Interesting Offseason Stuff

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
While working this week, I was listening to a local radio station here in Chicago. I am going to be vague because I was not paying close enough attention, however one of the hosts who played for many years in the NFL on the DL said that one of our former coach during the DG era never had any business being an asst. coach in the NFL. He invariably got things confused and the team he played on was out of their scheme far too many times. When they reviewed the film on Monday, he (the coach) it was found could not answer why things got so balled up...he gave some very specific situations. Interestingly, I checked the teams he was DL coach and his longevity, both were impressive.

Another interesting point, made by someone else on the same show, different day. They said the Cardinals and Bears were in a $$$ War to sign Ron Atkins.He commented that Atkins is an outstanding DL coach and a major plus for the Cardinals.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
A better question would be is "Do you have your wife and two boys ready?"

lol. That just made my weekend. I cant wait to show it to my girlfriend so I can be "the good guy" all weekend. I owe you a beer if I ever make it up to Chicago.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
QUOTE=lobo;1260375]one of the hosts who played for many years in the NFL on the DL said that one of our former coach during the DG era never had any business being an asst. coach in the NFL. He invariably got things confused and the team he played on was out of their scheme far too many times. When they reviewed the film on Monday, he (the coach) it was found could not answer why things got so balled up...he gave some very specific situations. Interestingly, I checked the teams he was DL coach and his longevity, both were impressive.

Another interesting point, made by someone else on the same show, different day. They said the Cardinals and Bears were in a $$$ War to sign Ron Atkins.He commented that Atkins is an outstanding DL coach and a major plus for the Cardinals.[/QUOTE]

What a revelation - that our coaches couldn't coach or scheme or analyze properly. What a surprise!:moon:

That said I'm REALLY looking forward to this years (2007!) Cardinals take the field. And I'm really excited about the OL and DL coach hirings!:p

OP
OP
lobo

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2/5

Good one.

Lobo, if you get any Cubs or Sox tix this year, you can't use, let me know. :)

I promise you i will. i have two friends that have season tickets to both and they often ask me if i want the tickets...face value of course. The only time I definitely go is when my "other cardinals" play. Tickets to the parking lot and to the both clubs (good chow) come with the tickets.

OP
OP
lobo

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
lol. That just made my weekend. I cant wait to show it to my girlfriend so I can be "the good guy" all weekend. I owe you a beer if I ever make it up to Chicago.

Lucky for you don't have 90-100 days to think or worry about that. To quote many of our poster "it sucks" from December to March. I have (because I am an optomist) a 90 day countdown from 1Dec to 28Feb. For the last 20 years or so we had only one major snow after 28Feb. When pitchers and catchers report down there I know I will see my lawn soon..or at least the ground.

OP
OP
lobo

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
...our coaches couldn't coach or scheme or analyze properly.

Brilliant!

Hey Jeff...don't shoot the messenger.
icon7.gif