btw, thanks for proving my point fanboi....hahaha

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I didn’t like the Murray pick but am becoming optimistic.
Things I like: he’s using his legs and being more decisive.

Things I don’t like: QBs who rely on their legs first don’t last. His mid 20’s QB rating is around the likes of Sam Darnold and Baker. But he is 5th in QBR.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I bought a K1 jersey before he took a snap for us. Welcome aboard to anyone too blind, deaf, or dumb to see the talent.

I'm also going to kick myself for sounding like the "I knew the band before they were popular" kid...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave