Is this team unlikeable?

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Im 33 years old and have watched and been on this board since early highschool. Ive seen a lot of bad football and Bball here over that span. Maybe im just being negative but this team is just so unlikeable.

Kyler is the face of the franchise, nuff said. Guys like Larry and JJ are retired and gone. Kliff was a likeable guy but just couldnt do the job. The coaching staff/Keim were busted in the media for the wrong reasons. Players come here and succeed elsewhere (John brown, isiah, reddick, jordan phillips, etc). The roster is all flash without the actual flash. On top of it, the whole roster is about to turn over. You have ex players like PP taking shots at how the Cards front office does business. At least some bad teams are known for playing hard, not this one. You then hire quirky young Gannon to fix the problem. What evidence is there he can fix the problem? The cards needed a head coach to move the franchise forward, not another 40 year old coordinator with a short resume, c’mon man.

Im okay having bad team and rebuilding but i cant find a guy or a face here to even attach my wagon to. I like ertz and Budda but just mostly feel bad for them and want them gone because I want to see them actually win. I think if we were fans of another team, we would all dislike the Cards.

Go Suns

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Unwatchable at times, more than I'd like to admit that I actually watched lol. Never unlikable because this was my first team ever being a fan of (1976) & it will be my last. Forever a Cardinals fan. Look, I have no proof, only faith that Monti will be a competent GM & build this team through FA & the draft, especially the draft. Gannon is young & can relate to the players but he needs to also show tough love at the same time, build them up & tear into them when he needs to. The way I understand it, Gannon is Monti's guy, had his eye on him for a while now & that's good enough for me right now.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unwatchable at times, more than I'd like to admit that I actually watched lol. Never unlikable because this was my first team ever being a fan of (1976) & it will be my last. Forever a Cardinals fan. Look, I have no proof, only faith that Monti will be a competent GM & build this team through FA & the draft, especially the draft. Gannon is young & can relate to the players but he needs to also show tough love at the same time, build them up & tear into them when he needs to. The way I understand it, Gannon is Monti's guy, had his eye on him for a while now & that's good enough for me right now.
I watched every minute of every game and honestly I was so disgusted with the whole regime that was actively rooting for them to get blown out. I wanted it to become impossible to not make changes.
I didn’t expect more than 5-6 wins last year KNOWING what we had. I’m going to go into next year with those same expectations.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Why do we find it so hard to cut ties with them? If this team were our wives, we would have walked away and filed for divorce years ago. But instead, we are all still here. I guess just like in a relationship, we all fear being alone and not having anyone. Both sad and pathetic really.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well...

Owner: 8 out of 10 unlikable. He loves to be a big shot. He actively seeks recognition. He has two very different standards for his friends versus his other employees. Borderline 9.

GM: 3 out of 10. Made some real waves with complimenting Budda. Could be a 2 after the draft

QB: 7 out of 10 on the unlikable rating. Should be a 3 but here we are.

RB: 3 out of 10. Conner is super likable but not anywhere near worth his pay. A good rookie away from a 2

WR. 5. This is a super mixed bag thanks to DHop just checking out at the end of the year. If he stays it's probably a 3 thanks to him and Dortch.

TE: 1 love Ertz and McBride played hard with a ton of passion at the end of the year.

OL: 6 DJ and Jones are fine. The rest is a pile of meh. -2 for having two retired guys on the roster.

DL: this was a 2 with Watt and Allen now it's a : shrug maybe a 7

LB: 5. A mix of the overdrafted and the under performing

DBs 2 Murphy and Budda are great.

Overall slightly unlikable

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't think there's a ton of outwardly likeable players on the roster, with JJ gone and all.

Budda is, but it's hard to see anyone else I get excited about from like a media perspective. It doesn't mean they're bad players or anything, just not vocal or consistent enough on the field yet. DHop was, but with his suspension and the rumors he wants to leave, I'm not really counting him.

I have no pulse on Ossenfort and Gannon yet. Ossenfort seemed nice in his presser, very genuine. Here's hoping they can develop a culture here that's likeable and successful.

I'd very much prefer someone home grown to be that culture setting guy. For as much as I liked JJ, you never really got that feeling he was "ours" like Larry, Adrian Wilson, and others were.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Sean Payton is unlikable by me, most penalized HC in sports history For unsportsmanlike conduct. so I consider it a win that he is in Denver.

hop cheated a the best reciever in the NFL at his peak. It hurt us worse then it hurt him.
so now it’s KM and Connor, Hollywood Brown on offense, McBride may be a mainstay

budha is good face for anyone anytime any place - I still think our 2 first round linebackers were a good move And getting better, multiple pass rushers last year , learned from JJ, everybody wants a superstar,

this hc created stars

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Im 33 years old and have watched and been on this board since early highschool. Ive seen a lot of bad football and Bball here over that span. Maybe im just being negative but this team is just so unlikeable.

Kyler is the face of the franchise, nuff said. Guys like Larry and JJ are retired and gone. Kliff was a likeable guy but just couldnt do the job. The coaching staff/Keim were busted in the media for the wrong reasons. Players come here and succeed elsewhere (John brown, isiah, reddick, jordan phillips, etc). The roster is all flash without the actual flash. On top of it, the whole roster is about to turn over. You have ex players like PP taking shots at how the Cards front office does business. At least some bad teams are known for playing hard, not this one. You then hire quirky young Gannon to fix the problem. What evidence is there he can fix the problem? The cards needed a head coach to move the franchise forward, not another 40 year old coordinator with a short resume, c’mon man.

Im okay having bad team and rebuilding but i cant find a guy or a face here to even attach my wagon to. I like ertz and Budda but just mostly feel bad for them and want them gone because I want to see them actually win. I think if we were fans of another team, we would all dislike the Cards.

Go Suns
Meh most of the NBA would say the Suns are the least likeable team. They are probably one of the least liked teams in any sport. Do I care? Nope, they are my a holes.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure. Otherwise no one would be here. There has been a lot of losing to endure. Eventually you wear it like a badge of honor.

I could never switch allegiance to another team. Growing up I was a hardcore Chiefs fan. Got the Chiefs uniform and helmet. My entire Kansas family is die hard Chiefs fans. I got into the Cardinals, big time, still cheered hard for the Chiefs as well.for IDK, 10 years or so. Now, really don't care much about them one way or other. Was mildly pleased they won. But I don't really care.

It's some type of mental illness probably. The Chiefs, my former # 1 team who almost everyone would say is more likeable... I don't really like them. I like the Cardinals.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Michael Bidwill used to be likable, but over the past few years he seems to have developed a sense of arrogance that wasn’t apparent before. It’s disappointing, because he is the only part of the franchise that is definitely here to stay.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose