Isiah Thomas

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t watched past midway through the 2nd quarter of the last two Suns playoff elimination games. Nor did I ever yell at the TV in either or ever get excited.

All year I’ve been saying I had no juice for this team. Last season’s epic meltdown sucked a lot of it out for me, this season did nothing to move the needle as we started the year by getting a nice shiny early record by barely beating the Sisters Of The Poor in the league while routinely getting waxed by good teams (yes… this was the case even with Cam and Bridges). Got briefly excited by KD, but once he got taken out by the layup line, I basically resigned myself to another in a long line of laughable end of season results.

Got what I expected. But not upset about this stuff anymore. Think I’m just becoming less of a fan.

Which is fine too.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I haven’t watched past midway through the 2nd quarter of the last two Suns playoff elimination games. Nor did I ever yell at the TV in either or ever get excited.

All year I’ve been saying I had no juice for this team. Last season’s epic meltdown sucked a lot of it out for me, this season did nothing to move the needle as we started the year by getting a nice shiny early record by barely beating the Sisters Of The Poor in the league while routinely getting waxed by good teams (yes… this was the case even with Cam and Bridges). Got briefly excited by KD, but once he got taken out by the layup line, I basically resigned myself to another in a long line of laughable end of season results.

Got what I expected. But not upset about this stuff anymore. Think I’m just becoming less of a fan.

Which is fine too.
I had a bad karma moment myself last year. Nothing major, just a dumb move that affected myself. This is all clearly my fault, as my bad juju is affecting the team. Ugh.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really hope not. He’s been a disaster at every career turn since hanging up his sneakers.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Which is fine too.
I'm right there with you. :(

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hope not. He’s been a disaster at every career turn since hanging up his sneakers.
I really hope he gets hired. I figure he's running things from the shadows right now anyway and if he's on the payroll it will be a lot easier to fire him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am curious why?
I presume you're asking me why I think Isiah is running things behind the scenes?

Because we just made a very Isiah Thomas type trade. Because he's now a close friend and associate of the new owner and has been seen by his side at many public functions especially all the Suns related ones. Because JJ was given the President of Basketball position for no real reason not to mention the suspect timing. Because it was reported that Thomas was being hired as the GM and then denied after the internet backlash about IT's sexual harrassment settlement when he was running the Knicks. And because Ishbia's denial about hiring him was incredibly thin as he deflected every direct question about it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I presume you're asking me why I think Isiah is running things behind the scenes?

Because we just made a very Isiah Thomas type trade. Because he's now a close friend and associate of the new owner and has been seen by his side at many public functions especially all the Suns related ones. Because JJ was given the President of Basketball position for no real reason not to mention the suspect timing. Because it was reported that Thomas was being hired as the GM and then denied after the internet backlash about IT's sexual harrassment settlement when he was running the Knicks. And because Ishbia's denial about hiring him was incredibly thin as he deflected every direct question about it.
No I am asking why you want him to be hired?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Isaiah Thomas has both LeBron and Kareem over Michael Jordan so it's safe to say Isaiah Thomas lets his personal emotions interfere with his basketball perception

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sold that the Suns will employ Thomas in any official capacity, but undoubtedly he has Ishbia's ear behind the scenes... for whatever that's worth.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sold that the Suns will employ Thomas in any official capacity, but undoubtedly he has Ishbia's ear behind the scenes... for whatever that's worth.
I'm 100% sold that Ishbia wants to employ Thomas in an official capacity but the continued pushback might delay it for a year or two. But my guess is it won't take that long. I think it will happen this summer, shortly after the announcement that Thomas has finished attending all the necessary "don't do or say that" seminars.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
James Jones is only relevant because he is Lebron's friend. Why all the IT hate? James Jones sucked as a player. He sucks as GM but he is living on Lebron's nuts.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's an unofficial consultant now so giving him the GM position officially might not change much. One thing I will give him is there was no shortage of point guards on the Knicks when he was GM. He neglected the rest of the roster but at least we'll have playmakers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose