interview now on 1060 AM - Warner is airborne on private jet

pinnacle

Reaction score
Bob Kemp is interviewing bay area reporter. The 49ers have sent a private jet to pick Warner up and he will arrive in 20 minutes. They have supposedly never done this before.

The guy also thinks they will do more guaranteed money and maybe do a 3 year deal or something. He thinks they MAY go to $15 million per year.

I get the feeling...listening to the radio...this deal may happen...with the 49ers. They will probably sell Warner on maybe being able to play longer because he can hand the ball off more - per the reporter.

OP
OP
P

pinnacle

Reaction score
Yep...the reporter who originally broke the story thought the 49ers may go as high as $15 million per year...maybe give an option for 3 years....

Bring on Leinert.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pretty much sets us up for another Monday Night show down against the 49ers.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good. Don't come back Kurt. If he becomes a 49er DRC and Rolle are guranteed at least 3 INT's each next year and Dockett with a couple of fumble recoveries.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep...the reporter who originally broke the story thought the 49ers may go as high as $15 million per year...maybe give an option for 3 years....

Bring on Leinert.

Wow! That would be something.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if warner signs I hope has fun with no wr's to throw ball to and a pretty bad oline..... pretty sad that the nfl is all about the money now :(

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
At this point if he goes he goes. He is showing that he is just money hungry if he does this. Nobody was willing to give the guy a chance after NY and we did and this is how he is going to repay AZ? I hope he stays but if he doesn't and God told him to be greedy I will of lost a lot of respect for him.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A fool and his money are soon parted.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I see where his priorities are. However, I just do not see how he readily fits in the SF offensive scheme. I would think he would be taking the ball from center for the most part and handing it to Gore. I just do not see SF having the receivers to make KW look good because he is very vulnerable to the pass rush.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Wow. Careful what you wish for Kurt.

On a side note........Now's your chance Matt. Let this be the hardest you have ever worked this offseason. There are going to be a lot of doubters out there and its on you to prove them wrong.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow. From considering getting a #13 jersey this year to possibly washing my hands of him forever. This is not looking promising.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would say a Warner/Leinart showdown could rival a Cassell/Brady matchup. I love drama!

Leinart: When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They will probably sell Warner on maybe being able to play longer because he can hand the ball off more - per the reporter.

That's brilliant! Pay the guy 15 million a year to do the one thing is isn't all that good at.

Not to mention he hates it, and would rather throw it every down.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw Antonio Smith on TV last night and he was so happy. Yet he mentioned how proud he was to be a former member of the Cardinals family. He was really class. If I had known KW might leave I would have like to have kept him.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm starting to like the Yorks and they way they treat players.....Last year they brought in Justin Smith in Helicopter and now they are using a private plane for Kurt Warner...:thumbsup: :)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My guess is that the 49ers are offering a 3 year deal to absorb the cap hit now and take it later. You know, the kind of deal that Snyder does all the time. It all looks wonderful at first glance but some of the "money" won't be paid.

I'm torn about this because it does help sign some FA's but I like that the Cards don't do the phoney money thing.

Snyder has been doing this for years and never ever really gets into CAP jail so there must be something to it. Joeshmo help is required at this point.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It all makes sense now. When I was in SF for the week one game there were some Cardinal fans in a corner cheering for Kurt as he ran off the field during pregame warmups. He didn't acknowledge them, but he did go over to a fan in A 49ER JERSEY to sign an autograph of a SI cover of Warner in a Rams uniform. Always thought that was a wrong move. Acknowledge your fans.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
One word: Posturing

I have no doubt SF has intentions of signing him, but Warner is playing his cards. We'll see what happens, no need to panic yet. He will at least give the Cards a chance to match...

trumpcard

Reaction score
Kurt may do the Cards a big favor leaving that money on the table. Using that money can make us so much better for the long run. Whatever Kurt does he can only play so much longer. Just a gut feeling but this could be what finishes turning this team around.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One word: Posturing

I have no doubt SF has intentions of signing him, but Warner is playing his cards. We'll see what happens, no need to panic yet. He will at least give the Cards a chance to match...

Which we'd better not do.