Is the NFC West still a division in the NFL????

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bear with me.....

I tape 4-5 hours of NFL Network, and ESPN football related programming, so I can rip through it in about an hour before I go to bed.

I was initially going to make this a "lack of Cardinals" rant, but when I thought about it, I noticed almost NO coverage on the NFC West.

Is it just me?
Have I lost my magic touch with the x3 fast forward function?

Last night I watched another 3+ hours of NFL total access, Path to the Draft etc.... And if it wasn't for a clip of Saquan Barkley running over a Cardinal defender, I'm pretty sure they don't exist anymore.
A few clips about the SB runner-up Niners... A blurb about the Rams picking up a Florida WR to replace Cooks...... Nothing about the Seahawks.

Anyone else notice a complete under reporting of our division?

One thing I know for certain, NFL Network has been running a compilation of the first 8 picks (Showing the Coach or GM calling the player) It obviously starts with Burrow.... Then stays numerically correct till #7 (Derrick Brown/ Panthers)

Then skips to the Raiders/Ruggs lol.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I listen to/watch PFT every morning...they always cover NFC West and still consider it the best division in football. Today they talked about how it wouldn't be strange to see 3 or all 4 NFC West teams earn a Playoff spot this year.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I listen to/watch PFT every morning...they always cover NFC West and still consider it the best division in football. Today they talked about how it wouldn't be strange to see 3 or all 4 NFC West teams earn a Playoff spot this year.
4 playoff teams in the first year it is possible would be a real sick approval that the NFC West is the thoughest division in the NFL (from the last 20 years we have the most SB appierances divisionwise)

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
I thought I heard numerous times during the draft how tough the NFC West is and Cards were being talked about in the mix

OP
OP
S

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought I heard numerous times during the draft how tough the NFC West is and Cards were being talked about in the mix

It's not draft coverage I felt was missing, Just post draft coverage.

I guess I'm taping the wrong shows.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
I think they are breaking things down by region AFC east nfc east type thing but I wouldn't be surprised if the west gets ignored lol

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well the ESPN, nfln joint draft coverage was lame, bunch of talking heads waiting for a turn to speak with less variety.

kind 0f a monopoly- I don’t like the fact that players that announce on nfln has a huge advantage to get in the hof!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not draft coverage I felt was missing, Just post draft coverage.

I guess I'm taping the wrong shows.
Agree. Tonight, balance was somewhat restored when NFLNet delivered on their promise to grade the NFC and AFC West. Cards received an "A."

I think two dynamics drove coverage: (1) the need to cover 2 divisions at a time. each evening - starting with AFC East and ending with the NFC West covered last, and (2) the lack of content (i.e. interviews and game footage) due to COVID-19 distance limitations. Way too much dead space was filled by reruns of The GB QB Story and Hugs & Kisses from the QBs' rec rooms.

Lack of Cardinal coverage and COVID-19 challenges notwithstanding, I found post-draft coverage pretty weak.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, I could never understand who or what they were talking abouto_O. They were always talking about one person , showing highlights about another person and the side of the TV was indicating the team on the clock from which I don't think matched anything they were showing or talking about. I could never get them to match up. None of them matched. So confusing to me.
I didn't like the setup or format at all. :pullhair:

OP
OP
S

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The best thing I've learned post draft, Was the Browns called Cam Jordon...and told him to be ready to be their 3rd round pick. :biglaugh:

(They were trying to call Jordon Cameron)

Probably old news for most?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Do the morning sports talk shows talk up the Eastern teams due to the time difference in West coast? While the evening talk shows emphasize the Wezt? Just a thought.