Is Kyler Murray the answer at QB for next year and beyond?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No one was saying this the first 8 games of the season.

This I disagree with.

The line is trash, it has been trash all year. I was questioning if they'd want to play Murray at all behind this mess of a line.

But, even when the blocking is there, Murray's reads and throws have been lousy. Murray only ran the ball once all game... if that was by design, it is a bad design.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Almost hope he goes at this point and succeeds somewhere they put a competent team around him! Talented kid and it would just be so Cardinalesqe for them to draft say the USC kid because of hype and let Murray go succeed somewhere else only to have the drafted kid utterly fail! We’ll see how the season plays out but bashing the best QB this franchise has drafted is getting old beyond belief. Some of you act like he has been surrounded by talent or quality coaching his entire career and just not succeeding…
Nashman is a Murray fan, got it. Plenty of Murray’s passes have been bad to his receivers. I didn’t watch today’s game but he left a lot of plays on the field last week. It sounds like more of the same this week.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
For someone to be saying no has been saying this not only this year but the past 2 years would be a quote from the movie Shawshank Redemption, “How could you be so obtuse?”. But then again for a you to make that statement to begin with is an answer in itself.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This simply isn’t true. While I admit hes only been borderline pro bowl level at times, he’s been solid for this team.
lol check yourself… even in the past 3 years; “covid season” - oh he’s been awful but prob because of covid. Last season, “ oh he’s been awful, he’s just having a rough season”… this season same thing!

Before that???! lol not elite outside of 1 season. Had a half of a season where he was kind of good… guy sucks for a LT being paid big dollars and suppose to be in the prime of his career. Sucks

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
lol check yourself… even in the past 3 years; “covid season” - oh he’s been awful but prob because of covid. Last season, “ oh he’s been awful, he’s just having a rough season”… this season same thing!

Before that???! lol not elite outside of 1 season. Had a half of a season where he was kind of good… guy sucks for a LT being paid big dollars and suppose to be in the prime of his career. Sucks
Lol, I have certainly checked myself, and again while not elite he’s been fine. Where’s your evidence?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol, I have certainly checked myself, and again while not elite he’s been fine. Where’s your evidence?
lol outside of the very obvious eye check… hardly is a win vs his matchup for the game. Check literally any ranking or grading OL site. Literally anyone… literally anyone. You can retire your Hump jersey at this point, he won’t be on next years roster

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This I disagree with.

The line is trash, it has been trash all year. I was questioning if they'd want to play Murray at all behind this mess of a line.

But, even when the blocking is there, Murray's reads and throws have been lousy. Murray only ran the ball once all game... if that was by design, it is a bad design.
It was trash when we were a top 5 ranked rushing team and giving Dobbs time (which he usually did nothing with)? No. Argument without evidence with ACTUAL evidence in the rankings AND on the board of people praising the O-line during the first half of the season.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nashman is a Murray fan, got it. Plenty of Murray’s passes have been bad to his receivers. I didn’t watch today’s game but he left a lot of plays on the field last week. It sounds like more of the same this week.
It’s no secret really, like the fact that he is surrounded by poo. Of course he’s not gonna be playing at an elite level after a year off and in a new system surrounded by trash and getting little protection! But hey feel free to judge him like the other haters…

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was trash when we were a top 5 ranked rushing team and giving Dobbs time (which he usually did nothing with)? No. Argument without evidence with ACTUAL evidence in the rankings AND on the board of people praising the O-line during the first half of the season.

Well, I guarantee you didn't catch me praising it.

The interior line has been awful all year and Hump has gone from solid to trash.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
lol outside of the very obvious eye check… hardly is a win vs his matchup for the game. Check literally any ranking or grading OL site. Literally anyone… literally anyone. You can retire your Hump jersey at this point, he won’t be on next years roster
Ok so it’s your opinion, just as I figured. He ranks pretty good outside of this year but appreciate your comment!

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ok so it’s your opinion, just as I figured. He ranks pretty good outside of this year but appreciate your comment!
Nope - actually it was beyond my opinion but apparently you can’t accept it just as many others. The guy was ranked as a bottom quarter league of a starter beyond just the fan crews posting of excuses the past 3 seasons.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Murray will not be good until he has decent protection and receivers, few QBs would. This roster will not allow him to be properly evaluated. A decision will need to be made based on 5 more similar performances like today. I think they would like to trade him if possible and select their own QB.
I personally think he has top 10 potential if surrounded by quality weapons.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Murray will not be good until he has decent protection and receivers, few QBs would. This roster will not allow him to be properly evaluated. A decision will need to be made based on 5 more similar performances like today. I think they would like to trade him if possible and select their own QB.
I personally think he has top 10 potential if surrounded by quality weapons.
There is nothing to support this as of now. The offense has enough talent on it to support a decent offense. Kyler looks no better than Dobbs in it. Can't excuse that away.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Nope - actually it was beyond my opinion but apparently you can’t accept it just as many others. The guy was ranked as a bottom quarter league of a starter beyond just the fan crews posting of excuses the past 3 seasons.
Again, not true

Attachments

• IMG_6694.png
    IMG_6694.png
    566.9 KB · Views: 12

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Just on the O we need a #1 WR, LG, LT, and #1 or #2 RB at the very least. That’s some big holes needing filled. IF we can fill those holes with some starting caliber players and fill the #1WR with a PB caliber player (MHJ) then you can evaluate KM better.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Just on the O we need a #1 WR, LG, LT, and #1 or #2 RB at the very least. That’s some big holes needing filled. IF we can fill those holes with some starting caliber players and fill the #1WR with a PB caliber player (MHJ) then you can evaluate KM better.
While I agree with some of this, improving the defense will also take some pressure off of the offense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson